HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

11/05/09 Montreal @ Boston 7PM RDS/TSN/NESN

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-05-2009, 02:26 PM
  #126
CGG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: 416
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
So, you're one of those guys that enjoys watching his team get pushed around. Cool, good to know. Guess what? This team isnt winning games without the toughness already, so adding some wont hurt it.
Please point to who we're supposed to be afraid of and who will be doing the pushing around:

Quote:
Sturm-Bergeron-Recchi
Wheeler-Sobotka-Ryder
Paille-Bégin-Marchand
Lehtonen-Whitfield-Thornton
Montreal also isn't winning without sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads, so maybe we need to add some of that too?

CGG is offline  
Old
11-05-2009, 02:31 PM
  #127
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,935
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
Brutal 4th line! One floater, and two little dudes who may play with a little grit every now and then.

We're playing Boston, a normally pretty physical team..and we scratch one guy who can hold up against them in Stewart and we're already missing BGL. Moen cant do it all by himself, plus a big guy in Gill is out.

We're getting smaller and softer.

I thought Gainey wanted the Habs to have a little more overall toughness. This is disgusting.
So I take it you'll continue to be disgusted if we actually score more goals than them and win the game, I guess? That is the idea, after all.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
11-05-2009, 02:37 PM
  #128
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,545
vCash: 500
4th line will be killer!

la25ecoupe is offline  
Old
11-05-2009, 02:37 PM
  #129
Mynameismark*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
So I take it you'll continue to be disgusted if we actually score more goals than them and win the game, I guess? That is the idea, after all.
No, I'll be happy to win. But hoping that the grind of the season doesnt wear on the smaller skilled guys who now really have no protection at all. I'm just looking out for the Habs best interests, little buddy.

A 4th line should be a line that is able to set a tone, or perhaps shift some momentum our way...cause a stir, creat an impact and sometimes wreak havoc.

Akost may not be floating, but he's a human void of emotion. The other two do not really belong on a 4th line but since BGL is injured, I could at least acclimate one of them. Stewart should dress this game, let Pyatt or White also play tonight and keep one seated until saturday, where you can maybe play both. It just makes sense. You go up against the top rival of your franchise, you best be able to handle the heat.

Thornton, Begin, Chara, Bitz......Moen.

Mynameismark* is offline  
Old
11-05-2009, 02:39 PM
  #130
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
So I take it you'll continue to be disgusted if we actually score more goals than them and win the game, I guess? That is the idea, after all.
Who needs to win when you have pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence.

Em Ancien is offline  
Old
11-05-2009, 02:39 PM
  #131
Jedrik
Registered User
 
Jedrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Gio View Post
Yeah... BUT HE HAD 10 SHOTS!!!!!!!!!!!11!111!!!1!!!1!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMFG!!!1!

I enjoyed the hit on Kessel as much as anyone, but even I can admit that from what I saw in the highlights, outside of that one shift, he looked impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akost View Post
Can't lie, it was pretty awesome. I gotta say though, it feels weird sharing some hatred with Bruins' fans. Both our fanbases now hate Kessel and Komisarek. We could almost unite in Leafs' hatred, but that.....no. No alliance with Bruins' fans...never.

I'm hoping for a good game though, and no more injuries. It's gonna be ugly though. AHL match-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewins View Post
I like that. Yeah, it's gonna be an interesting one. Maybe gives us a glimpse of the future.
It is weird -- Montreal and Boston fans have loathed one another based on years of playoff rounds, and Montreal and Toronto fans based on being Canada's two Original Six teams and all the underlying cultural subplots, but Boston/TO has just never had that same flavour until (potentially) now. There's kind of this more interesting three-way, mutual-hatred dynamic now.

Jedrik is offline  
Old
11-05-2009, 02:40 PM
  #132
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
No, I'll be happy to win. But hoping that the grind of the season doesnt wear on the smaller skilled guys who now really have no protection at all. I'm just looking out for the Habs best interests, little buddy.

A 4th line should be a line that is able to set a tone, or perhaps shift some momentum our way...cause a stir, creat an impact and sometimes wreak havoc.

Akost may not be floating, but he's a human void of emotion. The other two do not really belong on a 4th line but since BGL is injured, I could at least acclimate one of them. Stewart should dress this game, let Pyatt or White also play tonight and keep one seated until saturday, where you can maybe play both. It just makes sense. You go up against the top rival of your franchise, you best be able to handle the heat.

Thornton, Begin, Chara, Bitz......Moen.
please and Blitz isnt even playing too bad tho

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
11-05-2009, 02:40 PM
  #133
Jedrik
Registered User
 
Jedrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post
Who needs to win when you have pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence.
I'm an English major and I must admit that I still haven't bothered to look up 'truculence'.

Jedrik is offline  
Old
11-05-2009, 02:41 PM
  #134
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post
Who needs to win when you have pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence.
You mean like Komis Laffs ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
11-05-2009, 02:42 PM
  #135
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
I'm an English major and I must admit that I still haven't bothered to look up 'truculence'.
Except for testosterone, all the words pretty much mean the same thing.

Em Ancien is offline  
Old
11-05-2009, 02:43 PM
  #136
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
So, you're one of those guys that enjoys watching his team get pushed around. Cool, good to know. Guess what? This team isnt winning games without the toughness already, so adding some wont hurt it.
White and Pyatt have a different type of toughness that can be added over a Laraque or Stewart. It is called hard working, hard checking and a little of skill too...they will do well like Chipchura.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
11-05-2009, 03:14 PM
  #137
Lizard King*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,260
vCash: 500
Great GDT
Hopefully we can get a win and boost our confidence if Gionta doesn't play tonight.

Lizard King* is offline  
Old
11-05-2009, 03:19 PM
  #138
peperebougon*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
Brutal 4th line! One floater, and two little dudes who may play with a little grit every now and then.

We're playing Boston, a normally pretty physical team..and we scratch one guy who can hold up against them in Stewart and we're already missing BGL. Moen cant do it all by himself, plus a big guy in Gill is out.

We're getting smaller and softer.

I thought Gainey wanted the Habs to have a little more overall toughness. This is disgusting.




White and Pyatt are gritty and heart players...And White is not small

peperebougon* is offline  
Old
11-05-2009, 03:27 PM
  #139
HankyZetts
Twi2ted
 
HankyZetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bougon88 View Post

Win!


HankyZetts is offline  
Old
11-05-2009, 03:56 PM
  #140
peperebougon*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post
Win!

FTW.....For the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


peperebougon* is offline  
Old
11-05-2009, 03:57 PM
  #141
Lizard King*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
So, you're one of those guys that enjoys watching his team get pushed around. Cool, good to know. Guess what? This team isnt winning games without the toughness already, so adding some wont hurt it.
Ok so the Maple Leafs have big forwards, big scary D and 1 win

We have small forwards and 7 wins.
Let the chemistry come together
get Markov back and we'll win more games

Lizard King* is offline  
Old
11-05-2009, 03:59 PM
  #142
Ollie Williams
Registered User
 
Ollie Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,915
vCash: 167
This GDT image is excellent. Well done sir.

Ollie Williams is offline  
Old
11-05-2009, 04:02 PM
  #143
holyhabs87
Registered User
 
holyhabs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,799
vCash: 2009
i hope white and pyatt get 10 minutes or so.

i really love seeing new young players so i hope they do well! i was hoping maybe maxwell who i thought had a nice camp would be called up but i dont think he has been playing to well for the dogs.

sergei being called up would have been interesting. maybe give a boost to andrei.

no defensive breakdowns please..the bruins are not anything to be worried or scared of up front. they do play well defensively so they might just wait for us to make a mistake.

prediction: 3-1 mtl..price with an empty net goal

holyhabs87 is offline  
Old
11-05-2009, 04:07 PM
  #144
Bobby G
Registered User
 
Bobby G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
i hope white and pyatt get 10 minutes or so.

i really love seeing new young players so i hope they do well! i was hoping maybe maxwell who i thought had a nice camp would be called up but i dont think he has been playing to well for the dogs.

sergei being called up would have been interesting. maybe give a boost to andrei.

no defensive breakdowns please..the bruins are not anything to be worried or scared of up front. they do play well defensively so they might just wait for us to make a mistake.

prediction: 3-1 mtl..price with an empty net goal
If your prediction comes true...

Bobby G is online now  
Old
11-05-2009, 04:10 PM
  #145
Avim86
Registered User
 
Avim86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal , Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,508
vCash: 500
Even when we had a team that was first overall , when markov was down and out we sucked , so I don't see how a slightly better/younger team would still not have the same issues without their star/mvp defenseman. Habs win 6-2.

Avim86 is offline  
Old
11-05-2009, 04:13 PM
  #146
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,048
vCash: 50
Go Habs Go.


Watsatheo is offline  
Old
11-05-2009, 04:20 PM
  #147
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,404
vCash: 500


Get your game face on Andrei.

Beaker is offline  
Old
11-05-2009, 04:23 PM
  #148
ashtraygirl
Registered User
 
ashtraygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toulouse, France
Country: Scotland
Posts: 326
vCash: 500
Looking forward to seeing what Pyatt can bring.

Price has gotta bounce back and winning some games.. someone on l'antichambre last night mentioned that he's something like 8-26 since the allstar game last year. pretty scary stuff.

ashtraygirl is offline  
Old
11-05-2009, 04:28 PM
  #149
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Go Habs Go.

LOL n 1

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
11-05-2009, 04:28 PM
  #150
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio
 
subbanged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 4,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGG View Post
Montreal also isn't winning without sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads, so maybe we need to add some of that too?
I know you were being serious here but I lold at the image in my head of a shark flopping around on the ice firing lasers indiscriminately

subbanged is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.