HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

GDT: Bruins @ Habs l Gm.4 l 4-3 Bruins (2OT) l Bruins Lead 3-1

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2004, 06:40 PM
BruinsGirl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
Yeah it's frustrating, but I am impressed with how competitive and entertaining this series has been. It could as easily be 3-1 the other way, it has been that close. I have a new appreciation for the heart of these young Hab players, and I like what I see in the young core who will be around for a while. I also am very impressed with Raycroft, he has carried on where he left off in the regular season with a stellar series to date.

So, all in all, I would rather be 2-2 than down 3-1, but there is still life in them there Habs and next game I don't expect them to take lying down. After all, in 10 matchups this season, all but one have been decided by one goal, so I don't see that changing next game. These two teams are fairly evenly matched...size vs speed with the edge going to the hottest goalie du jour.
That's a spirit!!!

Old
04-14-2004, 07:03 PM
Skiblitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBlancRouge
Doesn't make it any better really...

I don't post all that often but I figure I'll throw in my two cents on this one. As a Habs fan, obviously I was livid at first (I mean who wouldn't be given the situation). Now that I've had my cool down time and have watched the replay several times I've drawn a few conclusions. I haven't really read all the posts regarding this so I may or may not sound like a broken record but here goes.

If I take out a gun and fire a shot aimed at someone's head yet only graze his ear, does that mean I should get away with it? Does Travis Green slash Alexei Kovalev? Absolutely, and don't give me this "I was going for his stick" garbage. Does it warrant a penalty? In regulation, I would think Green would get a minor. Then again, it does cost us the game in double overtime. However, thanks to Mike Ribeiro's absolutely embarrassing display in game 3, the Habs will not be as lucky the second time.

Was Kovalev hurt? I think it's possible but he could be fine for all we know. I honestly don't think he would have pulled the embelisshing stunt after Ribeiro had pulled a dive the game before. If I was Kovalev, I dive on the puck or kick it out, anything but leave it there. Nobody at fault but him. Do I run him out of town for it? Of course I don't, he's the best goal scorer we have and he's proving why Gainey went out and got him.

Now I'm pretty sure Brisebois went for a change when Kovalev had control of the puck (could be wrong). If there's one thing I don't do, in double OT no less, is head for the bench when the puck is in my zone. I'm having as big a problem with that as Kovalev not clearing the puck. If Brisebois doesn't change, at least he's still back once Murray has control of the puck. You see Rivet coming off the bench, but by then Murray's hit full stride, way too far ahead of Rivet.

Nearly 24 hours after the fact, I'm not all that mad anymore. Given the fact that this is a rebuilding team (with quite a few prospects on the way) and to have dominated the Bruins for three of the four games, I'm impressed. Of course Raycroft is doing to us with Theodore did to the B's two years ago. Absolutely awesome goaltending. I love Ryder as much as the next Habs fan, but Raycroft gets the Calder no questions about it. Second to Belfour in terms of playoff 'tending. As for Theodore...well he's pulling a Dafoe from two years ago. For the highest paid player in Canadiens history to be giving up a softie per game...well he did play very well in the overtimes last night.

I'm not giving up hope yet, we can do the impossible, but there certainly is no margin for error to say the least.

Using your same (twisted) logic, Kovalev might not even have been involved on the play since about 47 seconds before Green was slashed on the back of his legs, fell down AND GOT UP to finish his defensive play even thought no penalty was called as should have been....So we would have had a Boston PP and Kovalev on the bench ( if he was not the one who slashed).... Like History, hockey game recaps do not like "if's"...

Old
04-14-2004, 07:11 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBruinmaker
This issue here shouldn't be about the penalty, refs of anything else but the fact that this was a double OT game the Canadiens BADLY needed and Kovalev put his head down and gave up on the play. I mean, it's not like he suffered a broken bone as the result a wild swing or two hander. And even so, when you're talking a critical OT game and the puck is in a danger zone, you do everything possible to follow through on the play. The bottom line is what Kovalev did was a sin and there's no excuse for it. He showed his true colors and the Habs paid the price for it.

From my view, all this talk from Canadiens fans is really more about the utter disappointment of seeing your team lose is such a freakin lame way. If it was my team, I would be shocked and pissed. Nobody wants to go out like that, you want to go down fighting.
Yip, agree. I'd be totally p/o too if Naslund didn't somehow kick the puck with his feet (or do 'something') if his hand was hurt. It was a very very disappointing ending to a game that the Canadiens probably should/could have won.

Old
04-14-2004, 08:26 PM
Mackee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiblitz
Using your same (twisted) logic, Kovalev might not even have been involved on the play since about 47 seconds before Green was slashed on the back of his legs, fell down AND GOT UP to finish his defensive play even thought no penalty was called as should have been....So we would have had a Boston PP and Kovalev on the bench ( if he was not the one who slashed).... Like History, hockey game recaps do not like "if's"...
Fair enough. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Old
04-14-2004, 09:28 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
Just because Habs are playing good for once for couple of periods and not outshot like crazy (2001 - 2002) doesn't mean they are dominating and should necessary win!
actualy we have out played you guys for the last 3 games,
the only thing im dissapointed in is the play of theo.
that being said it takes 4 to win a series not 3 so its not over, if theo decides to comeout and match raycroft nevermind play better montreal could win this series.
im not being a homer or anything but this series could have easily been 3-1 habs right now, but we have our own players to blame that its 3-1 bruins.

Old
04-14-2004, 09:50 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
actualy we have out played you guys for the last 3 games,
the only thing im dissapointed in is the play of theo.
that being said it takes 4 to win a series not 3 so its not over, if theo decides to comeout and match raycroft nevermind play better montreal could win this series.
im not being a homer or anything but this series could have easily been 3-1 habs right now, but we have our own players to blame that its 3-1 bruins.
Could, whould, should....

Who knows if Ribeiro didn't fall down B's could've tied the game #3...who knows?

By the way what would happen if Boston decides to play better with Thornton is Nylander getting healthier? What if they won't fall down by several goals? I was watching B's whole year and yes...they are fully capable to play better too.

Old
04-14-2004, 09:57 PM
HabsBaby18*

here is a picture of kovalev hand ... The article is in french .. Basically he is saying that the slash was very painful and that he is the only who can juge the situation .. I don't ghave time to translate the other stuff

Le Canadien a pris la direction de Boston en après-midi en tentant d'oublier la frustrante défaite de mardi. Le Canadien fera face à l'élimination jeudi à Boston mais rares étaient ceux qui avaient envie de discuter du match sans lendemain. Dans le vestiaire, vous vous doutez sans doute que le principal sujet de conversation tournait autour d'Alex Kovalev et du but gagnant inscrit par Glen Murray.

La main droite enroulée de pansement, l'attaquant du Tricolore répète que le coup porté par Travis Green a été très douloureux et que lui seul peut juger la situation et pour ceux qui se posent la question, Kovalev sera en mesure d'affronter les Bruins.

Après la troisième défaite, Kovalev avait été pointé du doigt par son équipier Sheldon Souray, lui qui dans les faits, n'a pas été beaucoup plus brillant sur le jeu. Quelques heures plus tard, le défenseur affirme que ses propos ne visaient pas directement Kovalev. Même son de cloche du côté de Claude Julien qui assure n'avoir jamais voulu blâmer le numéro 27 et qui de toute façon ne veut pas revenir sur l'incident
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HOCKEYLNHCAN407DC109.jpg‎ (5.6 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by HabsBaby18: 04-14-2004 at 10:00 PM.
Old
04-14-2004, 10:06 PM
Tracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsBaby18
here is a picture of kovalev hand ... The article is in french .. Basically he is saying that the slash was very painful and that he is the only who can juge the situation .. I don't ghave time to translate the other stuff

Le Canadien a pris la direction de Boston en après-midi en tentant d'oublier la frustrante défaite de mardi. Le Canadien fera face à l'élimination jeudi à Boston mais rares étaient ceux qui avaient envie de discuter du match sans lendemain. Dans le vestiaire, vous vous doutez sans doute que le principal sujet de conversation tournait autour d'Alex Kovalev et du but gagnant inscrit par Glen Murray.

La main droite enroulée de pansement, l'attaquant du Tricolore répète que le coup porté par Travis Green a été très douloureux et que lui seul peut juger la situation et pour ceux qui se posent la question, Kovalev sera en mesure d'affronter les Bruins.

Après la troisième défaite, Kovalev avait été pointé du doigt par son équipier Sheldon Souray, lui qui dans les faits, n'a pas été beaucoup plus brillant sur le jeu. Quelques heures plus tard, le défenseur affirme que ses propos ne visaient pas directement Kovalev. Même son de cloche du côté de Claude Julien qui assure n'avoir jamais voulu blâmer le numéro 27 et qui de toute façon ne veut pas revenir sur l'incident
What exactly is this wrap around his hand covering, besides nothing? If there's a bruise, he would gladly show it off to save face don't you think? Just makes him look like more of an idiot imo.

Old
04-14-2004, 10:51 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
Could, whould, should....

Who knows if Ribeiro didn't fall down B's could've tied the game #3...who knows?

By the way what would happen if Boston decides to play better with Thornton is Nylander getting healthier? What if they won't fall down by several goals? I was watching B's whole year and yes...they are fully capable to play better too.
i never said anything about would should did you even read my post?
i never gave a senario either what were you replying about?
all i said is this series is 3-1 b's not 3-1 habs and i said the only reason it is that way is the dissapointing play of theodore. he's let in at least 6 softies this series.
as for the senario that you gave thats a big "if" but the reality is theodore sucked that game and we still won.
next time try to understand what i'm getting at before you reply its a team game and theo the player is losing it for our team as a whole.

Last edited by #44_delivers: 04-14-2004 at 10:59 PM.
Old
04-15-2004, 04:52 PM
Fortex10

Bruins are realizing how much better Habs are than them so they have to cheapshot to win.

IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM SLASH THEM!!

Bruins are leading because : bad refereeing, Miraculous saves by Raycroft, cheapshots and Theo sucks....

Old
04-15-2004, 05:13 PM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortex10
Bruins are realizing how much better Habs are than them so they have to cheapshot to win.

IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM SLASH THEM!!

Bruins are leading because : bad refereeing, Miraculous saves by Raycroft, cheapshots and Theo sucks....
Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.... sorry, but you're kidding yourself if you actually believe that there aren't NUMEROUS slashes EXACTLY like the one that Green gave to Kovalev in each and every game.

The difference is that OTHER players play through those little love taps instead of acting like they've just been dismembered and put on an acting clinic trying to draw a penalty.

If the other team is pressuring your goaltender, fall to the ice and act like the world is caving in on your head (a la Ribeiro).

It hasn't been "bad refereeing" as much as it's been bad acting by two of the Habs players. Had Ribeiro not pulled the stunt he did in the waning seconds of Game 3, the refs probably would have been more likely to call the slash on Kovalev, even though it WAS a very weak slash. Then again, after the uncalled takedown a Hab put on Travis Green shortly before that "heinous slash" by Green on Kovalev, it would have been completely pathetic had they called the slash.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
04-15-2004, 07:08 PM
Leaf_Crazy

Classy Bruins fans, cheering the Canadian National Anthem

Closed Thread