HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

24th Obsequious Banter Thread: Tribute to Slammin' Sami Kapanen

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
I need to air a pet peeve. What the hell is with people who encroach on your space in a lineup? I was standing in line at Tim Horton's at lunchtime, and a man was *thisclose* to my back. I could feel his jacket on my back. And then he proceeded to clear his throat/suppress a cough a few times. Creeped the hell out of me.
Sometimes my profession makes me have a COMPLETELY different perception of what a phrase means...LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
I can one-up that about a month ago. I past by a McDonald's that had a free coffee promo. I noticed a mother with a child and a stroller. I held the door open for her. She thanked me. She got behind me in line. In front of me was a lady at least a foot shorter than me. She saw the mother and said "Oh, no need for you to wait, get in behind me." The mother said "Well, that wouldn't be fair to him and he held open a door for me." The woman in front said "Don't worry about him. Free coffee brings them all out." The mom went ahead, so did Miss Shorty. About a minute later my 12 1/2 size foot accidentally bumped into her.
I would have said, "If by "them" you mean slightly off-balanced persons with violent tendencies when suffering from caffeine withdrawal...then yes you are correct".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
Watching this on CNN.... very sad. I can see "one" guy flipping out...but they have 1 dead and 2 others in custody.........curious to see what the motive was.

Irish..you're story about the rude lady asking the guy a question with headphones in reminded me of a story.

Shortly after I started, I was working the midnight shift on a decent college party night. We normally would have several hundred people walking all around town, to and from parties....so it was pretty busy...and sometimes our patience gets worn (some guys more than others). One of my coworkers sees a guy and girl arguing on the sidewalk and stops to make sure everything was okay. They both say they were fine, but the officer looks at the male, who is rolling his eyes at him. The officer says, "Look, don't roll your eyes at me. I'm just doing my job".... the girl steps in and says, "Officer, he's not rolling his eyes at you...he's blind".

LMAO

Old
11-05-2009, 04:58 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Irish..you're story about the rude lady asking the guy a question with headphones in reminded me of a story.

Shortly after I started, I was working the midnight shift on a decent college party night. We normally would have several hundred people walking all around town, to and from parties....so it was pretty busy...and sometimes our patience gets worn (some guys more than others). One of my coworkers sees a guy and girl arguing on the sidewalk and stops to make sure everything was okay. They both say they were fine, but the officer looks at the male, who is rolling his eyes at him. The officer says, "Look, don't roll your eyes at me. I'm just doing my job".... the girl steps in and says, "Officer, he's not rolling his eyes at you...he's blind".

LMAO
I know right! I mean, people just don't care. It's every man (or woman) for themselves, then **** everyone else. It really doesn't surprise me at all that so many people get divorced. It's me me me me me all the time, so why not just throw in the towel?

I really don't get people sometimes.

Old
11-05-2009, 04:59 PM
TheSkatingDutchman

Quote:

LMAO
I got involved one way or another in a 50 person fight on Halloween. It's pure chaos and I don't see a cop anywhere for the full thirty minute brawl. We leave and go back to the designated driver's car and, under the windshield wiper, is a parking ticket. I'm damned sure somebody is ****ing with me at this point.

Old
11-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkatingDutchman View Post
I got involved one way or another in a 50 person fight on Halloween. It's pure chaos and I don't see a cop anywhere for the full thirty minute brawl. We leave and go back to the designated driver's car and, under the windshield wiper, is a parking ticket. I'm damned sure somebody is ****ing with me at this point.

What's funny, is nights like that for us...we get residents calling us at at 2-3 in the morning complaining that we HAVEN'T ticketed cars...and we're like..."We're a little busy"!

Old
11-05-2009, 05:09 PM
TheSkatingDutchman

Quote:

What's funny, is nights like that for us...we get residents calling us at at 2-3 in the morning complaining that we HAVEN'T ticketed cars...and we're like..."We're a little busy"!
I punched a man dressed like a baby, kicked another dressed in drag (I hope) and got bit by somebody dressed like Ricky Bobby. It was like the worst acid trip ever. Add in that it was in the frozen tundra we like to call Albany and that I was dressed like Hulk Hogan and you get a terrible yet awesome night.

Old
11-05-2009, 05:16 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I'm sure Jules/CHarlie will appreciate this anti -person situation:

Don't you hate ******* guys who dump their girlfriends, then go around slamming random girls here and everywhere, and then when the heart broken girl finally starts to move on and finds a new boyfriend/interest the flip out at her? It's one of my biggest beefs with people lately.

Old
11-05-2009, 05:20 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post

Don't you hate ******* guys who dump their girlfriends, then go around slamming random girls here and everywhere, and then when the heart broken girl finally starts to move on and finds a new boyfriend/interest the flip out at her? It's one of my biggest beefs with people lately.
Is this a specific situation? or something that's happened to you a bunch?

Old
11-05-2009, 05:22 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
Is this a specific situation? or something that's happened to you a bunch?
Well I am a dude so it doesn't happen to me, but I've seen this happen twice lately within my friends. So many guys think girl's emotions are their personal yo-yos, and these guys never think they have done anything wrong

Old
11-05-2009, 05:24 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Well I am a dude so it doesn't happen to me,
Yea, that's what I meant.

Quote:
but I've seen this happen twice lately within my friends. So many guys think girl's emotions are their personal yo-yos
That seemed oddly specific, sucks that it's happened twice like that.

Old
11-05-2009, 05:27 PM
HoverCarle*

Yeah and it sucks because my friends are the idiots, but you can't call them out because the will get to irrational

Old
11-05-2009, 05:27 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
I've seen the kind of reverse of that. Girl wants to take a break, be single for a while and see other people to "find out what I want." After a month guy provides ultimatum to get back with him or don't talk to him ever again. Girl obliges, unhappily. And complains to me about it.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
11-05-2009, 05:58 PM
orange and black48
BUTTHEAD!

Quote:
So many guys think girl's emotions are their personal yo-yos, and these guys never think they have done anything wrong
AMEN.
The current girl I am kinda seeing, her ex is a ****tard and he just wont go away, and when she's upset she comes to me. He is the monkey wrench in what we could be.

Old
11-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange and black48 View Post
AMEN.
The current girl I am kinda seeing, her ex is a ****tard and he just wont go away, and when she's upset she comes to me. He is the monkey wrench in what we could be.
Ah, yeah, you need to lay down an ultimatum on that ****.

Old
11-05-2009, 06:02 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange and black48 View Post
AMEN.
I went through that, and fairly quickly realized that i was going to end up in the middle of something I didn't want to be in.

Then she moved in with a guy who turned out was leading a double-life and she got stuck footing the apartment. Good laugh I had that day.

Old
11-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Opus
Boondoggle

vCash: 875
Quote:
Well I am a dude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
My beard puts all other beards on here to shame.
...well?

Old
11-05-2009, 06:10 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
^ That was ****ing incredible

Old
11-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Opus
Boondoggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
^ That was ****ing incredible
I think Hover should change his username to 'The Dude'.

Old
11-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkatingDutchman View Post
I punched a man dressed like a baby, kicked another dressed in drag (I hope) and got bit by somebody dressed like Ricky Bobby. It was like the worst acid trip ever. Add in that it was in the frozen tundra we like to call Albany and that I was dressed like Hulk Hogan and you get a terrible yet awesome night.
Gotta love college!

Quote:

I also actually see the reverse a lot. Not so much of the girls flipping out on the exes...but getting all obsessed at who he's dating and in some cases, harassing the new g/f. Either way, it's really ****** and waaaaaaaaaaaaay immature.

Old
11-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

BTW...watching that clip reminds me... I love Sam Elliot.

Old
11-05-2009, 06:41 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Sam Elliot is ****ing awesome

Old
11-05-2009, 06:45 PM
HoverCarle*

I need to re watch that movie. Will I need to remember the movie to get the clip?

Old
11-05-2009, 07:07 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

I'm getting pop-ups of ads, of the same exact dimensions of window. All of a sudden. I use Firefox, but when I go to task manager it shows up at IE. I know there was some spiel about IE going around. Anyone?

Old
11-05-2009, 07:14 PM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Quote:
Sometimes my profession makes me have a COMPLETELY different perception of what a phrase means...LOL.
LOL - Hadn't thought of it that way Jules!

Quote:
I also actually see the reverse a lot. Not so much of the girls flipping out on the exes...but getting all obsessed at who he's dating and in some cases, harassing the new g/f. Either way, it's really ****** and waaaaaaaaaaaaay immature.
This is what I've seen more often. Girl breaks up with guy, guy starts seeing someone new, guys' new girlfriend is the villain according to girl #1. I wish I knew why that happens, because it's really ****ed up.

Old
11-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

what the hell?

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
11-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Opus
Boondoggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I'm getting pop-ups of ads, of the same exact dimensions of window. All of a sudden. I use Firefox, but when I go to task manager it shows up at IE. I know there was some spiel about IE going around. Anyone?
This type of activity is common when surfing naughty sites.

(not that I'd know, of course)

Closed Thread