HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kastsitsyn and Perezhogin.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-15-2004, 10:10 PM
  #1
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,505
vCash: 500
Kastsitsyn and Perezhogin.

I have a question for any people who saw them play. I want to know if the move they make look a like the Samsonov one. I was looking Samsonov play and his moves are so quick and it's nice to see him play. I would like to have a player like him on the team but I don't know if Andrei and Alexander are like Sergei...

So if somebody can answer that, I would like it...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 10:15 PM
  #2
eddy
Registered User
 
eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,673
vCash: 500
I've seen Perezoighin play and he's not as shifty as Samsonov but is a very smooth fast skater like Samsonov and I noticed that Perezoighin likes to beat the defencemen wide then use his speed to cut into the net, and he's very good at it. Don't know how accurate that is but it's what i really noticed about him when i saw him live once or twice.

eddy is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 10:16 PM
  #3
NHLcrazy
Registered User
 
NHLcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Qc city
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
I have a question for any people who saw them play. I want to know if the move they make look a like the Samsonov one. I was looking Samsonov play and his moves are so quick and it's nice to see him play. I would like to have a player like him on the team but I don't know if Andrei and Alexander are like Sergei...

So if somebody can answer that, I would like it...


We had a samsonov wannabe a few years back, his name was Oleg Petrov.



He was sure fun to watch, remember the smurf line!?! speed, speed and more speed

NHLcrazy is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 10:19 PM
  #4
Traitor8
Registered User
 
Traitor8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: Iraq
Posts: 4,886
vCash: 500
Andrei Kostsitsyn is more compared to Pavel Bure. He is very quick and does his moves at top speed..Lethal wrist shot that is comparable to Joe Sakic's.

Alex Perezhogin is compared often to Jere Lehtinen since he is a good two way player but I feel his offensive skills are a notch better then Jere's .. Alex's offensive tools could be compared to Alexander Mogilny

Traitor8 is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 10:20 PM
  #5
not quite yoda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Qatar
Posts: 3,508
vCash: 500
Perezhogi is alot more like Zednick. Skates hard, works hard, likes to beat guys with his speed and strength and goes to the net. Not really a Samsonov type.

Kastsitsyn: almost no fans in North America have seen him play. If someone here claimed to have seen him, I would realy doubt them. It's only scouts and management that have watched so I realy don't know what he's like. All i have red and heard is that he has a "high skill level" and a "great desire".


not quite yoda is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 10:23 PM
  #6
Boardish
Registered User
 
Boardish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
Perezhogi is alot more like Zednick. Skates hard, works hard, likes to beat guys with his speed and strength and goes to the net. Not really a Samsonov type.

Kastsitsyn: almost no fans in North America have seen him play. If someone here claimed to have seen him, I would realy doubt them. It's only scouts and management that have watched so I realy don't know what he's like. All i have red and heard is that he has a "high skill level" and a "great desire".

Well, Montreal did see Kastsitsyn in two games I think!

Boardish is online now  
Old
04-15-2004, 10:23 PM
  #7
not quite yoda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Qatar
Posts: 3,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Andrei Kostsitsyn is more compared to Pavel Bure. He is very quick and does his moves at top speed..Lethal wrist shot that is comparable to Joe Sakic's.

Alex Perezhogin is compared often to Jere Lehtinen since he is a good two way player but I feel his offensive skills are a notch better then Jere's .. Alex's offensive tools could be compared to Alexander Mogilny
I have never heard anyone compare Perezhogin to Lehtinen before. The guy has 2 Selkes; Never knew Perezhogin was a defensive specialist...


not quite yoda is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 10:25 PM
  #8
Orange
Registered User
 
Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
I have never heard anyone compare Perezhogin to Lehtinen before. The guy has 2 Selkes; Never knew Perezhogin was a defensive specialist...
Isn't he given some pk time ?

Orange is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 10:34 PM
  #9
not quite yoda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Qatar
Posts: 3,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
Isn't he given some pk time ?
He could play on the 1st PK unit... But that doesn't make him the second comoing of Lehtinen.


not quite yoda is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 10:37 PM
  #10
Orange
Registered User
 
Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
He could play on the 1st PK unit... But that doesn't make him the second comoing of Lehtinen.
Well it does mean he as some more tools than just scoring abilities, which could make him a decent two way forward. He doesn't need to be Lethinen, just a good all round Perezhogin !!

Orange is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 10:40 PM
  #11
didjuicythat
@m_desroches
 
didjuicythat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Alex Perezhogin is compared often to Jere Lehtinen since he is a good two way player but I feel his offensive skills are a notch better then Jere's .. Alex's offensive tools could be compared to Alexander Mogilny
If Perezhogin can become half as good as Mogilny is, that would be fine with me. Let's not forget that Mogilny, along with Fedorov and Bure, is among the top 3 Russian forwards in the history of the NHL (well that's my opinion). Comparing his offensive skills to Mogilny's is pushing it too far, IMO. He does have good offensive upside though, as well as good defensive awareness.

didjuicythat is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 10:43 PM
  #12
Cayouche5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,742
vCash: 500
I saw Perezhogin 14-15 times this year and I must say that he look like Zednik but with lot better hockey sense and unlike Zednik he can pass.

Cayouche5 is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 11:29 PM
  #13
CH Wizard
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: preparin for 09 cup
Country: Afghanistan
Posts: 11,690
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
Perezhogi is alot more like Zednick. Skates hard, works hard, likes to beat guys with his speed and strength and goes to the net. Not really a Samsonov type.

Kastsitsyn: almost no fans in North America have seen him play. If someone here claimed to have seen him, I would realy doubt them. It's only scouts and management that have watched so I realy don't know what he's like. All i have red and heard is that he has a "high skill level" and a "great desire".

I saw him play and perez has more skills then Zednik.

CH Wizard is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 11:31 PM
  #14
CH Wizard
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: preparin for 09 cup
Country: Afghanistan
Posts: 11,690
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayouche5
I saw Perezhogin 14-15 times this year and I must say that he look like Zednik but with lot better hockey sense and unlike Zednik he can pass.
agree

CH Wizard is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 11:52 PM
  #15
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,852
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
cool another zednik in perezhogin !

Jeffrey is online now  
Old
04-16-2004, 04:56 PM
  #16
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,679
vCash: 500
Well I've seen them both but Kasty only twice so far. Perezhogin I've seen 4 times live and maybe 20 times over the last 3 years total. Sorry guys but I don't see Zednik at all. No Lehtinen either. I say this cause Perezhogin does not have Zednik's power. Zed's balance and speed are his bread and butter. Perezhogin's weakness is his lack of power. (now I haven't seen him in the last 2 months, so I can't say how much he's progressed) Perezhogin does have Zed's speed, but he's a lot more flash then Zed and has a better shot, imo (Zed often shoots right at the goalie, I think Alex can pick the corners better, time will tell)

Lehtinen is a great player and Perezhogin can play the PK cause his speed is a big asset. I don't know if he will be a PKer in the NHL, that's tough to say, but his defensive game is no where near Lehtinen who's one of the best forwards in his own end. Perezhogin won't hurt you in his own end, but I don't think he's going to be known for his defensive game. I think his defenisve game is fine though.

As for Kasty/Bure that's a tough one. Neither are good in their own end, but Bure seems to lack effort and Kasty seems more like a young Ribeiro in that he just doesn't seem to know what to do or where to go. Plus he's not as fast as Bure, he's got good speed, but not lighting speed. I don't think he's as shifty either, but maybe a better passer.

What surprised me about Kastsitsyn in only seeing 2 games, was that he is a very good passer. He makes difficult passes and makes them look easy. Not Ribeiro like as Mike is good at slowing down the play, whereas Kasty speeds it up. Kasty seems to come alive when the puck is in the offensive zone, as he seems to put it in extra gear. His shot is also impressive. The first time I watched him shoot the puck, he missed the net, but you could hear a loud bang as he nailed the boards with his shot. I'm sure the goalie was glad it went wide cause that one would have hurt saving it. His shot seems heavy but he gets it off quick. I wish I had gotten to see him shoot more, but he made more passes then shots.

The other thing I really liked about him was when he got nailed into the boards, he got right up and skated after the guy and drilled him into the boards. He got 2 minutes for that, but I liked seeing it. I don't know what kind of player he compares to or when he'll come over or what he'll do in the future, but he's got a lot of talent and I look forward to seeing him in the NHL someday.

montreal is offline  
Old
04-16-2004, 05:22 PM
  #17
Physical HABuse
Registered User
 
Physical HABuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 710
vCash: 500
Kastsitsyn almost sounds a bit like Kovalev in that he has a heavy shot and can get it off quickly and with accuracy. When Kovalev first cam to Montreal, he was missing the net but you good hear it hit hard behind the boards. Kovalev is also fast but not lightning quick....and he is a good passer (although usually holds onto the puck). Perhaps Kastitsyn could be a more consistent Kovalev. I would take that in a flash.

Perezhogin just has to get stronger. He's got some speed and skill that makes him an excellent prospect. If he isn't fast enough to be like Samsonov or strong enough to be like Zednik.....Could he be more like Satan?

Well.....maybe we shouldn't compare them to other players at all and just hope to see them play next year and for many more years with a successful Habs team.

Physical HABuse is offline  
Old
04-16-2004, 05:50 PM
  #18
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Physical HABuse
Kastsitsyn almost sounds a bit like Kovalev in that he has a heavy shot and can get it off quickly and with accuracy. When Kovalev first cam to Montreal, he was missing the net but you good hear it hit hard behind the boards. Kovalev is also fast but not lightning quick....and he is a good passer (although usually holds onto the puck). Perhaps Kastitsyn could be a more consistent Kovalev. I would take that in a flash.

Perezhogin just has to get stronger. He's got some speed and skill that makes him an excellent prospect. If he isn't fast enough to be like Samsonov or strong enough to be like Zednik.....Could he be more like Satan?

Well.....maybe we shouldn't compare them to other players at all and just hope to see them play next year and for many more years with a successful Habs team.

The difference between Kovalev and Kastsitsyn is that Kovalev is an unreal stickhandler and can deke most defensemen. I got some heat in the past for this, but I would say Kastsitsyn is closer to Kovalchuk but the difference in size makes a major difference in their game/effectiveness. Kovalchuk is so damn big for a young guy whereas Kasty isn't small, but doesn't have the frame of Kovy. I'm not saying he will be as good a goal scorer, as Kovy is one of the top scorers right now.

Perezhogin seems closer to Satan's build then then the others. Don't know if he will be as good, but I think Satatn's a better comparison then Zednik.

montreal is offline  
Old
04-16-2004, 05:54 PM
  #19
Physical HABuse
Registered User
 
Physical HABuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 710
vCash: 500
You know.....I read some posts from others and I think....where the hell did they learn to write english....and I don't mean this as a slam of my french friends on here. This is from english posters too. Then I look back at my post and see the worst spelling mistakes and a few brain cramps too. Sheesh.....hope you guys don't knock me for that.
Anyway, thanks for the reply montreal......and I can see what you mean about Kovalchuk. You know...we talk about all of these players and I start salivating at the thought of these star-like players on the Habs......but ultimately we have to watch their development. It's good to hope though.

Physical HABuse is offline  
Old
04-16-2004, 05:57 PM
  #20
Cayouche5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Physical HABuse
You know.....I read some posts from others and I think....where the hell did they learn to write english....and I don't mean this as a slam of my french friends on here. This is from english posters too. Then I look back at my post and see the worst spelling mistakes and a few brain cramps too. Sheesh.....hope you guys don't knock me for that.
Anyway, thanks for the reply montreal......and I can see what you mean about Kovalchuk. You know...we talk about all of these players and I start salivating at the thought of these star-like players on the Habs......but ultimately we have to watch their development. It's good to hope though.
I learned my english here at HFB cause at school the only thing I learned is :

''The cow is white''

What color is the cow ?

so if i'm bad in english it's your fault guys

Cayouche5 is offline  
Old
04-16-2004, 06:00 PM
  #21
Subban Fan
Registered User
 
Subban Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Quebec city
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,633
vCash: 500
I saw Perezhogin play a couple of times and he looks a lot like Petr Sykora...

Subban Fan is offline  
Old
04-16-2004, 06:01 PM
  #22
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Physical HABuse
You know.....I read some posts from others and I think....where the hell did they learn to write english....and I don't mean this as a slam of my french friends on here. This is from english posters too. Then I look back at my post and see the worst spelling mistakes and a few brain cramps too. Sheesh.....hope you guys don't knock me for that.
Anyway, thanks for the reply montreal......and I can see what you mean about Kovalchuk. You know...we talk about all of these players and I start salivating at the thought of these star-like players on the Habs......but ultimately we have to watch their development. It's good to hope though.
Ima 21, and stil cant spel gud even thowe i live in Toronto.

I always have ben, and always wil continu to be a harrifuc when it comez to spelen!


Mooch is offline  
Old
04-16-2004, 06:30 PM
  #23
Perfect_Gravity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Ima 21, and stil cant spel gud even thowe i live in Toronto.

I always have ben, and always wil continu to be a harrifuc when it comez to spelen!

Me too i have like a bajillion spelling mistakes in all my posts Spelling is not my thing, thnak god for spell check

Perfect_Gravity is offline  
Old
04-16-2004, 06:33 PM
  #24
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect_Gravity
Me too i have like a bajillion spelling mistakes in all my posts Spelling is not my thing, thnak god for spell check
Agreed, you should see my in class essay exams. Lol!

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-16-2004, 06:41 PM
  #25
Brisebois
Registered User
 
Brisebois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Feeding Johan Sedin
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayouche5
I learned my english here at HFB cause at school the only thing I learned is :

''The cow is white''

What color is the cow ?

so if i'm bad in english it's your fault guys

Wow, even at school you're taught wrong.

Correct version: What colour is the cow?





Lafleur points out that the reason for this may be because you were, like me and most of the posters here, raised in the third-world wannabe-country known as Quebec (correct spelling is with a pronounciation-mark above the E).

Brisebois is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.