HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Game #15 | Tuesday, Nov. 10th, 7:30PM - Edmonton @ Ottawa - Ottawa wins in SO 4-3!

Old
11-10-2009, 11:48 AM
dizzi

vCash:
I'm here to show my support for Pascal Leclaire.

Old
11-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

vCash: 500
Leaving Alfredsson on the top line is stupid. Fisher is useless without Alfredsson but gets a point a game with him. The Spezza line was just as good with Cheechoo on the wing instead of Alfie. (see the points production). Kovalev will have another terrible game, Fisher pointless, Foligno useless. At least winchester is out.
No Donovan, eh?
Bad line management.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Matt The Ace
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dred View Post
Leaving Alfredsson on the top line is stupid. Fisher is useless without Alfredsson but gets a point a game with him. The Spezza line was just as good with Cheechoo on the wing instead of Alfie. (see the points production). Kovalev will have another terrible game, Fisher pointless, Foligno useless. At least winchester is out.
No Donovan, eh?
Bad line management.
If nothing gets done early I am sure Cory Clouston will change it up.

Matt The Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 12:03 PM
PhysicalTorque

Quote:
No Donovan, eh?
Bad line management.
Agreed, but cheech is unworthy of that spot, which why a more worthy player replaced him.
Inevitably, tuna is canned.

PhysicalTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Apaharn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
Leclaire better step up, he's starting to look like any other sens goalie.
3/10

Needs to be more vague, misleading, with more directed bile.

Apaharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 12:08 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
# 18 and 10 scratched tonight

we need his board skills.

11-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalTorque View Post
Agreed, but cheech is unworthy of that spot, which why a more worthy player replaced him.
Inevitably, tuna is canned.
Cheechoo was not producing, it's true, BUT he was right up there on the team in shots and could have had a few. He was not that bad and was improving UNTIL he got sent down to the third and fourth lines. And who cared anyway, the other two on the line were a point a game, Michalek had 6 goals! The lines were more effective with Cheechoo up there.
Put him on the second with Alfie and Fisher and he will start scoring. I know i keep saying the same things but he his not valuable if he does not score so they HAVE to help him get going. Alfie would do that.

Old
11-10-2009, 12:21 PM
PhysicalTorque

Quote:
Cheechoo was not producing, it's true, BUT he was right up there on the team in shots and could have had a few. He was not that bad and was improving UNTIL he got sent down to the third and fourth lines. And who cared anyway, the other two on the line were a point a game, Michalek had 6 goals! The lines were more effective with Cheechoo up there.
Put him on the second with Alfie and Fisher and he will start scoring. I know i keep saying the same things but he his not valuable if he does not score so they HAVE to help him get going. Alfie would do that.
Cheechoo was playing with Jason Spezza, one of the league's premiere play-makers, you have to ask yourself how impossible it is that he wasn't able to produce.
On top of that, Cheechoo isn't the fastest and he might slow his linemates down, who is the opposition thinking is going to be the lateman, oh wait they already know... Until cheechoo starts producing on a consistent basis, he is a lost cause.

Also Spezza might have had it with cheech, as he is unable to get points from him to prove himself worthy for VANCOUVER2010, the coach must have realized this, and wants his centre to be there so he can get a confidence boost, there is probably more to this than meets the eye. And instead of having one winger who can produce on the top line(Michalek), add Alfie, and you get two scoring threats and chances instead of one. Again, you don't want to waste Spezza's talent on the incapable.

PhysicalTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 12:22 PM
kyle747

go sens!

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Nestea

I'd really like to see Regin with Kovalev.

Nestea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 12:30 PM
HockeyNoob4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
go sens!
Here's Dany Heatley with Melynk's $4 million bux:

"I'm a cash money millionaire."

HockeyNoob4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Herc Man
AmandaHugincis

Myself, I would like to see Cheech on one of the top two lines. I guy doesn't get 56 goals and completely forget how to score. He has the skill and the work ethic, he just needs to get one or two to get going. He already has had a ton of shots and some real good scoring chances so far.

I believe it is a matter of bad luck so far. Put him with Kovy and Fisher/Alfie.

I still have Cheechoo as one of my favorite players this year. Honestly, there are not many other Sens that work as hard as this guy does. He will turn it on eventually.

Even Spezza is having a hard time scoring this year. And yes, I do know he has a few more points than Cheech does.

Herc Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalTorque View Post
Cheechoo was playing with Jason Spezza, one of the league's premiere play-makers, you have to ask yourself how impossible it is that he wasn't able to produce.
On top of that, Cheechoo isn't the fastest and he might slow his linemates down, who is the opposition thinking is going to be the lateman, oh wait they already know... Until cheechoo starts producing on a consistent basis, he is a lost cause.

Also Spezza might have had it with cheech, as he is unable to get points from him to prove himself worthy for VANCOUVER2010, the coach must have realized this, and wants his centre to be there so he can get a confidence boost, there is probably more to this than meets the eye. And instead of having one winger who can produce on the top line(Michalek), add Alfie, and you get two scoring threats and chances instead of one. Again, you don't want to waste Spezza's talent on the incapable.
Spezza was playing some of his best hockey EVER. Everyone was talking about how well his game seemed to have improved. He had 8 assists in around 8 games AND Michalek was awesome. That line was playing very well, and the team was winning and cheechoo was on that line. He didn't score but he had allot of chances, man. Come on, he was playing pretty good. If he had put those 3 or 4 chances he had in the back of the net and had 4 goals and 2 assists, no one would be complaining about his game. Inches were the difference.
What he did do was create space for the other two which may have been what Kovalev was doing for Alfie and Fisher. The other teams are forced to pay attention to Kovalev and Cheechoo because of their shots. Bottom line is, the team was playing well and balanced then and is not now. The lines needed tweaking, not a complete overhaul.

Old
11-10-2009, 12:44 PM
MatthewT

Quote:
Spezza was playing some of his best hockey EVER. Everyone was talking about how well his game seemed to have improved. He had 8 assists in around 8 games AND Michalek was awesome. That line was playing very well, and the team was winning and cheechoo was on that line. He didn't score but he had allot of chances, man. Come on, he was playing pretty good. If he had put those 3 or 4 chances he had in the back of the net and had 4 goals and 2 assists, no one would be complaining about his game. Inches were the difference.
What he did do was create space for the other two which may have been what Kovalev was doing for Alfie and Fisher. The other teams are forced to pay attention to Kovalev and Cheechoo because of their shots. Bottom line is, the team was playing well and balanced then and is not now. The lines needed tweaking, not a complete overhaul.
Im sorry, but teams are not paying extra attention to Jonathan Cheechoo.

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 12:49 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid17 View Post
i hope campoli gets really hurt and is done for three or four months after this game... if we are really lucky he will catch swine flu and we get that first rounder back
This just seems so random.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBusDriver View Post
We have so many injuries... but we'll still win.
Of course, but just because Penner ate a horseshoe on top of all of the other mounds of kibble the guy has eaten and it is currently lodged in his ***... doesn't mean he won't eventually pass it and go back to being the lazy, overpaid, 1-way, 40 point player that he is.

Quote:
Spezza was playing some of his best hockey EVER. Everyone was talking about how well his game seemed to have improved. He had 8 assists in around 8 games AND Michalek was awesome. That line was playing very well, and the team was winning and cheechoo was on that line. He didn't score but he had allot of chances, man. Come on, he was playing pretty good. If he had put those 3 or 4 chances he had in the back of the net and had 4 goals and 2 assists, no one would be complaining about his game.
Cheechoo isn't earning his ice time and is 20th on the team in scoring!!!
Yes that's right, 19 other players have outscored him so far including half of the forwards who've all received a small fraction of his ice time and who weren't playing with Spezza-Michalek.

I agree with keeping the Alfie-Fisher combo together, because it seems to mean that we get more offensive production of Fisher and have a two productive lines. However, instead of keeping a guy like Cheechoo on the top line, I'd prefer to try something like:

Michalek - Spezza - Kovalev
Foligno - Fisher - Alfie

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 12:51 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

First game of the year I'll be in attendance.

Go Sens!

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 01:13 PM
enviro61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc Man View Post
Myself, I would like to see Cheech on one of the top two lines. I guy doesn't get 56 goals and completely forget how to score. He has the skill and the work ethic, he just needs to get one or two to get going. He already has had a ton of shots and some real good scoring chances so far.

I believe it is a matter of bad luck so far. Put him with Kovy and Fisher/Alfie.

I still have Cheechoo as one of my favorite players this year. Honestly, there are not many other Sens that work as hard as this guy does. He will turn it on eventually.

Even Spezza is having a hard time scoring this year. And yes, I do know he has a few more points than Cheech does.
It's called double hernia surgery and greatly impeded his ability to play the game.

enviro61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Matt The Ace
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Lee View Post
First game of the year I'll be in attendance.

Go Sens!
If Ottawa loses its because of you.

Matt The Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 02:17 PM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

A one dimensional goal scorer that cannot score is useless.

That's pretty much what Cheechoo is this year. People seem to think that if they go enough Cheechoo will suddenly figure out how to skate fast enough to keep up with Spezza and MM and score.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Percy LeSueur

Foligno better step it up tonight. He was fumbling pucks left, right and centre on Saturday night against the Devs. I, personally, would not have put him on the 2nd line tonight, but we'll see how it shapes up.

I would like to add, Go Sens!

Percy LeSueur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 02:21 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

A lot of our guys need to overachieve for us to consistently win. Playing not badly, but not great won't cut it, people need to step up. Im directly looking at Foligno, Regin, Cheechoo, and Shannon. Moreso the first 3.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 02:22 PM
Juice*

Murray was on XM radio....he mentioned that he would like to add a forward if he makes a roster move.....has he ****in seen our AHL defence? more forwards? how about a competent top end defenceman....what game is he watching? oh and he said he was quite pleased with the team so far.

Juice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Percy LeSueur

Quote:
Murray was on XM radio....he mentioned that he would like to add a forward if he makes a roster move.....has he ****in seen our AHL defence? more forwards? how about a competent top end defenceman....what game is he watching? oh and he said he was quite pleased with the team so far.
The thing with that is that there are very few competent top end defenceman available right now. Also, it's Bryan Murray, this is obviously some kind of crazy Murray-esque bluff.

Percy LeSueur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 02:28 PM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

Quote:
Unless it's that Swedish guy that used to play for the Avalanche I'm not interested. The last thing we need is another overpaid bottom six forward.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 02:34 PM
MusicTeacher

vCash: 920
Quote:
To be fair, most of us wrote that we would be thrilled if we were at .500 by the end of October. So by that criteria, I am pleased with the team so far. I think what's been frustrating in the past few games is the parade to the penalty box and seeing some of our star players not putting the puck in the net.
I figure it's just a matter of time before both of those get resolved.

MusicTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote