HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Starting to wonder about Torts

Old
10-24-2009, 08:41 PM
satrabyk

vCash: 500
Starting to wonder about Torts

Wh is Torterella benching Dubinsky. Yes he gave up the puck that led to a goal(yet he got back so hard it was just a perfect pass). I have seen so many mistakes out there tonight by many players whom were not benched. For some reason Torts has something with Dubinsky, ever since i heard him say in the interview on Dubinsky signing with the team, that he has a lot to learn. It is unfortunate because i think he has played great so far. It is frusturating to see the way this is hurting the team by making this move and is evident with three straight icing. Also why is Dubi not on the top line. Lisin seems less effective on the top line as should be normal by having the spotlight on u and having to play with Gaborik.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 08:45 PM
ecemleafs

very perplexing benching. what is dubinsky to learn that he already didnt know? he knows not to turn it over in that situation but it happened and he busted his ass to get back. so lets bench our best center and tire out an inferior product in the 3rd period of a game we should win.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

He's done the same thing with players his entire career. Obviously the big name is Vinny Lecavalier.

Dubinsky should be better. He has the speed, size, hockey IQ and his shot is very, very good. This is how Tortorella treats the players he feels can be better.

Lisin looks fine on the top line. Prospal looks slow.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Wh is Torterella benching Dubinsky. Yes he gave up the puck that led to a goal(yet he got back so hard it was just a perfect pass). I have seen so many mistakes out there tonight by many players whom were not benched. For some reason Torts has something with Dubinsky, ever since i heard him say in the interview on Dubinsky signing with the team, that he has a lot to learn. It is unfortunate because i think he has played great so far. It is frusturating to see the way this is hurting the team by making this move and is evident with three straight icing. Also why is Dubi not on the top line. Lisin seems less effective on the top line as should be normal by having the spotlight on u and having to play with Gaborik.
Torts knows how to get the best out of his players, you got to accept that the guy knows more about how his guys think and work than we do and just trust him, he's making it work so far.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 08:48 PM
blueshirt4lyfe

called accountability.

this isn't renney anymore. not only did he **** up, he almost injured our goaltender.

blueshirt4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 08:51 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshirt4lyfe View Post
called accountability.

this isn't renney anymore. not only did he **** up, he almost injured our goaltender.
drury was ****ing dogging it on the 2nd goal getitng back. guess torts must feel hes a lost cause.

Old
10-24-2009, 08:51 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

Torts did the right thing.

He played terribly tonight and it showed.

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 08:54 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRanger View Post
Torts did the right thing.

He played terribly tonight and it showed.
we were dominating the habs until he benched dubi.

Old
10-24-2009, 08:54 PM
BwayBshirt

Tortorella is setting up Dubinsky for down the road. Plain and simple.

Just a small step for the bigger picture.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 08:55 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
we were dominating the habs until he benched dubi.
And that was the turning point of the game.

The turnover, not the benching. Yes Higgins committed a ****** penalty, and he paid for it too.

Old
10-24-2009, 08:56 PM
bumrusherer

I'd rather see some D-Men benched but, what are you gonna do. he's the coach, you live with it and move on.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 08:57 PM
satrabyk

The last couple comments i can not accept. First of accountability is not singling out a player who has played hard and is are best center by far, and if u think it is, u r dead wrong. Higgins i totally agree with but to bench two guys one so important is nuts. Second this is the NHL and every shift, every point counts, in April when u want playoffs or positioning, does it make sense to lose a game on purpose. I look at this game and it was evident the coach lost it with his actions and his pride. I enjoyed the begenning of the season not only that we were winning but the lines stayed the same. All of sudden we are 7-4 and counting and he is not putting the lines that got us the seven wins back together is crazy.

Old
10-24-2009, 08:59 PM
TheyareGonnaGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumrusherer View Post
I'd rather see some D-Men benched but, what are you gonna do. he's the coach, you live with it and move on.
Yeah but how are you going to choose which D-men to bench?

TheyareGonnaGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
My A@@ setting him up for down the road it is the bully being a bully. Bench Staal he has sucked all season. Dubi would kill for the team there emotional leader got benched he took the heart out of the team Torts sucks i warned u all .

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2009, 09:00 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
The last couple comments i can not accept. First of accountability is not singling out a player who has played hard and is are best center by far, and if u think it is, u r dead wrong. Higgins i totally agree with but to bench two guys one so important is nuts. Second this is the NHL and every shift, every point counts, in April when u want playoffs or positioning, does it make sense to lose a game on purpose. I look at this game and it was evident the coach lost it with his actions and his pride. I enjoyed the begenning of the season not only that we were winning but the lines stayed the same. All of sudden we are 7-4 and counting and he is not putting the lines that got us the seven wins back together is crazy.
Uhh, if you don't send messages now, when do you send them?

This is the best time to send a message.

Old
10-24-2009, 09:01 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
My A@@ setting him up for down the road it is the bully being a bully. Bench Staal he has sucked all season. Dubi would kill for the team there emotional leader got benched he took the heart out of the team Torts sucks i warned u all .
Did not Tortorella give the warning to Dubinsky "You wanted the big bucks, now you earn them"?

Old
10-24-2009, 09:01 PM
bumrusherer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyareGonnaGO View Post
Yeah but how are you going to choose which D-men to bench?
True, they all play weak in their own zone. I guess you give the 2 rookies a longer leash because what they have shown so far is much more than I expected.

The others...you could pick names out of a hat and you wouldnt be wrong. I am sick to death of seeing teams just dominated the middle of our zone and pick up every lose puck or skate freely like they are in some olympic skating competition.
Hit something...please!!

Old
10-24-2009, 09:02 PM
BwayBshirt

P.S.- To all the people who want others benched, believe me their time is coming.

It is not as if Tortorella is gonna stop here. So pipe down.

Old
10-24-2009, 09:03 PM
bumrusherer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWayBShirt View Post
Did not Tortorella give the warning to Dubinsky "You wanted the big bucks, now you earn them"?
To be fair to Dubi, he has done enough this season to be given a longer leash than that. Its not like this has been a recurring theme with his play.

Old
10-24-2009, 09:05 PM
Dagoon44

That is my point Dubi has busted his ass every shift. Bench the captain if u want to make a point he sucks

Old
10-24-2009, 09:06 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWayBShirt View Post
Uhh, if you don't send messages now, when do you send them?

This is the best time to send a message.
What message, u make a mistake and u dont see the ice. That is called bullying not teaching. I could see if this was a common theme but you have to let him kno and put him back on the ice to redeem himself, do u rather see chris drury on the ice all game long, it was a joke.

Old
10-24-2009, 09:08 PM
satrabyk

Big Bucks what does he make 1.7, ru kidding me. DRURY MAKES 6 OR 7 MILLION should i go down the list. He is the best bargain on this team other than Avery who we are paying little of his sallary.

Old
10-24-2009, 09:09 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumrusherer View Post
To be fair to Dubi, he has done enough this season to be given a longer leash than that. Its not like this has been a recurring theme with his play.
It was not just the giveaway. It was a giveaway, that resulted in a reckless backcheck, that turned into a goal, that turned the momentum in the game, that almost killed the player that you cannot replace other than Gaborik.

This is Tortorella's way of making Dubinsky think about his actions and how it all became a huge trickle-down effect.

This is not about a simple mistake. This is about a mistake that could have been utter disaster. Those are the types that no coach wants to tolerate. It is the type you can make a player sit and stew about.

Old
10-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Dagoon44

Well under torts so far

Staal is a terrible defensman who looks lost
Higgins sucks plain and simple
Ludquist is still week as hell glove side. He has given up one bad goal a game for the last 4 games.
Dubinsky is punished and benched thus causing us to lose a heart and soul player for half a game. Not smart just my opinion that he is more of assets then harmful.
Torts can not pull them out of a mid game funk. He is a horrible x and o coach and his screaming act has worn then already.
Lisin made a nice pass tonight but is not a 1 st line player and doesn't deserve to be on the first line. He good in the o-zone but bad in the other 2.
go head rip me apart but makes point when u do it don't just rip me because i am anti Torts

Old
10-24-2009, 09:11 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Big Bucks what does he make 1.7, ru kidding me. DRURY MAKES 6 OR 7 MILLION should i go down the list. He is the best bargain on this team other than Avery who we are paying little of his sallary.
Uhh, who held out of camp? Dubinsky.

Who was very irritated about it? Tortorella.

Seems simple to me.

And again, Drury will get his benching. It is coming and we all can see it.