HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any Word on Begin & Sundstrom

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2004, 10:21 AM
GoldenForum

vCash: 500
Any Word on Begin & Sundstrom

The Boston Globe also reported today that Begin left on crutches.

And is Sundstrom out for the playoffs with a concussion. Having a healthy Sundstrom in this series would make a big difference IMO. He's a great thirdline player: great skater, sees the ice so well, standout PK, and will score.

And Ribeiro watch out: he is going to get crushed next game.

Old
04-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
I dont think its the cuncusion thats keeping out Sunny, i think its an ankle injury, correct me anyone if im wrong.

IMO he should replae Juneau if and when he is ready, everybody else has played decently well.

As for Ribs, ya he better watch himself. I was really starting to like that gritty attitude he was starting to bring, then he goes and does this.

Old
04-12-2004, 10:46 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch

As for Ribs, ya he better watch himself. I was really starting to like that gritty attitude he was starting to bring, then he goes and does this.
As I stated in another thread, if this kind of stuff throws the Bruins players off their game, and gets them thinking of revenge instead of the game, then I LOVE his little act. There is a reason pests are so valuable come playoff time.

Old
04-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Habber

I thought it was Sundstrom's ankle.

Gazette this morning said it was Begin's knee. Hopefully he won't be out long but I wouldn't think he'd be ready to go tomorrow if he was on crutches last night.

Old
04-12-2004, 10:49 AM
Moumni_Bachir

Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
As I stated in another thread, if this kind of stuff throws the Bruins players off their game, and gets them thinking of revenge instead of the game, then I LOVE his little act. There is a reason pests are so valuable come playoff time.
I totaly agree with you, every body is talking about the act of Ribeiro but it wasn't that bad, if you see it with my point of view, Axelsson did the same before, McGillis drop his stick to hurt Bégin like a coward and finally Ribeiro take his revenge on Kerry Fraser, the refs were awful and made bad calls so Ribeiro took his revenge!

Old
04-12-2004, 10:59 AM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moumni_Bachir
I totaly agree with you, every body is talking about the act of Ribeiro but it wasn't that bad, if you see it with my point of view, Axelsson did the same before, McGillis drop his stick to hurt Bégin like a coward and finally Ribeiro take his revenge on Kerry Fraser, the refs were awful and made bad calls so Ribeiro took his revenge!
Axelsson didn't do the same... Hit was clean but he was in obvious pain. I don't know if you saw B's bench after the hit he looked really hurt, unlike Ribeiro who started word war with the B's bench and even laughed.

McGillis was trying to clear the puck from the zone after he broke his stick. I don't believe he was trying to hurt Begin fro that position. If he wants to hit anybody he hits while standing on both legs.

I also dont believe Ribeiros little act will get B's off their game... He might get a clean hard check but this is it. I believe they won't even hit him...Why waste body?There is no reasons to lose series because of that little punk.

Old
04-12-2004, 11:07 AM
blurbruin

Quote:
Axelsson missed a few shifts after the hit.... if he was faking do you really think he'd miss some shifts just to keep up the illusion that he's injured? He wasn't laughing or anything while on the bench... he looked like he got his bell rung.

Old
04-12-2004, 11:11 AM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
Axelsson didn't do the same... Hit was clean but he was in obvious pain. I don't know if you saw B's bench after the hit he looked really hurt, unlike Ribeiro who started word war with the B's bench and even laughed.

McGillis was trying to clear the puck from the zone after he broke his stick. I don't believe he was trying to hurt Begin fro that position. If he wants to hit anybody he hits while standing on both legs.

I also dont believe Ribeiros little act will get B's off their game... He might get a clean hard check but this is it. I believe they won't even hit him...Why waste body?There is no reasons to lose series because of that little punk.
Even if you try to injury him I doubt it would succeed. Ribeiro is that kind of player that is seeing the play so well that he will always be in good position to accept a bodycheck.. He's a little snake..

Old
04-12-2004, 11:17 AM
Moumni_Bachir

Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
Quote:
Originally Posted by blurbruin
Axelsson missed a few shifts after the hit.... if he was faking do you really think he'd miss some shifts just to keep up the illusion that he's injured? He wasn't laughing or anything while on the bench... he looked like he got his bell rung.
I've just heard that Ribeiro suffered a pinched nerve, I don't know what that means but The Score mention it as the potential cause of the Ribeiro's act.

For McGillis I don't really know what he tought when he fell intentionally on the ice, I notice that he broke his stick but it is the first time I see such a bizarre thing by a d-man trying to clear his zone, he could kick it, move it with his hand. I just find it really disgusting.

The fact that Ribeiro laugh didn't help his situation but if we knew more about what has being said after he suffer the injury we could do a better analysis.

Sorry for my english buddies!

Old
04-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Habsolument

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeStanley
He's a little snake..
That as always been his nickname since junior. He would never be injured because he would always avoid the big hitters at the last moment

Old
04-12-2004, 11:45 AM
Habs4Life

vCash: 915
Quote:

Don't you have a bruins forum to goto?

Old
04-12-2004, 11:55 AM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life
Don't you have a bruins forum to goto?
What kind of post is this???

1) This is not Habs fans private forum;
2) I am not trolling here by any stretch of imagination;
3) We have as many Habs fans posters on our forum as you have B's posters.

Old
04-12-2004, 11:57 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:

the thread is about the situation of Begin and Sunsdtrom, comming here and bashing Ribeiro is called trolling!

Old
04-12-2004, 12:00 PM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:

this is all true

Old
04-12-2004, 12:06 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
the thread is about the situation of Begin and Sunsdtrom, comming here and bashing Ribeiro is called trolling!

and bashing Axxy and Mcgillis just to defend Ribiero is called what again.........

Old
04-12-2004, 12:10 PM
bb_fan

Quote:

Axellson did the same??? How so?? care to explain that one a bit, i mean Axxy gets hit with his head and down, and miss's about ten minutes of play and a few shift,,,,but it was all part of the big ruse..........?

And i could claim that Begin (or ryder even) were intentionaly trying to injure Nylander and Axxy.......but that would'nt make either statement at all accurate, now would it?

Old
04-12-2004, 12:12 PM
Orange

McGillis dove into Begin's legs. He wasn't "just" trying to clear the puck. He saw Begin comming in full speed and wanted to stop him from getting the puck. Three words : intent to injure ! But hey, we've been accustomed to this kind of play from the Bruins over the years.

Old
04-12-2004, 12:15 PM
Habsolument

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan
and bashing Axxy and Mcgillis just to defend Ribiero is called what again.........
Who bashed Axelsson or Mcgillis to defend Ribeiro Mcgillis is the reason why Bégin is hurt, is it not. I don't think we can call it whinning then.

Old
04-12-2004, 12:18 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
This is gona get uuuugly,

im not sticking around here, no way

Old
04-12-2004, 12:19 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
My post was solely a response to the poster who was trying to present Axelsson's actions as faking injury and McGillis's as attempt to injure which is not true at all.

I am calling it not trolling but objective criticizm (sp?).

On the other hand we have some Habs posters who come to our forums to say something to the effect of "GO HABS! BEAT THOSE BOOOINS!".

Old
04-12-2004, 12:23 PM
Kovalev Is A Hab

****ing McGillis!

Begin better be okay, we need him.

Old
04-12-2004, 12:24 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
McGillis dove into Begin's legs. He wasn't "just" trying to clear the puck. He saw Begin comming in full speed and wanted to stop him from getting the puck. Three words : intent to injure ! But hey, we've been accustomed to this kind of play from the Bruins over the years.
And Begin's hit on Nylander practicaly after the wistle was what? Can't have double standards.

Dan was trying to clear the puck and he didn't have a stick...Should he just let him by?

If he wanted to hit Begin he would've done it by that time standing on both feet.

Was it a penalty? I don't know I am not a ref.

Bruins haven't done anything these playoffs to warrant being called "dirty team"...it's getting old!

Old
04-12-2004, 12:30 PM
Karl Pilkington

Quote:
And Begin's hit on Nylander practicaly after the wistle was what? Can't have double standards.

Dan was trying to clear the puck and he didn't have a stick...Should he just let him by?

If he wanted to hit Begin he would've done it by that time standing on both feet.

Was it a penalty? I don't know I am not a ref.

Bruins haven't done anything these playoffs to warrant being called "dirty team"...it's getting old!
Anyway... I could go to a Bruins board and defend all the crap they're saying about the habs, but I won't. Why? Because its pointless... nothing you say will change what a hab fan thinks about something, and nothing I can say will change what a Bruin fan thinks about something.

I think we should just leave it alone...

Old
04-12-2004, 12:32 PM
Orange

Quote:
My post was solely a response to the poster who was trying to present Axelsson's actions as faking injury and McGillis's as attempt to injure which is not true at all.
I agree that Axxy's pain was genuine, but so was Ribeiro's. Maybe Ribeiro's injury was not as bad as it looked, but he was freaked out for real. You could see the swet from the contractions on his face when he was sitting on the bench. I don't care if the buins fans will beleive it or not, but Rib didn't fake anything.

Also, how can someone consider that diving into someone else's legs is a perfectly legal move ? It's the bane of most sports, but for McGillis it's ok ? It was completely irresponsible. McGillis saw Begin coming in full speed and droped to his leg level. He was not blocking a shot, he was trying to play the puck with every means necessary ... including dirty ones. For crying out loud, some people make it sound like it's Begin's fault ! On that play, he was the only one playing hockey the way it was meant to be. I don't think McGillis is a dirty player, but on that play, he had a lapse of judgement !

Old
04-12-2004, 12:32 PM
Kovalev Is A Hab

**** McGillis, he's a goddamn hippie, screw him.

Begin please make a full & speedy recovery!

Closed Thread