HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Game #15 | Tuesday, Nov. 10th, 7:30PM - Edmonton @ Ottawa - Ottawa wins in SO 4-3!

Old
11-11-2009, 02:05 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Cheechoo Fisher Kovalev had a game, Kovalev looked more comfortable in his natural position.
I honestly thought Kovalev had one of his best games as a Senator and I forgot to mention it.

He made a couple of turnovers but he was usually found behind the goal-line getting the puck back after. He was also battling alot more along the boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Lines 2 3 and 4 score and we get the win. How many times did we say that last year?
We also had a ton of offensive pressure and simply couldn't put the puck in.

In other games, we might have had a 2 or 3 goal lead coming out of that first period.

I don't think we played a great game, but we were good in the offensive zone and we dominated the zone for shifts at a time.

That's one nice surprise this year - between Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson and Cheechoo-Fisher-Kovalev, we have two very strong cycling lines. It can really help wear down the opposition, and when the reffing finally turns our way, we should be generating PP chances out of it as well. (No PP? Again? When's the last time we had more PPs than the opposing team?)

And the other two aren't bad either.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 02:20 PM
enviro61

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
I recall him just giving the puck to the other team last night under no pressure whatsoever.

OT is all about puck possession.

He's not a puck handler and it basically means that he's unable to provide offensive support in a 4 on 4 situation.

He has his strengths and weaknesses, but 4 on 4 is not a strength.

Sorry.

A guy like Chris Phillips is able to adapt his game to the open ice and emphasis on counter-attack. Hopefully Carkner can improve.
yeah that is where I commented in a previous post that when he is all alone in the neutral zone and with noone to pass it to he always dumps or banks it. He lacks the offensive confidence to carry it up on his own

enviro61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 03:04 AM
Polakdave
Official Sens' Polak

Send a message via AIM to Polakdave Send a message via MSN to Polakdave Send a message via Yahoo to Polakdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe Cookies View Post
Empty net goals too?
Shouldn't have left

Polakdave is offline   Reply With Quote