HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"These go to 11" - Maple Leafs at Hurricanes - 11/06/09 - 7pm

Old
11-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

vCash: 500
Brindy takes a stupid penalty because he's 95 years old and he's second in minutes among our F... Maurice is a ******... Brindy is nothing but a 4th liner

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 08:15 PM
dmonk
doughberle

Send a message via ICQ to dmonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacho View Post
What a poor luck
there is luck, and then there is 100% FDA approved genuine suckage.

One has nothing to do with the other.

dmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 08:18 PM
OrioleWay
Jailbait

We need some Sutter magic

OrioleWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 08:20 PM
DoomMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane_SVT View Post
Brindy takes a stupid penalty because he's 95 years old and he's second in minutes among our F... Maurice is a ******... Brindy is nothing but a 4th liner
Sounds like he needs more ice time!

DoomMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Kamina
Amok

vCash: 50
Fire Maurice, Hire Laviolette.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

We. Suck. Not only do we suck....we now are about to have an 11 game losing streak, losing to all of the other crappy teams in the league.....

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 08:28 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Now it's official.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 08:28 PM
DoomMF

Do we ever NOT outshoot the other team? You would think we'd get lucky eventually.

Old
11-06-2009, 08:29 PM
OrioleWay
Jailbait

Goddddddd... i just don't know what to say.

But Hall- Staal- Ruutu... this combo will dominate.

Old
11-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

we've played 4 of the worst 6 teams in the league during this 'run'

The season is over... Time for a garage sale...

Oh yeah... Maurice is just as bad as he was when you fired him 4 years ago, Why did we re-hire him again?

Old
The One Who Knocks

Same ****, different day

The One Who Knocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caner Soze View Post
Damn Boychuk is cursed
Sounded like he was snakebitten there a couple of times... but good to hear he was going to the net and getting involved. I didn't get to see the game, just heard most of the third period on internet radio. How was Boychuk overall?

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

Same old song and dance.

Atleast it was a little more exciting seeing Boychuk with a nice breakaway opportunity, Sutter with another great game where he scored once again and could have easily had another goal and 2-3 assists. The kid has an offensive game in there afterall, just seems to have taken him some time to develop and adjust. Not the most naturally talented obviously, but as noted in the past, his mind for the game and work ethic has the potential to translate into some points. Good for the kid.

Can't wait for the post game so I can listen to Maurice say we played a 'very, very good hockey game' again. We weren't been great all in all, we were good, couple bounces and this game could have been ours, just as it was for the Leafs. As I said the other day, morale victories and taking any positives we can from each passing game will get old quite quick because we cannot score more than 2 goals a game. It's going to (or should I say it has) gotten old, real quick. I can live with a loss so long as the effort was there, which it was, but again when you consistently cannot score more than 2 goals per game, it gets a little tiresome.

I think we should try Boychuk & Sutter on the same line. Keep Sutter on the wing as he has played exceptionally well there and put Boychuk at center. I gotta feeling they could do some good things together. I'd personally rather Boychuk at center anyway, I think his game is better suited for the position rather than the wing where he'll have to do more digging, pushing and physical work along the boards. His playmaking, vision and speed would be well suited down the middle. Sutter and Boychuk could likely open things up offensively. Both very intelligent players.

11 losses in a row. Our last victory came 28 days ago, 4 weeks. So the streak continues.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Is it a coincidence that the 2 teams Maurice has had anything to do with pesonnel decisions are the worst two teams in the league

Old
11-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Caniac4ever

Same outcome, but at least I wanted to watch this game until it was over unlike most of them in the last 4 weeks. A loss is a loss, but not getting hosed by 5 goals is a small victory...

Caniac4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DoomMF

Don't worry people, my game day thread is on the way and with it will come VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane_SVT View Post
Is it a coincidence that the 2 teams Maurice has had anything to do with pesonnel decisions are the worst two teams in the league
Yes, yes it is.

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Brindy to the 4th line... PLEASE

Old
11-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
I watched this game to see Boychuk and Sutter and I certainly wasn't disappointed. I think it's time for a paradigm shift in the way icetime is distributed. Sutter and Boychuk looked phenomenal tonight. Boychuk had some early butterflies to shake away, but the intermission seemed to really settle him down. I had no idea he was as fast as he looked on that breakaway. He turned on the afterburners. Had that puck not been rolling on him, he probably pots it.

I can tell he's having a little trouble knowing where to be right now, but that's just his inexperience. I noticed a few times where he was too high up in puck support and didn't present himself as a target on the cycle a few times, but in terms of puck skills he looked really good.

Sutter.... who knew? He just seems to get sticks on pucks that most players can't perceive. He could have easily had another goal or two.

Overall, satisfied with the effort of the two young players and disappointed in most of the rest.

Cam isn't playing like Cam right now.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Blueline Bomber
1st Overall Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I think we should try Boychuk & Sutter on the same line. Keep Sutter on the wing as he has played exceptionally well there and put Boychuk at center. I gotta feeling they could do some good things together. I'd personally rather Boychuk at center anyway, I think his game is better suited for the position rather than the wing where he'll have to do more digging, pushing and physical work along the boards. His playmaking, vision and speed would be well suited down the middle. Sutter and Boychuk could likely open things up offensively. Both very intelligent players.
I dunno. Sutter had a great faceoff night tonight, much better than his previous games. And if Sutter's suppose to turn into the defensive player while Boychuk's suppose to turn into the offensive stalwart, it's better to have Sutter playing center.

Blueline Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 08:42 PM
OrioleWay
Jailbait

At least Albany makes big comeback and win game in OT with 5:4.

Old
11-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacho View Post
We made this mediocre goalie to look like Brodeur
Nah, Jonas Gustavsson made Jonas Gustavsson look like Jonas Gustavsson.

He's not mediocre because you haven't heard of him - you haven't heard of him because he's a rookie.

Old
11-06-2009, 08:54 PM
DoomMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic Button View Post
Nah, Jonas Gustavsson made Jonas Gustavsson look like Jonas Gustavsson.

He's not mediocre because you haven't heard of him - you haven't heard of him because he's a rookie.
No. If you gave up more than 1 goal to this team, without Staal & Whitney, you just might be mediocre.

1 for Sutter is understandable, anything more than that and you played a bad game.

Old
11-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

We are officially a punch line and attendance will be so bad that payroll will have to go down next year

Old
11-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
I dunno. Sutter had a great faceoff night tonight, much better than his previous games. And if Sutter's suppose to turn into the defensive player while Boychuk's suppose to turn into the offensive stalwart, it's better to have Sutter playing center.

Sutter definitely had one of his best nights to date in the faceoff circle. In all honesty I don't think it's going go truly effect Sutter whether he is playing wing or center, he looks great each game regardless and looks to be a strong defensive player regardless. With Sutter it's kind of like you're going to get what you're going to get and he's showing that right now whether he's playing center or wing, collecting 10 minutes a game or 18. If Sutter and Boychuk are on the same line in my opinion it only makes sense to have Boychuk at center as his game/skill set is much better suited for the role in my opinion based mostly on his playmaking ability and speed, both in which are much greater than Sutters and better suited for a centerman to create for his wingers. That however is just my opinion. We're now seeing some of the light at the NHL level on why Sutter was pegged as one of the players in his draft class to have the potential to be one of the better all-around players. It is certainly nice to see.

Last edited by Guerzy: 11-06-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote