HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

11/05/09 Montreal @ Boston 7PM RDS/TSN/NESN

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2009, 02:26 PM
CGG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
So, you're one of those guys that enjoys watching his team get pushed around. Cool, good to know. Guess what? This team isnt winning games without the toughness already, so adding some wont hurt it.
Please point to who we're supposed to be afraid of and who will be doing the pushing around:

Quote:
Sturm-Bergeron-Recchi
Wheeler-Sobotka-Ryder
Paille-Bégin-Marchand
Lehtonen-Whitfield-Thornton
Montreal also isn't winning without sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads, so maybe we need to add some of that too?

Old
11-05-2009, 02:31 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Brutal 4th line! One floater, and two little dudes who may play with a little grit every now and then.

We're playing Boston, a normally pretty physical team..and we scratch one guy who can hold up against them in Stewart and we're already missing BGL. Moen cant do it all by himself, plus a big guy in Gill is out.

We're getting smaller and softer.

I thought Gainey wanted the Habs to have a little more overall toughness. This is disgusting.
So I take it you'll continue to be disgusted if we actually score more goals than them and win the game, I guess? That is the idea, after all.

Old
11-05-2009, 02:37 PM
la25ecoupe

4th line will be killer!

Old
11-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Mynameismark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
So I take it you'll continue to be disgusted if we actually score more goals than them and win the game, I guess? That is the idea, after all.
No, I'll be happy to win. But hoping that the grind of the season doesnt wear on the smaller skilled guys who now really have no protection at all. I'm just looking out for the Habs best interests, little buddy.

A 4th line should be a line that is able to set a tone, or perhaps shift some momentum our way...cause a stir, creat an impact and sometimes wreak havoc.

Akost may not be floating, but he's a human void of emotion. The other two do not really belong on a 4th line but since BGL is injured, I could at least acclimate one of them. Stewart should dress this game, let Pyatt or White also play tonight and keep one seated until saturday, where you can maybe play both. It just makes sense. You go up against the top rival of your franchise, you best be able to handle the heat.

Thornton, Begin, Chara, Bitz......Moen.

Old
11-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Who needs to win when you have pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence.

Old
11-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Gio View Post
Yeah... BUT HE HAD 10 SHOTS!!!!!!!!!!!11!111!!!1!!!1!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMFG!!!1!

I enjoyed the hit on Kessel as much as anyone, but even I can admit that from what I saw in the highlights, outside of that one shift, he looked impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akost View Post
Can't lie, it was pretty awesome. I gotta say though, it feels weird sharing some hatred with Bruins' fans. Both our fanbases now hate Kessel and Komisarek. We could almost unite in Leafs' hatred, but that.....no. No alliance with Bruins' fans...never.

I'm hoping for a good game though, and no more injuries. It's gonna be ugly though. AHL match-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewins View Post
I like that. Yeah, it's gonna be an interesting one. Maybe gives us a glimpse of the future.
It is weird -- Montreal and Boston fans have loathed one another based on years of playoff rounds, and Montreal and Toronto fans based on being Canada's two Original Six teams and all the underlying cultural subplots, but Boston/TO has just never had that same flavour until (potentially) now. There's kind of this more interesting three-way, mutual-hatred dynamic now.

Old
11-05-2009, 02:40 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
No, I'll be happy to win. But hoping that the grind of the season doesnt wear on the smaller skilled guys who now really have no protection at all. I'm just looking out for the Habs best interests, little buddy.

A 4th line should be a line that is able to set a tone, or perhaps shift some momentum our way...cause a stir, creat an impact and sometimes wreak havoc.

Akost may not be floating, but he's a human void of emotion. The other two do not really belong on a 4th line but since BGL is injured, I could at least acclimate one of them. Stewart should dress this game, let Pyatt or White also play tonight and keep one seated until saturday, where you can maybe play both. It just makes sense. You go up against the top rival of your franchise, you best be able to handle the heat.

Thornton, Begin, Chara, Bitz......Moen.
please and Blitz isnt even playing too bad tho

Old
11-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post
Who needs to win when you have pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence.
I'm an English major and I must admit that I still haven't bothered to look up 'truculence'.

Old
11-05-2009, 02:41 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post
You mean like Komis Laffs ?

Old
11-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
I'm an English major and I must admit that I still haven't bothered to look up 'truculence'.
Except for testosterone, all the words pretty much mean the same thing.

Old
11-05-2009, 02:43 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
So, you're one of those guys that enjoys watching his team get pushed around. Cool, good to know. Guess what? This team isnt winning games without the toughness already, so adding some wont hurt it.
White and Pyatt have a different type of toughness that can be added over a Laraque or Stewart. It is called hard working, hard checking and a little of skill too...they will do well like Chipchura.

Old
11-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Lizard King*

Great GDT
Hopefully we can get a win and boost our confidence if Gionta doesn't play tonight.

Old
11-05-2009, 03:19 PM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Brutal 4th line! One floater, and two little dudes who may play with a little grit every now and then.

We're playing Boston, a normally pretty physical team..and we scratch one guy who can hold up against them in Stewart and we're already missing BGL. Moen cant do it all by himself, plus a big guy in Gill is out.

We're getting smaller and softer.

I thought Gainey wanted the Habs to have a little more overall toughness. This is disgusting.

White and Pyatt are gritty and heart players...And White is not small

Old
11-05-2009, 03:27 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by bougon88 View Post

Win!

Old
11-05-2009, 03:56 PM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post
Win!

FTW.....For the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
11-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Lizard King*

Quote:
Ok so the Maple Leafs have big forwards, big scary D and 1 win

We have small forwards and 7 wins.
Let the chemistry come together
get Markov back and we'll win more games

Old
11-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
This GDT image is excellent. Well done sir.

Old
11-05-2009, 04:02 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
i hope white and pyatt get 10 minutes or so.

i really love seeing new young players so i hope they do well! i was hoping maybe maxwell who i thought had a nice camp would be called up but i dont think he has been playing to well for the dogs.

sergei being called up would have been interesting. maybe give a boost to andrei.

no defensive breakdowns please..the bruins are not anything to be worried or scared of up front. they do play well defensively so they might just wait for us to make a mistake.

prediction: 3-1 mtl..price with an empty net goal

Old
11-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Bobby G

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
i hope white and pyatt get 10 minutes or so.

i really love seeing new young players so i hope they do well! i was hoping maybe maxwell who i thought had a nice camp would be called up but i dont think he has been playing to well for the dogs.

sergei being called up would have been interesting. maybe give a boost to andrei.

no defensive breakdowns please..the bruins are not anything to be worried or scared of up front. they do play well defensively so they might just wait for us to make a mistake.

prediction: 3-1 mtl..price with an empty net goal
If your prediction comes true...

Old
11-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Avim86

Even when we had a team that was first overall , when markov was down and out we sucked , so I don't see how a slightly better/younger team would still not have the same issues without their star/mvp defenseman. Habs win 6-2.

Old
11-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Go Habs Go.

Old
11-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Get your game face on Andrei.

Old
11-05-2009, 04:23 PM
ashtraygirl

Looking forward to seeing what Pyatt can bring.

Price has gotta bounce back and winning some games.. someone on l'antichambre last night mentioned that he's something like 8-26 since the allstar game last year. pretty scary stuff.

Old
11-05-2009, 04:28 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Go Habs Go.

LOL n 1

Old
11-05-2009, 04:28 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGG View Post
Montreal also isn't winning without sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads, so maybe we need to add some of that too?
I know you were being serious here but I lold at the image in my head of a shark flopping around on the ice firing lasers indiscriminately

Closed Thread