HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How is kyle cumiskey doing?

Old
11-12-2009, 12:56 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 1500
Anyone watch Cumiskey last night? The kid was arguably the best player on the ice for the entire Avalanche team. He jumped into the rush on every chance and had very very few turnovers. I only noticed one questionable play on his part the entire game, while he made 5 or more great plays on the rush. He also limited his turnovers, especially in the neutral zone. He is improving by leaps and bounds every game.

I commented that he was a poor mans Mike Green, but after watching Campbell and Cumiskey in the game last night, i would say they are much more similar in playing style.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

vCash: 500
Cumiskey made a stupid aerial pass while pinching deep on a powerplay which put Patrick Sharp's breakaway into motion.

He started strong in the defensive zone, but faded as the game went on. He's playing with more poise and confidence, and was certainly one of the better Avs last night, but I definitely wouldn't go so far as to say he was the best Av. He's a defenseman first and foremost, and his defensive game still leaves plenty to be desired game in and game out. With this perspective in mind, Hannan and Quincey had better games.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
Cumiskey made a stupid aerial pass while pinching deep on a powerplay which put Patrick Sharp's breakaway into motion.
And Clark should have realized that his d-partner was down low and pinching on the clearing pass would be a poor decision. But even the mighty Quincey had a terrible neutral zone pinch that lead to a goal last night.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekic42 View Post
And Clark should have realized that his d-partner was down low and pinching on the clearing pass would be a poor decision. But even the mighty Quincey had a terrible neutral zone pinch that lead to a goal last night.
Correct. Both items were noted in my recent comments regarding the game.

But that doesn't excuse the face that Cumiskey rushed a pass three feet off the ice that didn't settle until it hit the boards.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post

But that doesn't excuse the face that Cumiskey rushed a pass three feet off the ice that didn't settle until it hit the boards.
I agree, I was just pointing out that there were multiple mistakes made on that play, it wasn't solely Cumiskey's fault.

Old
11-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Cumiskey is trash and should be replaced by Roman Vopat. Stastny should be shifted to LW and the Avs should sign Forsberg and put him on defense, paired up with Foote.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Cumiskey is trash and should be replaced by Roman Vopat. Stastny should be shifted to LW and the Avs should sign Forsberg and put him on defense, paired up with Foote.
Finally some sanity. I like the way you think.

Old
11-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hekic42 View Post
Finally some sanity. I like the way you think.
Thanks for your support, Hekic.

Oh and also, Wolski is a giant bust and should be benched the rest of the year.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 08:05 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 1125
Ok...I know that Cumiskey doesn't have the finesse of some of the greatest NHL offensive d-men but can anyone else see him being the second coming of Ozo at some point? I would love it if he could get his scoring touch at this level. His speed is just too incredible for me to not want him to succeed. Ozo drove me nuts sometimes with how crazy he could be jumping into the play...the only difference is the Ozo I remember converted more of those risky chances into goals for.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Avsboy

Cumiskey is a very fast NHL player who, with enough points this season, could be the most important trade bait we have available. With a huge influx of great, small, young d-men, there's no need for Cumiskey. He's also a liability defensively compared to Liles and probably Shattenkirk, and hasn't really shown any improvement in that area.

Cumiskey definitely has his positives. But Id rather not have to worry about the puck going in when he's on the ice.

Avsboy is offline   Reply With Quote