HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When Drury Got Taken Out In Buffalo

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2009, 01:13 PM
NYR510

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The NHL needs to look at head shots. Going after a players head is looked as being a clean hit. Booth. Toews, Drury. Hedman. All players who have been concussed with head shots. Richards,Mitchell and Neil didn't get suspended.
Toews had the puck. Brouwer then slashed Mitchell and a fight started elsewhere but the refs jumped in quick.

Hedman had the puck. Downie jumped in to defend him immediately.

Booth had just gotten rid of the puck. Everyone tied up, the refs jumped in.

Drury didn't have the puck. Nothing happened.

Just making a point

Old
11-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Captain?8 out of 10 people on these boards detest Drury. If Drury has to retire due to concussions,the Rangers get his cap hit off the books. If they place him on LTIR like the Flyers did with Hatcher and are still doing with Rathje,the Rangers can use Drury's money on other players.
What the hell is wrong with you?

Old
11-08-2009, 01:25 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter420 View Post
I just want to bring up something that I have not seen brought up in any of the previous drury injury or this team is soft threads. When Drury was in Buffalo there was a game against Ottawa that took place, this is what happened!

Enough said! Or am I missing something? You don't run our Captain!
I agree. Its embarrassing.

But tell me this. Same captain much different team dynamic. Why so?

Why do the Rangers just let teams run all over them? Henrik gets run at nightly with little to no price to pay....

Who is really responsible for HOW A TEAM REACTS to these situations?

The coach, the captain, the non C leadership, the general cohesiveness of a team.

Lots of new guys on this team

11-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Legs Feed the Wolf

****ing horrible display by the rangers, disguisted to be a ranger fan..our captain gets an elbow to the face when he doesnt even have the puck and no1 does anything? not a thing? i dont care how new this team is someone has to stand up for eachother, someone has to send a message right then and their or later on in the game...this is why brashear should be in the lineup...this just pisses me off

Old
11-08-2009, 02:04 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
I bet the majority of the people of this Ranger forum never even heard of Curtis Glencross. He is not a dirty player. Anybody comparing the Chris Neil hit on Chris Drury to what Glencross did to Drury is clueless. Neil is a head hunter. Look at what he did to Victor Hedman last week.
this.

wouldve still liked to see someone challenge Glencross, but it certainly isn't the same when a guy like Neil is throwing the hit.

Old
11-08-2009, 02:28 PM
NewYorkStranger

Quote:
You think the Glencross hit was a cheapshot.
I think it's very likely you never played a sport in your life and spent your youth surfing the internet. A check is not legal if the player never touched the puck, therefore yes, it was a cheapshot.

Old
11-08-2009, 03:59 PM
gluvhand

A check doesn't have to be "illegal" to be a cheap-shot. This one happened to be both though.

Old
11-08-2009, 05:27 PM
beastly115

Like others have mentioned, I'm downright embarrassed to be a Ranger fan after that display. Absolutely gutless team. Unbelievable.

Old
11-08-2009, 05:37 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Eye for an eye....

Old
11-08-2009, 05:54 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Right back at you.

Old
11-08-2009, 06:01 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkStranger View Post
I think it's very likely you never played a sport in your life and spent your youth surfing the internet. A check is not legal if the player never touched the puck, therefore yes, it was a cheapshot.
Have you just start watching hockey? Your mommy is calling you because it's past your bedtime.

That was not a cheapshot. So a player getting hit when he didn't have the puck is now a cheapshot. 2 minute interference call.

Old
11-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Nekz
Let's Go Rangers!

Send a message via AIM to Nekz
Man that was an awesome brawl. Thanks for posting it and making me realize how freaking soft this team is.

Old
11-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Block More Shots

Glencross is NOT a dirty player, we've established that. But what he did to Dru was completely against the rules. Whether he meant to do it or not, his hockey awareness was absolute s*** on that play and he deserves a suspension. Personally, I felt like he was anticipating Dru receiving the pass and decided to lay a hit into him. Boy was he ever wrong.

Any team that does not defend their captain after an illegal head shot like that doesn't deserve to be called a team, IMO. The worst the refs do is give the other team a 2-min PP most of the time.

You've got to wonder where this so called "team" is mentally. All I know is that whoever is named Captain while Dru is gone better act like one and get his players in line with him.

Old
11-08-2009, 06:08 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR510 View Post
Toews had the puck. Brouwer then slashed Mitchell and a fight started elsewhere but the refs jumped in quick.

Hedman had the puck. Downie jumped in to defend him immediately.

Booth had just gotten rid of the puck. Everyone tied up, the refs jumped in.

Drury didn't have the puck. Nothing happened.

Just making a point
So because a player has the puck and he takes a headshot,that's OK. Those are clean hits then?

The Booth hit has no place in the NHL. If Richards did not get suspended for that hit,why would Glencross get suspended? Because Drury didn't have the puck?

The OHL has a no headshot rule and it's time for the NHL to have the same rule. If you hit the player in the head in any manner regardless of the players having or not having the puck,you get suspended. Case closed.

Old
11-08-2009, 06:33 PM
lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Quote:
Captain?8 out of 10 people on these boards detest Drury. If Drury has to retire due to concussions,the Rangers get his cap hit off the books. If they place him on LTIR like the Flyers did with Hatcher and are still doing with Rathje,the Rangers can use Drury's money on other players.
Seriously, I'm surprised it took someone that long to point out how ****ed up that is. I'm with Balej on this one, what the hell??

And when it comes down to it, the rulebook doesn't determine what's clean or not. That was a dirty hit, and this team should have been furious.

Old
11-08-2009, 06:49 PM
NY Ranger86

bunch of *******. i dont care if i get a warning for that.

Old
11-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Dan Cloutier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Has Arrived View Post
Glencross is NOT a dirty player, we've established that. But what he did to Dru was completely against the rules. Whether he meant to do it or not, his hockey awareness was absolute s*** on that play and he deserves a suspension. Personally, I felt like he was anticipating Dru receiving the pass and decided to lay a hit into him. Boy was he ever wrong.

Any team that does not defend their captain after an illegal head shot like that doesn't deserve to be called a team, IMO. The worst the refs do is give the other team a 2-min PP most of the time.

You've got to wonder where this so called "team" is mentally. All I know is that whoever is named Captain while Dru is gone better act like one and get his players in line with him.
I agree, but It shouldn't matter who got hit last night or if it were by Glencross or Neil, in that situation you have to make the other team pay. In that situation take the two minute penalty just don't let the other team walk all over you. What the Rangers are doing right now is telling other teams in the league that they can be pushed around with little consequence.

Old
11-08-2009, 07:12 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Quote:
Have you just start watching hockey? Your mommy is calling you because it's past your bedtime.

That was not a cheapshot. So a player getting hit when he didn't have the puck is now a cheapshot. 2 minute interference call.
Get past the grade school insults and have some respect for people. I can guarantee you that Drury's family, friends, and teammates are worrying about Chris, not about what's going to happen to his cap hit.

Embarrassing, truly embarrassing.

Old
11-08-2009, 07:21 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Unless your name is Colton Orr, then it's a major.

Old
11-08-2009, 07:28 PM
The Thomas J.*

The Rangers need to become tough like this.

Old
11-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
The Booth hit has no place in the NHL. If Richards did not get suspended for that hit,why would Glencross get suspended? Because Drury didn't have the puck?
Booth got rid of the puck and .3 seconds later M.Richards hit him. We are talking about .3 seconds per Comcast. Not 3 seconds not 2 and not even 1, 0.3 It was a legal devastating hit. Why would NHL suspend M.Richards when he did not do anything illegal?

Drury on the other hand did not even play the puck.

Old
11-08-2009, 07:44 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

That is how you stand up for your captain.

Embarrassing to watch as a Ranger fan. What a bunch of *******.

11-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Bombtrack

I agree that the team needs to start responding whenever Hank gets run...however, the Drury hit didnt really look like much. None of the officials even saw it

Old
11-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Vito Andolini

Quote:
+ a game misconduct and suspension for blindsiding and headhunting a defenseless hockey player.

I'm not picking up your point. Are you saying that it's not a cheapshot because the NHL doesn't interpret it as a cheapshot? Or because you simply don't think the hit was that big of a deal.

Old
11-08-2009, 08:41 PM
benneyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan444 View Post
That is how you stand up for your captain.

Embarrassing to watch as a Ranger fan. What a bunch of *******.
Exactly. For those of you arguing whether it was legal or not, here's a newsflash - IT DOESN"T MATTER!

When one of your own gets blasted, like Drury did, the team MUST retaliate and send a message. Otherwise, as we've seen with Lundqvist, it becomes a recurring issue.

This team is disgustingly soft, and has been for years. Embarrassing indeed.

Closed Thread