HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 2-1 in SO - Price Razor Sharp! :)

Old
11-06-2009, 09:43 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
You can see my other post right above,Crosby did already fight Ference!!!
I remember the fight with Skidney and Ference...

My intent was just to point out that it's funny that even Skidney would go with Ference but Max wouldn't. What's Max too important to the team but Skidney is just a role player. Max must have been worried that the tide could have turned by all the energy created in such an epic struggle between such colossal titans.

Max represents the logo on the sweater and he should stand up for the jersey (against the B's no less) rather than save his own skin. Take one for the team all that jazz.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Capitano

I remember when Laps fought against the Bruins last year and his fight was the turnaround for the Bruins in that game and we lost.

Why would Laps fight in a game we were winning, on the road, with us up 1-0?!?! Come on guys...

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koivu_habs#1 View Post
Why shoot he fight? His not a fighter, his an agitator/ ***** distruber. Frenence would of broken him in half yesterday. When Laraque wants to fight, nobody wants to join him, so why sould Lapierre dance with them?

Example, Neil and Ruttuu do they always fight? No as they are not fighters but distrubers, and they do their job great! Just like Laps! Don't change Laps, your're doing great, well to an extent.
The reason he should occassional drop his gloves is this: when you only aggitate and never back up your words, all you end up doing is getting the other team excited. They are not just excited to kill Lapierre, but anyone wearing the same coloured jeresy.

So, if Laps does this... it raises the anger in the game, and let's say a skill player ... ex: Cammalleri is carrying the puck... an enraged opponent just sees the jersey decides to take whoever is wearing that jerey's head off.

That is what happens in hockey.

There is a huge difference between an aggitator and a tough guy. The tough guy in the team is called the police man... he calms those feelings down in the other player and let's his skill players play. An aggitator that never drops his gloves never gives the other team a release for that anger... and that blows up on other players who are more valuable than the aggitator.

If people do not understand that... they simply have not played hockey at a competitive level, and if they did, they were not a good team mate.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 09:54 AM
la25ecoupe

I dont' know guys, but if you watch the game again, towards the end, (2 minutes left?) Price made a center ice pass that got intercepted by teh Bruins, and from there, it just gave Bruins momentum and they managed to score.

I think he usually give the puck to the opponent and i hope Groulx will train him on this.

Aside from that, he was amazing.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
I dont' know guys, but if you watch the game again, towards the end, (2 minutes left?) Price made a center ice pass that got intercepted by teh Bruins, and from there, it just gave Bruins momentum and they managed to score.

I think he usually give the puck to the opponent and i hope Groulx will train him on this.

The thing is, that happens to every goalie who likes to play the puck. Marty Turco is probably the best puck-handling goalie in the league, but you see him fumble pucks and make bad passes sometimes. Same with Marty Brodeur and Rick DiPietro. You just gotta live with it.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 10:03 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:

So it is Price's fault we won ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
I remember when Laps fought against the Bruins last year and his fight was the turnaround for the Bruins in that game and we lost.

Why would Laps fight in a game we were winning, on the road, with us up 1-0?!?! Come on guys...
I see your point Cap, but Laps would have turned down the opportunity if we were up 6-0 or down 6-0. This is what I think pisses off some people. He starts all these fights, than stands back with a big stupid grin on his face. While his team mates come to his rescue.

People can love or hate McGuire, but I totally agree with his opinion on Laps. He's gonna get his clock cleaned one of these days.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
So it is Price's fault we won ?
Yep, I'd say Price's pretty much to blame for the win. He's definitely the one who got us in that predicament.

Old
11-06-2009, 10:06 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Price was amazing. Personally I thought Gomez was godly bringing the puck up the ice. It really is a tremendous skill, and he does it better than anybody...

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I see your point Cap, but Laps would have turned down the opportunity if we were up 6-0 or down 6-0. This is what I think pisses off some people. He starts all these fights, than stands back with a big stupid grin on his face. While his team mates come to his rescue.

People can love or hate McGuire, but I totally agree with his opinion on Laps. He's gonna get his clock cleaned one of these days.
This. He'll run into somebody who won't go Laraque on him and wait until he wants to fight. Deservedly so.

Old
11-06-2009, 10:11 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akost View Post
This. He'll run into somebody who won't go Laraque on him and wait until he wants to fight. Deservedly so.
Cool then we will be on the PP for at least 4 min. WTG Lappy !!

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 10:12 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

If his teammates are coming to his defense then they can't have that big a problem with what Lapierre's doing, can they? Otherwise I'd think they'd just leave him to fend for himself.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Well I might be in the minority but Lapierre does have a big mouth and he should drop the gloves once in a while even for his own teammates who always have to back him up on the ice.Let's be honest it's not Chara that went after him,it was Ference I don't think it would have been that bad,he should have dropped them cause he looked real bad during that play
When MA Bergeron was nailed by Colby Armstrong in MAB's first game, Lapierre instantly dropped his gloves and went at Armstrong. Lapierre does stick up for teammates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQwqhNVpXpA

Joe Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 10:19 AM
totalrecall

Quote:

I agree with you. When he made that pass, i was shouting

" You F'in idiot "

But he had a perfect night other than that

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
If his teammates are coming to his defense then they can't have that big a problem with what Lapierre's doing, can they? Otherwise I'd think they'd just leave him to fend for himself.
Well 90% of the time it's Latendresse who will come to his rescue,funny thing but even when we traded for Gomez the 1st thing he said was he couldn't stand him,anyways eventually someone will punch him,fight or no fight

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Agitators agitate, their value is raising the temperature of certain players to the point of drawing a penalty from them

If done at the right time a fight can raise the energy level of a team , provided the fighter shows they in some way inflicted damage on their opponent.

Lapierre is not a fighter, asking him to suddenly do something he is not good at is not smart, and only hurts the team. Regardless of what Pierre effing Mcguire says or thinks.

Now, having said that Lapierre should park the dumb grin and play harder. Hard work and a little trash talk can get the penalty calls, being a toothy **** disturber only turns the officiating off.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Yes you are, you used to put the hate on Price in here, i remember you and that poster called Cristbal Huet and Earl The ( supposed ) Habs Fan that used to whine about how good Huet was and that he should be our #1, and Price isn't anything special. Would you like me to go dig some of this up ?
Go for it. I encourage you to cherry pick all the posts you want. Huet played really well for us and wouldn't have been displaced by a rookie based on reputation alone if Halak wasn't also in the system. Go ahead and call it hate, but I don't think avoiding hyped up circle jerks, or labeling them for what they are, is a bad thing. Call me boring, uptight, crazy, or whatever.

Ohashi_Jouzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 10:27 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone View Post
When MA Bergeron was nailed by Colby Armstrong in MAB's first game, Lapierre instantly dropped his gloves and went at Armstrong. Lapierre does stick up for teammates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQwqhNVpXpA
exactly. Mcguire is a moron. Lapierre plays his role to perfection. There was nothing to be gained by him dropping them with Ferrence.

Old
11-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Eventually don't you think they are going to get tired of it?

I'm not saying he should fight every time he's asked. I think he should pick his spots and get into it once in awhile.

Old
11-06-2009, 10:32 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:

I'm not saying he should fight every time he's asked. I think he should pick his spots and get into it once in awhile.
he already does this.

Old
11-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
he already does this.
What ****ing games are you watching? He doesn't do this and is quickly gaining a reputation through out the league for not doing it. **** uninformed posters piss me off.

Old
11-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Leo Getz

Quote:

I'd say that with just over a minute left when we got the intentional offside and had to start playing in our own zone for the rest of the game, was more of a momentum shifter.

Leo Getz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 10:45 AM
TroyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Getz View Post
I'd say that with just over a minute left when we got the intentional offside and had to start playing in our own zone for the rest of the game, was more of a momentum shifter.
Yeah of course it was. It gave the perfect opportunity to pull Thomas, get everyone one the ice and get ready to rock for the B's.

As frustrating as it was I can only agree with the call though. I get the strong sense Gio knew exactly what he was doing. He knew someone (gomez?) was in the zone and took a second of hesitation than placed his stick kinda awkwardly on to the puck just to get the whistle instead of letting the B's get possession.

I was really pissed when they called it but I think it was definitely deserved. And we won anyway so I can't complain too much. Would have loved to see Carey get a shutout though.

TroyM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 10:47 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

Well he did have four fights last year and could have had one this year (that dust-up with Armstrong). Two other superpests, Ruutu and Avery, had 4 and 5 fights respectively last year. He's really not any worse or more "cowardly" than similar players around the league.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Well he did have four fights last year and could have had one this year (that dust-up with Armstrong). Two other superpests, Ruutu and Avery, had 4 and 5 fights respectively last year. He's really not any worse or more "cowardly" than similar players around the league.
I don't think he's a coward. He's actually a pretty tough kid who has shown that he'll stand up for his team mates. His fight after MAB was hit is a very good example. It wasn't a great fight, but atleast he answered the call.

The point I'm making is when he starts the fight, that is when you'll see him skate away and let his team mates fight his battles. I would just like to see him answer the bell once in awhile, that's all.