HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where is the Maxime Lapierre's intensity this year

Old
11-06-2009, 12:42 PM
GordonGraham

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Wow. Why don't you complain about something worth complaining about? Producing? He's never put up more than 28 pts in a season and you're worrying about his production? You're going to have A VERY LONG year if this guy is one of your worries...
He's on pace for 5 goals with 2 nd line minutes, he should produce more

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
You missed my point. What I am trying to say is that because Lapierre talks so much **** and refuses to back it up, he should at least start producing.
Right, but my point is, his getting under the other team's skin is job, and producing to a certain extent.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 12:50 PM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGraham View Post
He's on pace for 5 goals with 2 nd line minutes, he should produce more
get him off the second line, he is a career 3rd or 4the liner.

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 01:03 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

lapierre not dropping the gloves and Pierre mc guire being a ****** bag, anyone really surprised?

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Santino

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
lapierre not dropping the gloves and Pierre mc guire being a ****** bag, anyone really surprised?
mcguire is right, so is everyone else on tsn. notice how rds had nothing to say about it. because they know he shoulda dropped the gloves. Point finale!

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 01:17 PM
habs_pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
mcguire is right, so is everyone else on tsn. notice how rds had nothing to say about it. because they know he shoulda dropped the gloves. Point finale!
Lapierre just fired back at Mcguire french:

http://www.corussports.com/hockey/no...e-1823411.html

He basically said: Yeah like Mcguire dropped the gloves often in the NHL...

habs_pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
I don't get it. What's the worst that can happen if he doesn't fight? Maybe in the old NHL someone goes and breaks Gionta's legs to spite Lapierre; but now? You get suspended for the year for doing that. Nowadays you have to worry but getting hurt yourself. Last time i looked, Avery has never been concussed for doing something stupid. Lapierre hasn't done anything close to his antics, so why all the hate? Of course he's not a 2nd liner; it's a bandaid for now. Lapierre is a great role player who just happens to be playing on the 2nd line, and he's not doing terribly. At least he doesn't give the puck away and play half-assed like Kostitsyn.

Old
11-06-2009, 01:19 PM
nilan30

I think he didnt fight him because his visor and helmet were off. Nice to see the Habs beat the Bruins last night. And now we got JAY LEACH

nilan30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Santino

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_pat View Post

good comeback lappy You not dropping the gloves is totally forgiven now that you made that comeback.

Old
11-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_pat View Post

Then, he goes on to explain that he didn't want to drop the gloves where it might turn the momentum in boston's direction in a 1-0 game. Love this kid.

Old
11-06-2009, 01:21 PM
MontrealHabitant

I will never understand our players for that, I personally take boxing classes and have been since 05, why do certain NHL players don't do that ?

Wouldn't it be fun to be able to drop everybody ? That reminds me of Mike Komisarek, why not just learn to fight and just beat down Lucic ?

Don't get it.

MontrealHabitant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Santino

Quote:
I don't get it. What's the worst that can happen if he doesn't fight? Maybe in the old NHL someone goes and breaks Gionta's legs to spite Lapierre; but now? You get suspended for the year for doing that. Nowadays you have to worry but getting hurt yourself. Last time i looked, Avery has never been concussed for doing something stupid. Lapierre hasn't done anything close to his antics, so why all the hate? Of course he's not a 2nd liner; it's a bandaid for now. Lapierre is a great role player who just happens to be playing on the 2nd line, and he's not doing terribly. At least he doesn't give the puck away and play half-assed like Kostitsyn.
Do you know how dumb, but utterly dumb you just sound? I normally wont answer back to a dumb relpy like yours but i have to, you set me up.

1) mtl was credited with one giveaway and it wasnt Akos giveaway. Sure he did a couple of weak clearing attempts but so did i think, EVERYONE ELSE. And theyre not condsidered giveaways theyre just bad clearing attempts.

2) that you had to bring up andre in a thread where it was nothing to do with him only suggests thats its eating you up inside that andre played well and lappy simply isnt cutting it ont he second line. Also i can bet my**** that if it were andre or any other non francophone(yes i know your defending lappy ONLY because he is a francophone) you would say the same thing that pierre, everyone on tsn and the rest of the people who actually watched the game-you woulda freaked out that they didnt drop the gloves. Lappy should have dropped them and im not gonna stress it any further. I actually pity your persepctive on the game especially bringing in andres play to justify why Lappy didnt drop the gloves. You=fail. relpy all you want, my discussion with you is over. Nice try tho.

Last edited by Santino: 11-06-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old
11-06-2009, 01:33 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

"À 1 à 0 pour nous, il n'était pas question que je donne l'occasion à Andrew Ference de changer le momentum pour son équipe. »

Of course Max he would **** the *** out of you.
What a loser response.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 01:35 PM
number 11

Quote:
Then, he goes on to explain that he didn't want to drop the gloves where it might turn the momentum in boston's direction in a 1-0 game. Love this kid.
he was right to not fight in that situation i think, you don't fight when you're a goal down and you have momentum. however this is only being magnified because he runs his mouth all the time and never backs it up.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 01:37 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
this deserve a big LOL, I don't usually award this easily but this post asks for one.

Old
11-06-2009, 01:41 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Lol oh please. I think Laraque is like Godwin's Law here.
no but seriously , that post on lapierre not producing ... you had me on hello.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Santino

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
this deserve a big LOL, I don't usually award this easily but this post asks for one.
i firmly believe we can award his post, worst post of the week!

Last edited by Santino: 11-06-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old
11-06-2009, 01:44 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Lapierre doesn't fight and Boston scores: "omg what a ***** he should back up his mouth what an embarassment"

Lapierre fights and Boston scores: "omg what an idiot we had the LEAD and he practically hands over the momentum by getting into a pointless fight scratch him"

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 01:45 PM
holyhabs87

Quote:
avery actually drops the gloves and doesnt do to bad in the fights...laps doesnt.

lapierre has been nowhere near as effective as he was last year. the excuse that he isnt a 2nd liner isnt valid because he has been playing like crap since the season started.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Do you know how dumb, but utterly dumb you just sound? I normally wont answer back to a dumb relpy like yours but i have to, you set me up.

1) mtl was credited with one giveaway and it wasnt Akos giveaway. Sure he did a couple of weak clearing attempts but so did i think, EVERYONE ELSE. And theyre not condsidered giveaways theyre just bad clearing attempts.

2) that you had to bring up andre in a thread where it was nothing to do with him only suggests thats its eating you up inside that andre played well and lappy simply isnt cutting it ont he second line. Also i can bet my**** that if it were andre or any other non francophone(yes i know your defending lappy ONLY because he is a francophone) you would say the same thing that pierre, everyone on tsn and the rest of the people who actually watched the game-you woulda freaked out that they didnt drop the gloves. Lappy should have dropped them and im not gonna stress it any further. I actually pity your persepctive on the game especially bringing in andres play to justify why Lappy didnt drop the gloves. You=fail. relpy all you want, my discussion with you is over. Nice try tho.
aah, let's see, part of this thread is about quality of play on the 2nd line, so all i'm doing is comparing Lapierre and Kostitsyn in how they pay on that line. As far as Lapierre not "cutting" it on that line, i don't know what you're talking about. Nobody has shown this year that they have been more effective in that spot, so until that changes, he's our best option. And i'm really glad our conversation is over, it was getting pretty boring talking to an oversized baby. oauh oauh, i'm so sad! I want my mommy!

Old
11-06-2009, 01:47 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
"À 1 à 0 pour nous, il n'était pas question que je donne l'occasion à Andrew Ference de changer le momentum pour son équipe. »

Of course Max he would **** the *** out of you.
What a winner response.
fixed. As I doubt that he will hesitate to drop them if he NEEDS to and there is NOBODY ELSE ... but fighting is not his game. Moreover, he gets under the other player's skin by playing a fair and honest game, why should he have to answer to anything?

ference is a loser.

Old
11-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
i firmly believe he can award his post, worst post of the week!
And yet the coach will probably put him back on the 2nd line next game and the game after, because he's playing so bad...

Old
11-06-2009, 01:53 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
avery actually drops the gloves and doesnt do to bad in the fights...laps doesnt.
lapierre has been nowhere near as effective as he was last year. the excuse that he isnt a 2nd liner isnt valid because he has been playing like crap since the season started.
next time you see lapierre 6 inch a goalie in the chest/dance in front of them/elbow someone in the face/talk about sloppy seconds .... you'll be allowed to compare him to avery.

plays like crap? JM says ur wrong.

Old
11-06-2009, 01:53 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
fixed. As I doubt that he will hesitate to drop them if he NEEDS to and there is NOBODY ELSE ... but fighting is not his game. Moreover, he gets under the other player's skin by playing a fair and honest game, why should he have to answer to anything?

ference is a loser.
the way he plays and behaves on ice, fighting SHOULD be part of his game sometimes. If you can't and are a ****** p **** then keep your mouth shut.

anyway I am pretty sure he will get it and he he will get it really hard pretty soon.

Old
11-06-2009, 01:55 PM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
I agree.

I really don't understand the uproar...there have been lots of guys that played/play like Lapierre that don't EVER fight and certainly don't EVER come in and stick up for teammates - like Lapierre has.

I really am confused why he's getting flack over this....looks to me to be more of a TSN anti-Hab creation than anything else...spearheaded by the biggest anti-Hab of them all, peanuthead - the biggest blowhard/hypocrite/no-talent in the media.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote