HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OHL's Mike Liambus hit on Ben Fanelli - Erie Otters vs Kitchener Rangers

Old
11-05-2009, 05:17 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Yes he is going fast, but I watch the video Liambus take no more than two strides immediately preceeding the hit. Moreover, he never left his feet and lead with his shoulder. The "horror" in watching that hit is that Fanelli turns away, face to the boards, at the last possible millisecond and basically forces Liambus to hit him from behind, because there is no way Liambus can attempt to avoid the hit at that time.

Unfortunate, horrible to watch, tragic for Fanelli (glad he is doing better), but worthy of a year long suspension? No, sorry, not even close. He was penalized for the injury, not the circumstance of the hit, at least not the part he (Liambus) controlled.
Totally agree.

If you're going to suspend him for a season for that hit, just simply take body checks out of the game.

The injury is tragic but the suspension for a season is just beyond ridiculous.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 01:24 AM
HBKF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Not to be a profiler, but does the hitter have a rep?
Seems like he has a rep as a goon. Lots of questionable hits, including one against Tavares, and lots of fights. Reminds me of Avery.

That hit seems more like an attempt to injure than an attempt to separate the player from the puck. I'm not sure I agree with the suspension, but I lean towards it being a charge, and probably a major.

Doesn't help that it's an overage 20 year old vs. a 16 year old kid in a non-professional league, but that's the OHL's fault. At 16, how many of us are ready to compete against adults? I certainly wasn't ready to play against college kids when I was a sophomore in high school. But I probably thought i was, lol. Again, that's on the OHL.

HBKF is offline   Reply With Quote