HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues philosophy this year

Old
11-05-2009, 03:08 PM
fan in oregon

vCash: 500
Blues philosophy this year

I think the Blues philosophy this will suprise some fans. Even though they made the playoffs last year, I think the philosophy of the team this year is to develop the young talent.First they gave Pie some constant playing time and now they will do the same for Eller.I think they have come to the conclusion that the expectations of the team have been set too high. So they will try to squeeze in the playoffs like last year but do it with the youngsters instead of journeymen.GO BLUES

fan in oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Blues0307

The Eller callup is for emergency purposes since McDonald went down. Having said that, I believe it was the casual fans who jumped on the bandwagon at the end of last year and the local media that set expectations too high. People who follow the team regularly looked at the Blues as a 6 to 8 seed going into the season and Blues management is obviously knowledgeable enough to not jump the gun either.

In regards to developing the young guys, management has said time and again that they are going to develop prospects the correct way and not bring players up too quickly. Since they've accumulated so many talented players, they'll be able to concentrate more on development while also icing a hell of a hockey team. So I don't think there's been a change in philosophy honestly.

Blues0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 07:46 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan in oregon View Post
I think the Blues philosophy this will suprise some fans. Even though they made the playoffs last year, I think the philosophy of the team this year is to develop the young talent.First they gave Pie some constant playing time and now they will do the same for Eller.I think they have come to the conclusion that the expectations of the team have been set too high. So they will try to squeeze in the playoffs like last year but do it with the youngsters instead of journeymen.GO BLUES
This is, by far, the most intelligent post you've made 'f.i.o.'. I agree, almost completely, with you. We, as fans, have got to expect, at least, some dip in performance from last season because of the youth.

Good post oregon.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote