HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Random observations from a fan in attendence

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2004, 12:06 AM
Ford Prefect

vCash: 500
Random observations from a fan in attendence

Just some of my experiences from the game:

- I got to the game at about 6:50 and there was still a massive crowd waiting to get in. I got an Andreas Dackell rally towel. I 'upgraded' to a Joe Juneau towel later. lol

- The crowd was soooo into it. So many chants going around, ranging from the traditional Ole ole ole oleeee chants to Raycroft goadings. We tried to boo Thornton every time he touched the puck, but it was hard cause he was so ineffective. The loudest chant was directed at Kerry Frasier. ha ha ha (punk deserved it)

- I didn't get to see either Boston goal. I was in the 409 section, and on the first goal some b_tch was standing right in front of me. The second one some people were tossing t-shirts into the crowd and I couldn't see anything.

- I went for a smoke in the stairwell between periods. Man, it was smokier in there than any bar I've ever seen.

- Some guys had the audacity to come to the game wearing Bruins jerseys. Everyone that saw them shouted "Boston sucks!" in their faces. Ha ha ha

- There was some booing of the American anthem before the game. I think that was totally classless, to be frank. I think they should just do away with singing anthems before sporting events. What is the point?

- I didn't see the hits on Axellson, Ribeiro or Begin cause I was following the puck. From what I saw on tv though, Ryder really cleaned Ax's clock. Looked a little suspect to me though.

- That was the worst called game I've seen in a REAL long time. They missed flagrant infractions like hooking/tripping right in the crease (one about 6 feet from Frasier) but they called holding the stick with 4-5 minutes left??? The fans were booing the refs before the game even started... Must have been an arena-wide premonition.

- Kovalev was the first star and rightly so. Not only did he score twice, but he was actually back-checking a bit and was into the play the entire game. I don't get though how Ribs could be on the ice in the last 50 seconds with the goalie pulled, and not Kovy who was looking for a hat trick? When he came out for the tip of the helmet, he seemed genuinely touched with the ovation. He tipped his helmet in all four directions. Good to see him get his game back.

Any others in the crowd wanna add anything?

Old
04-12-2004, 12:12 AM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
I wasn't there but from what I saw on TV, Ryder hardly "smoked" Ax. it was more of a fists out clothes line shoulda used more body

Old
04-12-2004, 01:08 AM
MontrealSF
Lars Eller.

Hum... I saw a lot of Ward, Rivet and Dowd towel (my GF got Dowd..) but mine when I checked it.. it was.. MICHAEL RYDER !! I kept it in my pocket, I didn't want anybody to stole the best towel !

Old
04-12-2004, 04:09 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
- There was some booing of the American anthem before the game. I think that was totally classless, to be frank. I think they should just do away with singing anthems before sporting events. What is the point?
Again ?!? Damn ... vote for Cornellio and listen to stupid shows little people

Old
04-12-2004, 09:00 AM
Cariboux

I think that it's time to remove the national anthems before events like this. Plus, with the situation in Quebec, we can understand why we are doing this but there is no place for the anthems IMO.

Old
04-12-2004, 12:11 PM
Ford Prefect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboux
I think that it's time to remove the national anthems before events like this. Plus, with the situation in Quebec, we can understand why we are doing this but there is no place for the anthems IMO.

Actually, the place erupted when they played the Canadian anthem. Go figure.

Old
04-12-2004, 05:32 PM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Prefect

- I didn't see the hits on Axellson, Ribeiro or Begin cause I was following the puck. From what I saw on tv though, Ryder really cleaned Ax's clock. Looked a little suspect to me though.
Don't want to be an ass, but they all happened right near the puck.

Old
04-12-2004, 06:16 PM
Moumni_Bachir

Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Again ?!? Damn ... vote for Cornellio and listen to stupid shows little people
Hahaha! Esti que ça valait 100$!

Closed Thread