HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Flames @ Coyotes (12/03/09)

Old
12-03-2009, 01:51 AM
andimgone

vCash: 500
Flames @ Coyotes (12/03/09)

7:30 PM (MST)
TV: PPV (HD)

Game Preview
News: AZ Central | East Valley Tribune
Player Stats: PHO | CGY
NHL Standings

Game Coverage Links
ScoresheetGameCenter Event Summary
Play-by-PlayBox ScoreTOI: PHO CGY

Season Series
Date Winner Score 1st Star
Nov.252-1 Daymond Langkow

Team Comparison
 Phoenix Calgary
Record:
15-11-1 - 31 PTS 17-6-3 - 37 PTS
Conference:
7th 3rd
Division:
3rd 1st
Home:
8-5-0 7-5-0
Away:
7-6-1 10-1-3
GF Avg.:
2.44 (T 25th)3.12 (T 5th)
GA Avg.:
2.41 (5th)2.46 (6th)
PP %:
20.0 (T 17th) 21.6 (T 9th)
PK %:
81.9 (11th)79.4 (17th)
Last 10 GP:
5-4-1 6-2-2

Rosters
Phoenix
Coyotes

Calgary
Flames
ForwardsDefense  Forwards Defense
Paul Bissonnette Adrian Aucoin   Rene Bourque Jay Bouwmeester
Mikkel Boedker Sami Lepisto   Dustin Boyd Mark Giordano
Shane Doan Zbynek Michalek   Craig Conroy Aaron Johnson
Vernon Fiddler David Schlemko   Nigel Dawes Staffan Kronwall
Martin Hanzal Jim Vandermeer   Curtis Glencross Adam Pardy
Lauri Korpikoski Keith Yandle   Jarome Iginla Dion Phaneuf
Robert Lang   Olli Jokinen Robyn Regehr
Matthew Lombardi   Daymond Langkow
Petr Prucha   Brian McGrattan
Taylor Pyatt   David Moss
Scottie Upshall Goalies   Eric Nystrom Goalies
Radim Vrbata Ilya Bryzgalov   Brandon Prust Miikka Kiprusoff
Daniel Winnik Jason LaBarbera   Fredrik Sjostrom Curtis McElhinney

Injured
Phoenix Player Status Calgary Player Status
Ed Jovanovski Questionable   Cory Sarich Questionable
Peter Mueller Day-to-Day    
Kurt Sauer Injured Reserve    

andimgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 04:00 AM
YouJustGotPavelskied

Bryzy playing tonight?

YouJustGotPavelskied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:29 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouJustGotPavelskied View Post
Bryzy playing tonight?
I would say so considering the long layoff and the fact there are no back to backs in the very near future. Hopefully fare a bit better than when the boys played in Calgary but the Flames are an awesome road team...I think they have only lost once on the road the whole season.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Let's see if the Yotes can give them road loss #2. Amazing we only loss by 1 to this team in our first meeting in what should have been a tie at the end of the 3rd.
I'm more worried by what JayBo Jerome Kipper and Dion will do to this team when hot than the others, if we can shut then down then we have a chance.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Krieger99

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
I would say so considering the long layoff and the fact there are no back to backs in the very near future. Hopefully fare a bit better than when the boys played in Calgary but the Flames are an awesome road team...I think they have only lost once on the road the whole season.
Only one regulation loss, but they have OT/SO losses as well. Overall is 10-1-3 on the road. The Flames' last game in Nashville was their first 60 minute effort so far this season. It should be interesting to see if they bring the same game again tonight. If they do, Bryzgalov will have to stand on his head. If they don't, then who knows what will happen. Any team can win on any night (as long as they're playing, of course).

Krieger99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:58 AM
OMA

Hopefully we get a good game tonight... I'm hoping that Calgary doesn't look past this game to their showdown with SJ on Saturday night. If they do, I'd expect a very respectable Phoenix squad to get the W tonight. Calgary is getting Bourque back tonight and he's expected to suit up between Iginla (NHL's November player of the month) and Jokinen (15 pts in his last 13 games). Coyotes need to find a way to stop that line. They also need to find a way to get a lot of traffic in front of Kipper who has been red hot as of late (8-2-2 record in November with a .957sv and a 1.82GAA)

OT: What in the world has happened to Peter Mueller? I watched the guy rip it up in the WHL and he looked like gold in his rookie year. Was it Gretzky's coaching or something else that has stagnated his development? He looked lost when I watched that 'Yotes/Flames game last week.

OMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:10 AM
krepitch
Coyote Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMA View Post
Hopefully we get a good game tonight... I'm hoping that Calgary doesn't look past this game to their showdown with SJ on Saturday night. If they do, I'd expect a very respectable Phoenix squad to get the W tonight. Calgary is getting Bourque back tonight and he's expected to suit up between Iginla (NHL's November player of the month) and Jokinen (15 pts in his last 13 games). Coyotes need to find a way to stop that line. They also need to find a way to get a lot of traffic in front of Kipper who has been red hot as of late (8-2-2 record in November with a .957sv and a 1.82GAA)

OT: What in the world has happened to Peter Mueller? I watched the guy rip it up in the WHL and he looked like gold in his rookie year. Was it Gretzky's coaching or something else that has stagnated his development? He looked lost when I watched that 'Yotes/Flames game last week.
I'm hoping for a good game, too. I think we'll get it if Phoenix plays as well as they did in their last home game and Calgary keeps up its tremendous play on the road. That Iginla/Bourque/Jokinen line will be tough, but I don't think they'll be able to light us up like they would have in past years. Should be fun to watch.

No local broadcast, but it looks like it will be on Center Ice.

krepitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 12:01 PM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouJustGotPavelskied View Post
Bryzy playing tonight?
From Coyotes.com:

Quote:
Ilya Bryzgalov is expected to make his eighth straight start in goal.
http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/preview.htm?id=2009020406&navid=DL|PHX|home

AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 12:28 PM
lockstock

Thanks for the great GDTs, JT!
Everytime I try to find a game that's been lost on the VS network, I go to their GDTs on here to find the channel and get frustrated because they usually don't have all that info.

Hoping for the shutout, but I think it'll be 3-1 Yotes

lockstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 02:31 PM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMA View Post
We're asking ourselves that very same question and not coming up with an answer. He had a head injury in his sophomore season and looks to be deeply-entrenched in coach Tippett's dog house so far this campaign. He doesn't look confident with the puck, poor decisions, etc.

The swagger he had that gave him success on the world stage in junior and in his rookie campaign against NHL-calibre players appears to have evaporated.

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 04:13 PM
knowsthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgyotes View Post
We're asking ourselves that very same question and not coming up with an answer. He had a head injury in his sophomore season and looks to be deeply-entrenched in coach Tippett's dog house so far this campaign. He doesn't look confident with the puck, poor decisions, etc.

The swagger he had that gave him success on the world stage in junior and in his rookie campaign against NHL-calibre players appears to have evaporated.
As coach Tippet said - Mueller is waiting for someone to give him the puck, but sometimes you have to go get it yourself.

Mueller has a great shot, but he is reluctant to shoot, has size, but won't use it to give or especially take a hit to make a play or get the puck.
It's not about figuring things out - it's about the willingness to compete.

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 06:51 PM
GalenYote

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
As coach Tippet said - Mueller is waiting for someone to give him the puck, but sometimes you have to go get it yourself.

Mueller has a great shot, but he is reluctant to shoot, has size, but won't use it to give or especially take a hit to make a play or get the puck.
It's not about figuring things out - it's about the willingness to compete.
Sorry for the movie reference but,

Petter Muller is acting like Ferris Bueller. He is skipping out on his responsibilities and avoiding confrontations. He is not doing anything really constructive or really destructive either. He is just out having fun. We need to get him angry like Cameron did and just smash the snot out of somebody. We have seen JovoCop and “Angry Doan”
but we have only seen Ferris Muller. I want to see “Peter Muller’s Tear Off” and hit somebody. I want to see him get angry and pepper a goalie till he cries mercy and the coach pulls him. I would love to see him crash then net with a defender, goalie and puck stuffed inside. To the hell with confidence I want to see him angry and mean. A fight would do nicely. That should get him out of his funk, or at least he shows he is willing to fight for Icetime.

GalenYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 50
Just an FYI. The Vancouver Canucks will be showing this game as the second game of a double header in their PPV game tonight.

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Standing outside of Jobing.com Arena were a high school band is playing and with the gathering crowd the flames fans are outnumbering us 10 to 1.
That is depressing as the band playing Michael Jacksons Thriller.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:34 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I would love some scouting reports from those able to watch. I'm especially interested in if and how Mueller, Pyatt, Korpikoski, and Bissonnette play. Thanks.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:40 PM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Standing outside of Jobing.com Arena were a high school band is playing and with the gathering crowd the flames fans are outnumbering us 10 to 1.
That's pretty much how it was last year, too. So many flames fans, I'm surprised the team doesn't price those as "red" games like the Detroit ones.

Sucks it's not on TV. I understand not showing Saturday games, but on week nights, it's tough. No way I could make it in person.

I love watching Iginla play. He's everything I like about Doan, with twice the skill.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:41 PM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I would love some scouting reports from those able to watch. I'm especially interested in if and how Mueller, Pyatt, Korpikoski, and Bissonnette play. Thanks.
Way OT, but... how's the new job?

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:42 PM
yakko

Quote:
If my DVR doesn't betray me, I will be watching later tonight or during the day tomorrow.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 50
Coyotes/Flames Preview is up. No Local TV but I'm going to provide Twitter analysis to see if people want it.

http://coyotes.azvibe.com/2009/12/03...lames-preview/

Quote:
Aren't you going to watch the game?

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:48 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
Way OT, but... how's the new job?
Thanks for asking. No complaints, really. I just finished day four of a fifteen day training period, though, so it's not like I've actually done anything. I've just sat around for nine hours a day watching corporate trainers scramble to waste/fill time in order to justify their existence. Wow, that sounds an awful lot like a complaint, but honestly, it doesn't really bother me. I'm in it for the free school and the health benefits. Beyond that, I don't really care what I do with my day. I'd happily be the bathroom attendant if they asked me.

Mostly I'm just using the time to attempt to beat the casual swearing out of myself. Also, I'm really working on my ability to feign something resembling enthusiasm and cloak my utter indifference. It's a process. It's my first time in a cubical farm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
If my DVR doesn't betray me, I will be watching later tonight or during the day tomorrow.
Cool. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Aren't you going to watch the game?
It's not on television and I'm a poor. I plan to start going to games on a regular basis after the new year, though.

Old
12-03-2009, 08:01 PM
PhoPhan

Don't ever let anyone beat the casual swearing out of you. Ever.

PhoPhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:12 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
Don't ever let anyone beat the casual swearing out of you. Ever.
I'll say something in an HF/HR appropriate way, here. There is a certain religious faith that dominates the landscape at the University of Phoenix in Arizona. This particular faith is particularly offended by any swearing what so ever. If you look up UoP on wikipedia, and scroll down to the scandals section of the article, you will see what I mean. I encourage you to follow those links, as well.

EDIT: Check that, it's the second to last sentence in the Legal and regulatory actions
section of the article. Follow that link, as I'm not sure you are familiar with that faith in Philly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Phoenix

I find it particularly ironic given that the founder of UoP, John Sterling, is a huge marijuana advocate. Also, he has spent a fortune attempting to clone pets, and is big into "biological immortality". Just doesn't seem to jibe with views of ultra-conservative, die-hard religious types.

Last edited by rt: 12-03-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old
12-03-2009, 08:23 PM
yakko

Quote:
I'll say something in an HF/HR appropriate way, here.
You eventually have to learn to have modes of speaking depending on the audience. I talk to friends at one extreme, coworkers somewhere in the middle and clients at the other extreme. It's tough at first, but at this point for me it is second nature. That might be kind of sad actually

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:45 PM
SR

link to the game, good quality too.

http://www.justin.tv/nhl_live/popout/?publisher_guard=

SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:54 PM
DouX
Keeping Arizona Icy

Yotes look good so far. Keep up the pressure.

DouX is offline   Reply With Quote