HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Atmosphere's you're impressed with so far

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2004, 01:01 AM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
That's a pretty bold statement. I bet you $100 that Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto or Ottawa would not boo the American anthem. Why is it not fair to single out one city when it is the only city to do this ??? They even had Jean freakin' Beliveau asking them to shut up and they still wouldn't. Who cares if Boston boos the Canadian anthem on Thursday, they didn't in Games 1 & 2. If they do in Game 5, it is obviously because the Habs fans showed no respect for their country.

D-I-S-R-E-S-P-E-C-T-F-U-L !!!!!
Vancouver booed the US anthem 3 years ago against the Avalanche, for basically no other reason than they were losing the series 2-0. What was even more pathetic is the media on TSN and CBC actually tried to justify/rationalize it at the time, saying how they were just reacting to some disparaging stuff a Colorado sportswriter had written about the Canucks (as if that's a good reason to boo a country's anthem - because some hack writer trashed your team), and saying stuff like "well, that's not my style, but people pay money and can do whatever they want". Living in Vancouver at the time I was disgusted. The fans at GM Place tend to be among the worst, most obnoxious Canuck fans, and don't represent the majority of Canucks fans in any way, most of whom are intelligent hockey fans that are enjoyable to watch a game with at the bar and so on.

Old
04-17-2004, 02:05 AM
richardn

vCash: 500
I think Calgary has shown the most Heart and determination early on in the playoffs then anyone else. I would be scared to play them anytime soon.

Closed Thread