HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The "All Things Lecavalier" Thread - Rumors, Speculation, Proposals

Old
12-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
How does:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBrun Article
He doesn't look happy to me. He's not firing on all cylinders. His coach doesn't seem to know how to use him. It's just a bad fit right now. And the timing, well, let's just say he's in the first year of a massive lifetime deal that pays him $70 million over the first seven years.

Turn into:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBC Article
Hotstover Pierre LeBrun’s weekly ESPN blatherings included more rumblings that Vincent Lecavalier is unhappy in Tampa. I have no doubt Pierre is correct. Lecavalier simply does not trust Lightning management/ownership after everything that happened last year. No matter what anyone connected with that franchise says - number four was available for trade.
How do we go from "doesn't look happy to me" to "Lecavalier simply does not trust [the] management"?

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 03:57 PM
pld459666

It would have to be something like this.

Drury, Sanguinetti, (Stepan or Kreider) and the 2010 NYR 1st for Vinny

thoughts?

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by #97 View Post
Just fell on this article from Pierre LeBrun on ESPN, where he mentions the eventuality of trading rumours involving Lecavalier heating up, in case the Lightning doesn't perform.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...=lebrun_pierre

And that leads to my question. How realistic is it for you to see Lecavalier in NY in a not too far future? The fact is this team is cruelly lacking of creativity. Lecavalier has a cap hit of 7.727M$. What would you consider moving for him? Redden's or Drury (most likely) would have to go, but besides that? Stepan, a 1st to open the discussion? discuss, discuss. That's purely speculation, I don't say, let's go after him at all cost, I'd just want to have your enlighten opinions on that matter. I'd love to see Lecavalier in NY...
Highly unlikely.
Vinny apparently really likes life in Tampa, and if he were to ever play elsewhere, I guess it's for a spot on the Habs, while keeping the home in Tampa.

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 04:08 PM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
How does:

Turn into:

How do we go from "doesn't look happy to me" to "Lecavalier simply does not trust [the] management"?
Two different authors? Maybe Friedman has more contacts close to Vinny/Tampa?

Even if it's just conjecture, can you blame him for not trusting management?

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post

thoughts?
I would rather give up Kreider than Stepan. To me, it's not even close. That said, I would still not give up Sangs, Kreider and #1 for Vinny.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Cermi

I wouldnt take Vinny for free, his contract is terrible. Unless we get rid of Redden/drury we cant afford him and I dont even want him.

Cermi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post

thoughts?
I don't think Tampa would take on Drury. Lecavalier is more valuble then that.

But we can make room for him by trading Rozsival in a separate deal for a cheaper D and then moving Higgins either in a deal for Vinny or in another separate deal.

Trade Rozi for a 2m stay at home D.

Then Higgins, Anisimov, Lisin, Sanguinetti and three 1st's for Lecavalier, Downie and three 3rd's.

Avery(29)-Prospal(34)-Gabby(27)//We know that this line works well. Good age at Avery and Gabby. Definitely have 5-6 prime years in them.
Drury(32)-Lecavalier(29)-Callahan(24)//Would definitely create some offense. Drury works best with guys like Vinny (Forsberg, Iginla or Vanek in the past). 5-6 years in them.
Downie(22)-Dubinsky(23)-Kotalik(30)//Downie and Dubinsky would make this a real attitude line. They would be decent. 2/3's of this line have 10-12 years in them. Torts would make Downie work in NY. Good to have in the east.
Christensen(25)-Boyle(24)-Brash(37)//Boyle have potential to become a awesome 4th line center. Needs time though. I am not sold on the wingers, but...
Staal(22)-Girardi(24)//This blueline have 4 coreplayers for the future.
Redden(32)-Gilroy(25)
MDZ(19)-Vet D()

The bottom-line: As we can see this team would only need cosmetic changes in the coming 6-7 years. Sure we would give up 5 valuble assets, but we would have all the tools to contend during that time. A great sniper. A great center. Potentially one of the best PP's in this league. LeCav is great on the PP. A great future stay at home D. A great PPQB. Attitude in players like Avery, Downie, Dubinsky and Callahan. And while Anisimov and Sanguintti are good looking young players -- how much upside do they really have? 10 years from now -- will we look at them and say "darn" that we didn't keep them? I don't think we would. We are not trading away a "Zubov" again. My bet is that we are trading away a avg 2nd line/good 3rd line center and a 3rd-4th D.

And in 3-4 years the cap will have gone up pretty much, Drury's contract will come off the books, maybe something can be done about Redden -- what would we be looking for? 50% of our roster would still be young. We would still have Grachev and McDonagh as real young players too. And like 1 of Kreider/Stephen/Bourque. I just don't think we would have a dire need to bring in fresh 1st roundeers at that point if we could get Vinny now. We would have cap space to bring in vets to contend for real.

Like in 2012
Avery(32)-X-Gabby(30)//We would have a lot of money to find a center for Gabby with Drury off the books. Otherwise, just look at Pittsburgh for example -- if you have a good environment -- vets wants to come there to boost their stats.
Grachev(22)-Lecavalier(32)-Callahan(27)//Grachev would look great next to LeCav in the future.
Downie(25)-Dubinsky(26)-X//Would be a pesky duo...
Drury-Boyle(27)-X//I don't think its impossible that Drury resigns here for a cheaper price when this contract is up.
Staal(25)-Gilroy(28)//A really solid blueline.
MDZ(22)-McDonagh(22)
Redden(35)-Girardi(27)

As you can see, we definitely wouldn't be stuck with a bunch of dinosaurs in the future. Thats still a really young team -- 3 years down the line. Add another 3 years -- and its still not horribly old. We would get by for sure without 1st round picks for 3 years.

Its also a deal that makes some sense for Tampa. Anisimov is a good looking young center, already playing in the NHL, who they could give a long look in a 2nd line center role in the future behind Stamkos. Higgins is a player they supposedly wanted from Montreal, but thats only a rumor but still. A established NHLer. A good prospect in Sanguinetti. And 3 first round picks to help them build a powerhouse for the future.

I think we should try to go after Lecavalier at all costs.

Last edited by Ola: 12-08-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:31 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

whats better ? not having capt cash and blowzsitall or having vinny ?

i know my answer.

forget vince.

lets work on moving rozy and capt cash aka the 7 million $ blair betts and then use that money to build a team of parts rather than 1 guy who can get hurt or shut down like gaborik.

strength (and success) in numbers

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:31 PM
NY Ranger86

Quote:

thoughts?
done.

done.

done.

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Zil

People are complaining about crazy contracts, but want to give up young guys for Lecavalier's? The only way I do a deal for him is if they're close to giving him away, as in the only young guys I'd deal for him are some combination of Dubinsky, Callahan, Girardi, and Sanguinetti. I'd consider a Dubinsky, Sanguinetti, Rozsival, and a first or two, but not much more than that. No way do I give up a guy like Del Zotto, Anisimov, Stepan, Grachev, or McDonagh for him.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
People are complaining about crazy contracts, but want to give up young guys for Lecavalier's? The only way I do a deal for him is if they're close to giving him away, as in the only young guys I'd deal for him are some combination of Dubinsky, Callahan, Girardi, and Sanguinetti. I'd consider a Dubinsky, Sanguinetti, Rozsival, and a first or two, but not much more than that. No way do I give up a guy like Del Zotto, Anisimov, Stepan, Grachev, or McDonagh for him.
Thats what i'd give up in a trade for Vinny.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:47 PM
TrueBlueNorwegian

There is no way that they will be able to fetch much for Lecavalier right now unless your tradepartner is the Habs who would sell their farm and then some to get him. His stock has dropped dramatically since the start of the season plus he has a ridiculous contract that would stick for a long long time.

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 07:35 PM
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!

Vinny is the last thing that this franchise needs. He is injury prone and his play has been declining in recent seasons. This team is light years from winning a cup. We should not be sacrificing young talent to aqcuire fading stars.

McDonaghisGod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 07:43 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
Vinny is the last thing that this franchise needs. He is injury prone and his play has been declining in recent seasons. This team is light years from winning a cup. We should not be sacrificing young talent to aqcuire fading stars.
I don't know why people are even still talking about this. He's not a fading star, but I can't envision any situation that would involve him coming here. For one, a big contract would have to be going the other way, and that's not happening. Secondly, Tampa can easily compete for a playoff spot with the players they have on that team right now. Hell, recently they have been a much better team than us.

Vincent Lecavelier will never play for this team

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 07:47 PM
NYR Viper

Brad Richards makes more sense for the type of player this team needs.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 07:58 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
I agree, and when he is a free agent, I imagine there will be a very good chance he would sign here. Tortorella and the chance to center Gaborik.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 08:00 PM
realitystrikes*

Oh God, enough of this crap already. First his contract is the last thing we need. And second, the only way we even have a chance at him is if either Lundqvist or Gaborik go to Tampa. With the lovefest here over those two players it aint happening. If I see one more Redden/Rosival+Dubinsky/Staal/Callahan+prospect suggestion I think I'm gonna just give up on Ranger fans. Those bs packages don't get superstars.

realitystrikes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
Two surgeries != Injury prone.

Last edited by Trxjw: 12-08-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 08:02 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
I agree, and when he is a free agent, I imagine there will be a very good chance he would sign here. Tortorella and the chance to center Gaborik.
Yeah. I would imagine by then Rozsival and possibly Redden will be gone clearing space and Drury will have 1 season left. He seems to fit the style of play Torts wants to play and the connection is there with Torts.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 08:29 PM
nyrleetch

Drury Redden Rozvial For Vinny?

Happy Holidays!

nyrleetch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 09:03 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Don't want any part of Lecavalier.

That contract is awful. And he isn't getting any younger or better.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 09:38 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

I wouldn't dismiss any talk about Lecavilier for a couple of reasons. He's a bona fide number one center. He's a Tortorella favorite and in the big picture, he is hardly a declining player. The cap hit is tough ($7.7MM) but manageable. I suspect the New York experience would get him going and there will always be another buyer (Montreal) who would be waiting in the wings if the Rangers decided to move him along.

OK, so what does it take to get him? Tampa would want young assets and lots of them. They would need a center (Dubinsky or Anisimov) to fill his position, a young inexpensive defenseman (Sanguinetti), some scoring potential (Kreider or Grachev) and probably a draft pick or three. Keep in mind that the package would need to be better than whatever Montreal can cobble together. And they would have to take back some short term salary to balance the books (Rozsival or Drury)

A lot to give. A lot to think about. It's the kind of trade that usually happens during the offseason.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 09:58 PM
ThisYearsModel

Vinny goes anywhere it will be Montreal. They will offer the best package, and the best place for Vinny to be motivated. We cannot afford him, and he is precisely the kind of declining player we don't need. He did not like Torts before, he won't want him in his face now.

ThisYearsModel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 03:02 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Haven't we learned anything from signing Scott Gomez and Chris Drury?

Brad Richards isn't that good and he is payed like a mega star. Like sure, he is clutch, have won the Conn Smyth and what not. But he just aint that talented.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 03:30 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Haven't we learned anything from signing Scott Gomez and Chris Drury?

Brad Richards isn't that good and he is payed like a mega star. Like sure, he is clutch, have won the Conn Smyth and what not. But he just aint that talented.
Agreed. Yes he has had some good years, but then there are times where you wonder where the hell is he? Because he isnt on the stats sheet like the way he's paid to be. Richards, to me at least, is a very misleading player who you cant quite tell if he is the real deal or not because he isnt consistent. We already made the mistake with drury, I'd like to avoid going through this again.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote