HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Poll: Retribution

View Poll Results: What form will the retribution against Ribeiro take?
Nothing - Ribeiro was really hurt, and I'm just glad he's okay and able to smile! 13 10.57%
Instigate a fight - Game 4 - Make him pay, right away. 0 0%
Instigate a fight - Game 5 - Make him pay, in front of Boston fans (bigger boost?) 3 2.44%
Cheap hit - if he wants to pretend to be hurt, maybe he ought to hurt for real. 9 7.32%
Persistent hits - every time he touches the puck, he feels it HARD for the rest of the series. 50 40.65%
Pay him back on the scoreboard - the best way to make him hurt is to send him to the golf course ASAP. 48 39.02%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2004, 05:15 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
I voted for cheap hit also, and its times like this that someone like McLaren would come in handy. Although I will settle for an open ice train wreck by Boynton, or maybe LaPointe. I thought I saw an instant replay of the Mac hit on Zednik last night in the 1st. I thought it was Boynton, and at the time it looked exactly like the McLaren hit without the end result. They didn't show a replay however so I'm not sure if it was that close or not, but it appeared to be at the time. Boynton has it in him, so Mikey had better keep his head up when Nick's on the ice.

Maybe Joe could suck it up for one shift and catch Ribeiro when he isn't expecting it. If Joe could do something, anything, early in game 4 it would be such a boost. Flattening Ribeiro on his 1st shift would be a fine start.

Someone will catch up to this little greaser before the series is over, that much I'd put money on.
Little greaser? Is that a jab at his ethnic heritage?

Old
04-12-2004, 05:15 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13
I think you guys are crazy. We can't risk getting called for it, and why bother being bulletin board material for those guys either? Play the game right, win the game, and have a fourth liner spear him in the groin next season. Plain and simple.
How about not risking at all. If B's won't do anything it will stay in history as circus act but if they do something dirty MTL media and other sources will make sure hit and attention will be switched on the "dirty" Bruins. B's needed momentum, they got it no need to lose it again.

Physicall pain is nothing in comparisson to moral pain.

Old
04-12-2004, 05:17 PM
supernova

Quote:
I think you guys are crazy. We can't risk getting called for it, and why bother being bulletin board material for those guys either? Play the game right, win the game, and have a fourth liner spear him in the groin next season. Plain and simple.
Don't take it so serious. they don't have to pull a Bertuzzi or McSorely, but are you saying you wouldn't somewhat enjoy watching Green knock him into next week with an elbow that, " might of been a little high."

Old
04-12-2004, 05:18 PM
supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
Little greaser? Is that a jab at his ethnic heritage?
I wasn't aware of his ethnic heritage, but he still looks greasy to me.

Old
04-12-2004, 05:21 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
I wasn't aware of his ethnic heritage, but he still looks greasy to me.
Portuguese, like me and half of Gee Wally (the better half ). Greaser is a derogatory term used at times for latino males.

Old
04-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Bruinster*

Send a message via ICQ to Bruinster*
I'll like some good hit on Ribiero, and i hope someone hit Murray too, he need someone ring his bell.

Old
04-12-2004, 05:48 PM
scotiahockey

Send a message via AIM to scotiahockey Send a message via MSN to scotiahockey Send a message via Yahoo to scotiahockey Send a message via Skype™ to scotiahockey
Quote:
For what it's worth, I read that Ribeiro has been diagnosed with a pinched nerve and missed practice today. I just don't see Gainey and Julien being the types of guys that would let Ribeiro miss a practice unless he was actually injured.

i disagree entirely... in fact i wouldnt be surprised if he was told to stay home... if i was involved in the habs organization i would have been embarrased with the attention he added to the legacy.

A few years (decades) ago crowder pulled a turtle-show when he ws challenged to fight and i was appauled by his action, or lack there off.. it was a disgrace, and this in my mind is even worse.

Old
04-12-2004, 05:53 PM
Bruin_Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotiahockey
i disagree entirely... in fact i wouldnt be surprised if he was told to stay home... if i was involved in the habs organization i would have been embarrased with the attention he added to the legacy.

A few years (decades) ago crowder pulled a turtle-show when he ws challenged to fight and i was appauled by his action, or lack there off.. it was a disgrace, and this in my mind is even worse.
I agree. I would have told him "Don't you dare show your face at the rink today, you gutless punk!"

How can anyone do that in the NHL? and in a PLAYOFF game? What the hay?

Anyhow, well all saw the looks Marty was giving him while he was yapping off like the kitty he is

Old
bp13

Quote:
Don't take it so serious. they don't have to pull a Bertuzzi or McSorely, but are you saying you wouldn't somewhat enjoy watching Green knock him into next week with an elbow that, " might of been a little high."
I don't think I'm taking it serious at all when I say spear him in the groin. It happens all the time...I'm simply advocating a little spear in the boys, or a slash on the ankle or something similarly easy to get away with. I'd even be happy with the suggestion of simply looking to give him any clean hit possible next season.

What I'm dead set against is chasing him tomorrow night and hitting him with ANYTHING that can be misconstrued by the refs as dirty, or "hammed up" by Ribero. We all know he's going to be diving like Luganis tomorrow night every time someone comes near...tomorrow night we need to stay away from him.

Old
EspOrrsito
edumacated

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotiahockey

Old
04-12-2004, 05:57 PM
supernova

Quote:
I don't think I'm taking it serious at all when I say spear him in the groin. It happens all the time...I'm simply advocating a little spear in the boys, or a slash on the ankle or something similarly easy to get away with. I'd even be happy with the suggestion of simply looking to give him any clean hit possible next season.

What I'm dead set against is chasing him tomorrow night and hitting him with ANYTHING that can be misconstrued by the refs as dirty, or "hammed up" by Ribero. We all know he's going to be diving like Luganis tomorrow night every time someone comes near...tomorrow night we need to stay away from him.
Hopefully the refs will look the other way when mike takes a two hander or when someone takes an extra stride or two when they run at him. I doubt the refs enjoyed being shown up when they got a chance to see the replay.

Old
04-12-2004, 06:04 PM
lostboy_77

Quote:
For what it's worth, I read that Ribeiro has been diagnosed with a pinched nerve and missed practice today. I just don't see Gainey and Julien being the types of guys that would let Ribeiro miss a practice unless he was actually injured.
I bet you they would let him miss practice if it meant they didn't get league inquiry into his actions and a possible suspension. ribeiro is an important part of the club....

Old
04-12-2004, 06:59 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Hit him every time he touches the puck. Hard. No cheap shots. Just hard clean body checks. This will have a two fold effect: retribution for his disgraceful performance AND keep him out of the flow of the game.

Old
04-12-2004, 07:05 PM
Tuggy

If this distracts the Bruins away from their gameplan at all then I guess Ribeiro would have accomplished something. Honestly I don't think the Bruins need to worry about Ribeiro but worry more about there own game. They wouldn't want to stray from their system to beat up on some little punk.

Old
04-12-2004, 07:10 PM
BINGO

I was brought up to believe that hockey players are warriors, playing with pain.
WhatRibsdid was not only disgracefull, but tells teh little kids watching that it's okay to be a meathead, fake an injury, and THEN talk smack to the other bench.
If there was NO INSTIGATOR PENALTY, it would be much easier for Nicky or Martin to get some sort of retrobution.

I am sickened by the cowards actions. BE A FRIGGIN MAN.

EDIT: I voted for the scoreboard option. works best in my book.

Old
04-12-2004, 07:15 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BINGO
I was brought up to believe that hockey players are warriors, playing with pain.
WhatRibsdid was not only disgracefull, but tells teh little kids watching that it's okay to be a meathead, fake an injury, and THEN talk smack to the other bench.
If there was NO INSTIGATOR PENALTY, it would be much easier for Nicky or Martin to get some sort of retrobution.

I am sickened by the cowards actions. BE A FRIGGIN MAN.

EDIT: I voted for the scoreboard option. works best in my book.
Its not like he HURT anyone The only thing he did was make himself look like an ass. So that deserves him to be get hurt?

Old
04-12-2004, 09:33 PM
NWT Habs Fan

I personally think Ribeiro showed quite clearly that he is a rookie in the post-season game. A seasoned vet would have ignored anything and just taken himself off the ice or to the dressing room. To taunt and laugh really shows some immaturity, a fact that no doubt some more seasoned veterans and leaders of the team have stressed to him last night and today.

I know that refs and opposing players of any team do not like to be made fools of, and methinks young Ribeiro will learn this lesson the hard way.

I just wish the game can be remembered for the good 59:15 of good hockey in between classless booing and Ribs' funky chicken. It has been a close, well fought series so far, and I look forward for more to come from these two warriors.

Old
04-12-2004, 09:43 PM
Ogie Ogilthorpe

I was thnking about it, and I think the B's should just leave him alone for a while, maybe even the entire next game. He must know something is comming, he is a rookie, a soft one at that, he will be taken off his game, as will some of the others figuring on retribution. Just let them sweat it out and spend the entire game wondering when it is going to happen. Once something is done, then its over and they can go back to concentrating on just the game, rather than the "what if". This would be the ultimate X factor.

Old
04-12-2004, 09:56 PM
Bruinguy
Here we are again!

I voted for the persistant hits. As long as he's not getting chased around the ice. Don't let him be a distraction but more of an incentive to win.

Bottom line, in hindsight...the scoreboard option is probably the best but no Bruin should let up or neglect to finish a check on him or any other smurf.

I was genuinely surprised thought to see (I forget which player) let up on a hit on Joe. As much I want to see Joe do well and heal up, this is the playoffs...you hit hard, you hit clean.

Old
04-12-2004, 10:05 PM
Ogie Ogilthorpe

I also voted for the hard constant check, but I don't think my strategy is awful...Nor do I think they will put it into effect.

Old
04-13-2004, 12:31 AM
Strafer

I can't believe ther is even one Habs fan who has the nerve to vote on this let alone 9 who voted they're "just glad he's alright" typical!:lol

Old
04-13-2004, 06:25 AM
BINGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
Its not like he HURT anyone The only thing he did was make himself look like an ass. So that deserves him to be get hurt?
Must be a language barrier.......I don't know how you could come up this.

And yes, he did make himself look like an ass. The only thing he deserves is to be called out, and taught a lesson in hockey. I am sure "the rocket" was impressed. Ribs is starting a new tradition. Stop....drop.....and cry like a baby.

Old
04-13-2004, 09:26 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
You pay back on the scoreboard...

That is the goal... no other !

If the guys come out head hunting then Ribiero has won..
AND Sullivan has lost control.

There is always a time and day to settle personal scores.
Tonight ain't it as far as I'm concerned.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
04-13-2004, 12:04 PM
08Neely
Blades of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogie Ogilthorpe
I also voted for the hard constant check, but I don't think my strategy is awful...Nor do I think they will put it into effect.
Whatever it is I hope it is clean and doesn't degenerate into anything cheap

Old
04-13-2004, 12:13 PM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogie Ogilthorpe
I was thnking about it, and I think the B's should just leave him alone for a while, maybe even the entire next game. He must know something is comming, he is a rookie, a soft one at that, he will be taken off his game, as will some of the others figuring on retribution. Just let them sweat it out and spend the entire game wondering when it is going to happen. Once something is done, then its over and they can go back to concentrating on just the game, rather than the "what if". This would be the ultimate X factor.
Bingo. I'm sold.

Make him sweat it out for a bit. Hit him clean when it's there and at no other time. Since we know he's not man enough to fight, that's out. Otherwise you wait...my guess is even if we do nothing, his actions will be frowned upon league-wide, not just by our players. He'll get his due. No doubt.

Closed Thread