HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

New Blue Jackets talk show

Old
11-16-2009, 12:48 PM
bk84

vCash: 500
New Blue Jackets talk show

Besides Breakfast with the Blue Jackets, which airs for one hour every Sunday morning, there is no other CBJ talk show in the greater Columbus area. I want to change that. I'm looking for ideas for a name, topical arrangements, content, production jingles, etc. that I could use in my upcoming show. I would like it to be podcasted at least once a week (if not twice) on iTunes, MySpace, Facebook, etc. With that information, let me know what you think

bk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 12:56 PM
skimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk84 View Post
Besides Breakfast with the Blue Jackets, which airs for one hour every Sunday morning, there is no other CBJ talk show in the greater Columbus area. I want to change that. I'm looking for ideas for a name, topical arrangements, content, production jingles, etc. that I could use in my upcoming show. I would like it to be podcasted at least once a week (if not twice) on iTunes, MySpace, Facebook, etc. With that information, let me know what you think
I think "The Ken Hitchcock Show" has a nice ring to it.

skimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 01:22 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

97.1 has a live call-in show with Hitch and Jeff Rimer/Scott Torgerson every Wednesday from 6-7. The Dispatch also has the Cannon Fodder podcast once a week.

That said, the more CBJ coverage in town, the better. I'll think of ideas tonight...maybe another fan interaction thing with a player or other person related to the team each week?

Last edited by CBJSprague24: 11-16-2009 at 01:27 PM. Reason: forgot the Dispatch's podcast
CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Skraut

NO! This will take time away from my precious Buckeyes talk. How else will I find out if Jim Tressel has bought a new sweater vest, or what Terrelle Pryor's second cousin had for dinner last night. You can't take time away from the important things in life to talk Hockey.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 01:59 PM
blahblah

Take a deep breath Skraut. He/She did say it would be podcasted! You would be able to listen and not take away from exciting OSU Football talk. In Feb.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Take a deep breath Skraut. He/She did say it would be podcasted! You would be able to listen and not take away from exciting OSU Football talk. In Feb.
Phew, For a sec the I thought the windbags on "The Fan" would have to do some research, and I wouldn't want them to come down with a career ending strained brain from trying to think of something intelligent to say about the Jackets.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 02:43 PM
GoodVybes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
Phew, For a sec the I thought the windbags on "The Fan" would have to do some research, and I wouldn't want them to come down with a career ending strained brain from trying to think of something intelligent to say about the Jackets.
Obviously you have never listened to the Fan, cause a brain injury is the last thing these guys have to worry about. There is no there there.

There is enough internet media coverage of the team. Another podcast would be nice, but I would suggest working with WTVN or that other sports station (they must be doing great) on a daily dedicated half hour segement.

GoodVybes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Matt

Last hour of Dave Metzold's sports show Sunday Mornings on WTVN (610 AM)is all hockey. Starts at 11:00. Usually starts off with a blue Jacket interview.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote