HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

what if Jacques Martin becomes GM?

Old
11-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Iwishihadacup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I'm starting to really like Jaques Martin. I like the systems he's implemented, I like the way we've done ok without Markov. I liked the way he gave Halak a chance to continue to play.

One of the biggest complaints around here has always been around developing our prospects. Whether its been the Russian's or having problem players like Ribeiro etc.... and recently the Sergei Kostitsyn handling.

The reason why I mention this now is because I just read an article about how he handled Price when he was playing Halak.

The Article is here and in french but I read it through google translate. What I really liked is how he met with Price during this time and let him know what was going on and where he stood.

Price has been mishandled by Carbonneau and Gainey imo and I like the way Martin is handling him, the way he went to see him in the summer.

Martin seems to understand how to develop young players, that you need to coddle them to a degree but that your still the boss and will send them a message at the same time.

Many believed that the confidence of Carey Price had been affected in recent weeks. Jacques Martin had the chance to meet his guardian to discuss and he says he never detected a lack of confidence in him.

"I had a meeting with Carey (Price) last week. We evaluated its performance so far. We agreed on certain things he must continue to work and improve. It was an opportunity to tell him my feelings, but I never felt that his confidence was affected."

I don't know if Gainey will retire next summer but I'm starting to warm up to the thought of Martin replacing him eventually.
facts: its after meeting with Bob that Sergei resigned going to the AHL, the rest is all Boucher

and there is such a thing a career coach like Jacques Martin can't do as a GM

and he sucked bad as a GM in florida

bottomline:

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

who is Brian Boucher? The goalie?

Anyways, i am definately OUT for Martin as GM.

Yzerman for 2010

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 05:54 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

if i recall corrently JM even said he didnt like being a GM. He much prefered the coaching job, hence why he left Florida.

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
I am going to guess that succession planning was a part of the discussions between JM and BG/Boivin and that all have a decent idea of what the future brings. My bet is on JM being the GM and soon.
Absolutely.

I was shocked that JM would leave a GM job for a coaching position...but then the more i thought about it, the more i starting thinking that Gainey, almost regardless of results, will step down after this season and JM will take his place; possibly with Boucher moving up to coach at the NHL level.

Not saying its necessarily the right move, but its kind of how i see things going in the next 1-2 years.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 04:10 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

He'll trade Markov, Cammalleri and Plekanec for three talentless hard working guys.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 01:37 PM
C4KOMI

he will be high on the list.

C4KOMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 01:52 PM
shutehinside

I wouldn't want Gainey gone by any extent BUT if he resigned, the only GM I would want is Dale Tallon. He built a winner in Chicago and isn't afraid to make a big splash. Like EVERY other GM in the league, it may not always be the right choice but he's made more good then bad decisions.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote