HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

GDT: Bruins @ Habs l Gm.4 l 4-3 Bruins (2OT) l Bruins Lead 3-1

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2004, 11:49 PM
Boardish

vCash: 500
OH PLEASE STOP. That was slashing, that goal SHOUDN'T HAVE BEEN SCORED.

Old
04-13-2004, 11:51 PM
Steve L*

Souray said "It was a nothing Slash".

Make of it what you will.

Old
04-14-2004, 12:02 AM
Sonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
Souray said "It was a nothing Slash".

Make of it what you will.
You must have heard wrong. He said "It was Slash from Guns 'n Roses".

Old
04-14-2004, 12:03 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Karma Karma Karma...

... Karma Canadiens!

Kovalev was too concerned selling an "injury." Ribiero's antics and miraculous recovery and now this... they get what they deserve.
Allowing a goal with :22 secs left to blow the win and losing the game... how do you say karma in francois?

And I'm sure Kovy will be missing practice but somehow play in Game 5.

Old
04-14-2004, 12:31 AM
Natural Habs Fan

Slash a guy's composite stick and break it, you get a penalty.
Slash a guy's wrist, you win the game.

Great job refs!

Old
04-14-2004, 12:45 AM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan

Great job refs!

Blame Mike Ribiero

$5 says Kovy claims to have a pinched never.

Old
04-14-2004, 12:48 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

When I saw it at full speed, I thought it was a slash on the unprotected wrist.

When I saw a replay, I thought it looked more like he was hit on the glove by the flat of the blade.

Arguably it should have been a penalty, but to me it didn't look it would cause a guy to run around waving his hand in pain. Personally, my guess is that he was embellishing it to get a call. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't, but after the incident in game 3 can you blame the referees for not wanting to be made fools of again?

Old
04-14-2004, 12:49 AM
Natural Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
Blame Mike Ribiero

I know... but you can't help but wonder what the refs are thinking about the whole slashing of the stick thing, meanwhile letting slashing of the wrist go uncalled.

I didn't even want a penalty, refs shoulda blown a whistle to stop play.

I bet if Kovy would have dropped to the ice we would have seen a different result.

Old
04-14-2004, 12:49 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
Blame Mike Ribiero

$5 more says he misses practice tomorrow due to an "upper body injury."

Old
04-14-2004, 12:51 AM
paxtang

Since when do slashes like that get called in the 2nd OT in the playoffs? Good noncall there, it hit Kovalev's glove not his wrist, and he was trying to sell it. Poetic justice.

Old
04-14-2004, 12:53 AM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:

Great job refs!

So I guess the composite stick that Green uses didn't hurt nearly as much as Kovalev made it out to. I really don't think that hurt Kovalev, the blade of Green's stick touches Kovalev's glove. Now I do think it could be called a slashing penalty but Kovalev and every other player in this league knows that the refs put the whistle in their pockets come playoff time during overtime. Kovalev shouldn't have acted like he did in order to draw a penalty, simple as that. Hell even Sheldon Souray said it wasn't much of a slash. This can all go back to Mike Ribeiro antics in game 3, Montreal is now in every single refs book of fakers.

KARMA!!!

Old
04-14-2004, 12:53 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
There's your Ribeiro karma right there. Kovalev needs to focus on the game and not try to sell penalties to the ref.
BINGO.

If I'm a Habs' fan or player, My anger is directed squarely at Kovalev. As usual, the refs are a predictable and incorrect excuse. Doesn't matter if your hand is falling off, play until the whistle blows and get the puck out of danger's way, especially if you are the last line of defense standing between the opposition and your goaltender.

Last edited by Trottier: 04-14-2004 at 12:57 AM.
Old
04-14-2004, 12:55 AM
Pantherfemme

Send a message via AIM to Pantherfemme Send a message via Yahoo to Pantherfemme
I know how to say something in francois but its not about karma :mad: hahahahaha

Gooooooo Bruins!!!!!!

(thats what you get for booing the national anthem)

Old
04-14-2004, 01:04 AM
Sonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
BINGO.

If I'm a Habs' fan or player, My anger is directed squarely at Kovalev. As usual, the refs are a predictable and incorrect excuse. Doesn't matter if your hand is falling off, play until the whistle blows and get the puck out of danger's way, especially if you are the last line of defense standing between the opposition and your goaltender.
Kovalev played a great game. You can't blame him on some "supposed" acting.

If Ribeiro got an oscar for his acting, it doesn't mean everybody else are doing movies... (and I know about Kovy's fake during playoffs against Nordiques...)

Old
04-14-2004, 01:10 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:

Great job refs!

Blow a two goal lead to a better team....lose the game.

Good job Bruins.

Old
04-14-2004, 01:18 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik
Kovalev played a great game. You can't blame him on some "supposed" acting.

If Ribeiro got an oscar for his acting, it doesn't mean everybody else are doing movies... (and I know about Kovy's fake during playoffs against Nordiques...)
His own coach and teammates apparently disagree with you. From the AP post-game story tonight:

"I think that when the referees don't call a penalty on a play, you can't stop playing," Julien said. "They decided not to call it and then they collided. Murray got the breakaway and he doesn't miss many of those.
"It's a crappy way to lose a game"
Souray also felt Kovalev should have been more concerned about playing the puck.
"It's crazy," Souray said. "I was just caught by surprise that he left the puck there and there was no one behind me. It's frustrating that it happened right now, in a game that was so important."

I respect your difference of opinion, but having followed Kovalev closely, since he was drafted more than a decade ago, tonight's selfish, untimely act doesn't surprise me in the least. Brilliant skills, dubious hockey I.Q.

Last edited by Trottier: 04-14-2004 at 01:25 AM.
Old
04-14-2004, 01:18 AM
THORNTON19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
ok deal.

I take a stick, slash your hand, hard enuff to break it, then your next reaction is to play the ball(we will do it on concrete, easier for you) and watch you kick the ball out of the way, when it's clearly obvious the ref was stearing at the play when he got slashed.

Since when does a penalty get called on the severity of the injury and if he fall down in agony, I thought yif you use your stick like an axe, that's a slashing penalty.
Open your eyes the next time they show the slash.....it's on his GLOVE (which protects him from injury) and isn't even hard......your own damn players and coach say it was a **** up by kovalev........DEAL WITH IT......YOUR TEAM IS NOTHING BUT ACTORS!!!!

Old
04-14-2004, 01:24 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
If I'm a Habs' fan or player, My anger is directed squarely at Kovalev.
My anger (well maybe not anger, let's say disapointment) right now is directed mostly at Jose Theodore. He's the one responsible for most of the losing part. Habs have outplayed the B's 3 games in a row, yet the only reasons this is not 3-1 in favor of Montreal are Raycroft (superb goaltending) and Theodore (1-2 stinkers a night). This game should not have gone to OT. Nor the 2nd one for that matter.

But right now, Raycroft is pulling a Theodore while Theodore is pulling a Dafoe. Did I wake up in Bizarro world?

Old
04-14-2004, 01:27 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
BINGO.

Yeah he should have done something, anything to make sure the puck was out of danger; no matter how much pain he was in. Personally, I've got to think that he was trying to sell the call because he has to have been slashed just as hard or harder in many previous occasions, but yet, you haven't seen him just stop in the middle of a play(like that). I could be wrong, but unless he has a completely shattered wrist, then he should have been able to play that.

Old
04-14-2004, 01:53 AM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
My anger (well maybe not anger, let's say disapointment) right now is directed mostly at Jose Theodore. He's the one responsible for most of the losing part. Habs have outplayed the B's 3 games in a row, yet the only reasons this is not 3-1 in favor of Montreal are Raycroft (superb goaltending) and Theodore (1-2 stinkers a night). This game should not have gone to OT. Nor the 2nd one for that matter.

But right now, Raycroft is pulling a Theodore while Theodore is pulling a Dafoe. Did I wake up in Bizarro world?
It's even more frustrating since Theodore is paid (and thinks of himself) as the best player on the team. He's currently one of the worse.

Old
04-14-2004, 02:02 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
It's even more frustrating since Theodore is paid (and thinks of himself) as the best player on the team. He's currently one of the worse.
He's the worse by a fair margin. All the others (aside from game one) have come to play and compete in these playoffs. They actually outplayed the Bruins. But Theodore is looking atrocious out there. I've defended Theo when he was wrongly criticized, but he needs to give his head a shake for the dismal performance he gave us thus far. 6M per? Not worthy of that steep price right now.

Old
04-14-2004, 07:36 AM
Big Bill

Send a message via ICQ to Big Bill Send a message via MSN to Big Bill
I saw the play and as a Rags fan, I thought it was acting, plain and simple. Even on NHL 2Night, Melrose and Chicken Parm were almost laughing saying this was deserved due to Ribiero's acting. Melrose said what Ribiero did was emarassment to hockey and Kovalev tried the same thing and payed for it. He then said something like "you get what you deserve" Ferraro agreed saying the slash was WEAK and hit him on the leg and hand (which I do not know is true or not) and it was an obvious embellishment.

To me I think Kovalev was acting big time looking for a call. but what the F was he thnking letting the pcuk go and then crashing into Souray? It is mind baffling. What an absolute idiot. That sums up Kovalev right there. Unbelievable skill, scores 3 goals in 2 games, plays great then has a brain fart and crucial giveaway

Old
04-14-2004, 07:37 AM
HockeyGoddess

Interestingly enough, Travis Green was chopped in the back of the legs in the Bruins defensive zone less than a half a minute before Kovalev got tapped on the hand. Green went down to the ice from the chop, but still kept playing and lunged to get the puck out of the B's defensive zone... he got up, tapped Kovalev, Kovalev checked Souray while trying to draw a penalty, and Murray broke in on Theodore for the win. Game over.

If you're going to beef about the non-call on Kovalev, then I suggest you also beef about the non-call on Green mere seconds before. Neither were called. The difference, Green kept playing. Kovalev didn't, and it cost his team the game.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
04-14-2004, 07:46 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

maybe due to Riberio possibly calling wolf the night before, the ref wasn't going to be as quick to the whistle for the Habs

Old
04-14-2004, 07:48 AM
MojoJojo

As if it isnt obvious already, Habs fans who say they got robbed by the refs are a bunch of blind homers. I dont care one way or the other which team wins this series (OK, I would prefer Boston, because then we play them instead of the Leafs/Sens next round), so thats one more unbiased opinion.

Closed Thread