HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

An outsider's take on Carle...

Old
11-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Carle and White. 2 guys I wasn't expected a lot from....Let's say that yesterday was "Eat crow" day for me.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
It is his second game. The first one, he wasn't impressive. But I like Carle and I think that when he gets used to the nhl, he will be able to exploit his offensive capacities to a better extent. And tonigh, he was pretty good on d! His passes will get better with time. And his shoot too. Two facets of his game we didn't see enough of him yet.
he still takes absolutely mind numbingly stupid penalties though. That's enough to warrant a trip back to Hamilton if he can't fix the problem.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 02:47 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
he still takes absolutely mind numbingly stupid penalties though. That's enough to warrant a trip back to Hamilton if he can't fix the problem.

it's only TWO penalties...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Carle and White. 2 guys I wasn't expected a lot from....Let's say that yesterday was "Eat crow" day for me.
Yeah, those guys were a revelation on the PK. It was really nice to see three kids come up and play well. This team could use some good news, and last night was definitely good news. Here's hoping that Gionta and Spacek are not too hurt.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 02:54 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Yesterday's penalty wasn't his doing. He covered for a very bad line change. Plus, it wasn't really a penalty. He made the right play, the Boston player dropped down because of bad positioning.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 03:02 PM
Unspoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
I found it interesting that Carle said he learned more in a month playing under coach Boucher than in his first 2 seasons under Lever.
That caught my interests too. This made me question hab's development system even more. I now wonder how many good prospects didn't reach their full potential in the last few years because of this...

Beside O'Byrne, Carle seems to be the first prospect, this year, who seems to be clearly exceeding expectations (expectations were not too high for him, but it makes for a nice surprise).

Until Carle surprised me, I was under the impression that most young players who played games for the habs this season (pre-season + season) had not progressed much. I was a bit disappointed.

Last edited by Unspoken: 11-06-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Unspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 03:11 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspoken View Post
That caught my interests too. This made me question hab's development system even more. I now wonder how many good prospects didn't reach their full potential in the last few years because of this...
It may have been a problem before, but if it was, then clearly it's been addressed with the addition of Guy Boucher. He's only been getting praise from all comers and he's got a track record as a teacher.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 03:15 PM
mvp76

With some veteran d's out, and almost Spacek yesterday..
Carle was a pleasant surprise.

Looked pretty poised out there considering little nhl experience. Calling him out on small mistakes is unfair when you look at his overall good game, loved when he squared (I forget which bruin now) with that hit along the boards!

A right handed shot!

mvp76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 04:27 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
Carle played well enuf last night to prove when Ob comes back, MAB should sit and Carle, even Belle should play ahead of MAB.
interesting ... I agree ... if he keeps on showing signs of improvement...

what impressed me is his play without the puck, he looked solid on those skates...I had the misconception he would get run over by the B's forwards all night ... he won a lot of physical battles... which has impressed me.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

I was really impressed wtih Carle. Even in his first game despite some mistakes, he showed some flashes.

Hopefully he keeps it up.

Des Louise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Habruti!

I like Carle a lot, not only is he from my home town but for some reason he is a guy no-one is waiting for. One of the problem that we need to address in this team is our passing skills, Carle is a good passer. Obyrne is good for that as well. I am hoping he plays long enough to show that he bleongs and show that both him and Obyrne should be in the lineup.

From a size perspective he is the same size as Markov; He is stronger on the puck then Webber and while he does not have Webber's shot he does have a better passing game. Hopefully he will stick with the team.

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 05:24 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

If Carle continues playing like this MAB will effectively become expendable before O'Byrne comes back.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Habs

My wife thought he was 'cute' and she'd 'hit it'. Being a true fan, I had to agree with her.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 05:30 PM
couris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
My wife thought he was 'cute' and she'd 'hit it'. Being a true fan, I had to agree with her.
wtf... Do not accept this kind of behaviour. You are the only men she should "hit it"

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 05:41 PM
habdynasty

Carle played a good smart game last night, really really impressed !!!!!!

habdynasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Unspoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
It may have been a problem before, but if it was, then clearly it's been addressed with the addition of Guy Boucher. He's only been getting praise from all comers and he's got a track record as a teacher.
This was not clear in my previousmessage, but I agree that the problem has probably been solved with Guy Boucher.

Still, this means that for some players, two years of development were partly wasted or at least not used to their full potential.

Who knows maybe we lost a potential hidden gem because of bad development.

Unspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 05:16 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
Ehh... I think with everyone healthy we have enough forwards that I wouldn't want to waste a spot on MAB... I don't see what he is going to bring to the forward lines quite frankly. Unless he REALLY starts stepping up on the PP and makes himself more worthwhile than I don't like the idea... So far aside from about one game he hasn't even impressed there.

I dunno. I'm almost NEVER hard/down on a player for the CH, not even Breezy, but MAB is not someone I want sticking around as soon as we have the guys back and healthy to replace him, UNLESS he really steps up his play of course.
couldn't agree more. He would have to be as effective as Souray or Schneider to make me consider him for that special team role. We just have to get Spacek going on the PP to have a cannon and/or focus more on having the forwards execute passing and backdoor plays more effectively since this is the most talented bunch of forwards (stickhandling/shooting) we've had for a while barring Kovy.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 05:20 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

When he played last game, Carle reminded me of Gorges a bit. Not the most talented guy, not the biggest, grittest guy, but a solid D with a good vision, a good heart and who doesn't mind the physical play.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 06:23 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimoGionta View Post
When he played last game, Carle reminded me of Gorges a bit. Not the most talented guy, not the biggest, grittest guy, but a solid D with a good vision, a good heart and who doesn't mind the physical play.
Yeah, me too I saw some Gorges in him, the kid will do the work if he play regularly.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
Yeah, me too I saw some Gorges in him, the kid will do the work if he play regularly.
I catch your drift too, but I was thinking more Robidas in the early days. The thing that has surprised me, even in training camp, has been his willingness to throw his body into the play, although it's clear that he's still learning body position and timing, which is made more apparent by the fact that he's somewhat undersized. But I wasn't expecting that style. I had always thought of him as a pokecheck softy.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
I catch your drift too, but I was thinking more Robidas in the early days. The thing that has surprised me, even in training camp, has been his willingness to throw his body into the play, although it's clear that he's still learning body position and timing, which is made more apparent by the fact that he's somewhat undersized. But I wasn't expecting that style. I had always thought of him as a pokecheck softy.
He tried using his body a little last year but not much and not always effectively. I think he either strengthened up over the summer or took some of Plekys brave pills during camp as he has regularly been using his body in Hamilton and doing a decent job of it. Perhaps he is also a bit more confident having not had a head injury since last year? Still, it's something he needed to work on in his game from last year and so far, I'd give him two thumbs up for that aspect of his game. His consistency and efficiency has been much improved. His offensive skills haven't been on display as much yet, although they'll get going at some point but at the same time, he isn't making the same mistakes with the puck he made to past two years. Good to see him develop and provide Weber and Subban with a bit more competition.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Lizard King*

He has potential to play in the NHL for now while we have injuries. If all goes well he could be playing in the NHL next season or the season.

Lizard King* is offline   Reply With Quote