HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's worse?

Old
11-22-2009, 11:34 AM
coolbean04

vCash: 500
What's worse?

Us now currently out of a playoff spot (currently 9th).

or

Last 8 games we're 3-5-0 and Toronto is 3-4-1.

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbean04 View Post
Us now currently out of a playoff spot (currently 9th).

or

Last 10 we are 3-7-0 and Toronto is 3-4-3 so same record they just got 3 more points than us lol.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 11:44 AM
coolbean04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure By Design View Post
Last 10 we are 3-7-0 and Toronto is 3-4-3 so same record they just got 3 more points than us lol.
Yea yours definitely makes it look worse haha.

Old
11-22-2009, 12:01 PM
trilobyte

What's really worse is the difference in effort that Toronto team gives almost every night, compared to what has been on display lately by the Rangers.

The points, all hard-earned, come with the effort. The rag-tag Leafs, in a true rebuilding phase and making lots of mistakes, are working hard. Contrary to many, I think it is an effort thing, even though there are personnel issues.

The point difference you mention between the two teams over the last 10 games is not surprising, not a bit.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:49 PM
beastly115

I'm gonna go ahead and say it, I think this team needs to be sellers at the deadline.

We're a bubble playoff team, if that.

Prospal could fetch us a 1st but I don't know if we'd want to trade away Gabby's only talented linemate.

Higgins might get us a 3rd. Lisin a 5th.

Dubinsky and Callahan can be shipped for the right price.

The only untouchables IMO are Gabs, Lundy, MDZ, Gilroy, Staal, Anisimov, and Grachev. Ship out the rest of these losers, get us a decent draft position and re-tool for next year. Even if we do make the PO's, we'll be swept. Not worth it. The team just isn't very good as constructed.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:13 PM
coolbean04

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
I'm gonna go ahead and say it, I think this team needs to be sellers at the deadline.

Prospal could fetch us a 1st but I don't know if we'd want to trade away Gabby's only talented linemate.

The only untouchables IMO are Gabs, Lundy, MDZ, Gilroy, Staal, Anisimov, and Grachev. Ship out the rest of these losers, get us a decent draft position and re-tool for next year. Even if we do make the PO's, we'll be swept. Not worth it. The team just isn't very good as constructed.
Dubi and Cally aren't the problem. The problem with them is that they're great role players that championship teams need. The thing is that they shouldn't be counted as offensive forces.

If anything, this season should be focused on getting rid of bad contracts. If we finish the season as a bottom 10 team, Drury might wave his no trade to a select few of teams for example Colorado. We NEED to get rid of Rozi and Redden. With another year gone, I think we can trade Rozi who 4M and 3M the next 2 years so 3.5M average for a team salary wise. Redden is owed 6.5M, 6.5M, 5M, and 5M which is 5.75M and that becomes more manageable to trade. Maybe a team that wants to hit the floor salary cap wise would want these guys.

Old
11-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post

Prospal isn't worth a 1st round pick.

Anisimov untouchable? Yet Dubinsky, Callahan, and lisin should be moved?

If we're really going to commit to a full-rebuild, then you full out and trade Lundqvist and Gaborik.

I don't disagree with what you're saying Alpha, I just don't completely agree with everything.

We're a team that has a whole bunch of nickels, and only like, 2 quarters. I think it's time Sather gets creative and brings in some legitimate scoring talent.

I wonder what this team would have looked like if a guy like Heatley was brought in. I don't think he would remedy everything, but it wouldn't have to be the Gaborik or Lundqvist show every night in order for us to win.

It's too early to really decide what this team needs, other than more talent/scoring.

We can't play shutdown defense. We get outplayed by lesser teams. We're softer than wet toilet paper.

Until this team addresses those issues, we don't really know how good the product we have is. And that's Torts department right there. He needs to grab this team from the horns, and remedy things.

We're playing like absolute crap right now, and we're still staying in games. Our top-2 centers are out, and we're being exposed.

We have too much bottom-line garbage which ultimately, isn't contributing offensively, defensively, nor physically.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:27 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sellers? It's November 22.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:35 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Toronto's been on fire since Phil Kessel's been back. They aren't a bad team on paper IMO, it's all about putting it together and finding consistent goaltending.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

And as much as I despise the contracts that Rozy/Redden/Drury have, it's not them either.

This team, does not play like a team.

A few season's ago, scrubs like Orty, Rucchin, Hossa, Moore, Malik and so on we're capable of outcompeting their opposition, while Lundqvist+Jagr carried them on their backs.

This is a much more talented team on paper, but there seems to be no comradery. I'm not just talking about the lack of retaliation when it matters, like the Drury blindside.

I know there are a lot of new faces here, but I wonder if these guys are enjoying their job here in NY. I wonder if Torts has implemented a Willy Randolph type of approach to coaching. All business, no pleasure.

Who's the funny guy in this locker room? Who gets guys to relax a bit, and lighten up? As stupid as it sounds, I think guys like Hollweg+Shanahan would really help out what goes on behind closed doors.

Old
11-22-2009, 01:41 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Toronto's been on fire since Phil Kessel's been back. They aren't a bad team on paper IMO, it's all about putting it together and finding consistent goaltending.
You call 3-4-2 on being on fire. Burke is on the verge on blowing up that team if he can find a trading partner.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
You call 3-4-2 on being on fire. Burke is on the verge on blowing up that team if he can find a trading partner.
Wasn't it already blown-up?

Old
11-22-2009, 01:53 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbean04 View Post

The answer is that Toronto's record is worse because they've already traded their first draft choice. At least we still have ours.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 03:32 PM
trilobyte

Right or wrong, Burke decided that Kessel was worth the loss of the picks. If the picks handed to Boston don't look like anything in 4 years, Burke will look smart.
Or, as many say, he is an idiot and will be run out of town.

I am not so interested in that side of things, it's a different argument. What is tough to watch is the lack of cohesion and effort from the players that are out there. They can play much better, they have to play much better.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote