HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/11/09 Calgary Flames @ Montréal Canadiens 7H30PM RDS(HD)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-10-2009, 04:27 PM
  #151
Parenteau15
Registered User
 
Parenteau15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Laval, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 301
vCash: 500
GO HABS GO!

I hope a win for the Habs and I wish that Cammy will do something awesome tonight!

Parenteau15 is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 04:29 PM
  #152
andrew2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
maybe JM hopes that some of the hard forechecking from calgary can injure MAB??

seriously though i hope that Carle will still be given a fair chance. he's played very well in his last few starts. against tampa he played just of 18min. i hope that if leach falters or MAB continues playing poorly Carle will be put back in.

andrew2 is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 04:30 PM
  #153
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,280
vCash: 500
Flames should win because they are definitely stronger from top to bottom, however hockey is a strange game and I am still believing we can win, our main problem(injuries aside) has been the lack of productivity from our young crop of forwards, Latendresse and Andrei especially, also expected more from Lapierre. There is nothing that makes you forget about mistakes by our goalies like our team being able to score more than 1 goal by the third period, case in point, the game which we destroyed the Isles 5-1, I remember the horrible blunder by Halak that cost him a shutout, but because we just scored 5 there was hardly a post about franchise goalies and how we need a number 1 goalie, because we just scored 5 freakin goals. I know we need Price and Halak to be as good as they can be, however we need goals, not 5 every game but more than 1 before the final buzzer sounds. I like the way Gomez, Gionta, cammaleri and Plekanec are playing but nobody else seems to want to score, this has to change tonight or it will be yet another PGT about everything from Gainey to Zambonis about what is wrong, but we need our young forwards to smarten up or else!!!!!

Craig71 is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 04:38 PM
  #154
overlords
Be quiet and drive
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Far Away
Posts: 26,414
vCash: 500
So leach is only playing to get nystrom out of in front of the net right?

overlords is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 05:00 PM
  #155
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agalloch View Post
Habs need to play 0.615% until the end of the season to reach playoffs (96 pts).

So I hope for a win!!

4-2 habs
93 points is the magic number. That's what got us into the play-offs last year. If you go by win percentage, Ottawa is on pace for an 8th place finish with...(drum roll please) 93 points.

Right now, we're on pace for 77 points, 12th place in the East and a potential top 5 pick in the draft, and maybe a chance at number one if we win the lottery.

MarkovsKnee is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 05:02 PM
  #156
Leo Getz
Registered User
 
Leo Getz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,712
vCash: 500
Leach - MAB = best defense pairing of all time?

Leo Getz is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 05:15 PM
  #157
Thinkbig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daice View Post
well i wonder how the wings would be right now if they said, meh datsyuk is 200th zetterberg the same, lidstrom, 3rd rounder **** him
but ya we dont like the wings,

how about luc robitaille, **** he was last round too, he did manage to get his arse to the hall of fame, oohhh ok but they are not goalies. my bad, so gtfo mikka kipprusoff 161th in his year.... right

dude, no you fail

eric chouinard was meant to be the next big thing, so did alex d'aigle, also, do you remember jim carrey, won the calder, then he became a major bust.. yah

some st rounders are busts , some late rounders turn out to be hall of famers. sometimes you gotta let go.

if halak wins, price can keep the bench warm. the team is bigger than carey's developpment. sure he is young.. that even more of a reason to manage him well and build up his confidence, not buy burning him the way jim carrey got burned, and the way othe great goalies got burned.

halak will not goal 82 games ever in the same season, same for carey... they can switch now.
How can you say I fail?

There's one freaking spot for a #1 goalie. Why the hell are you talking about Robitaille and Datsyuk who are forward?

Think twice before posting, you lost time (not that your time is that important though) by writing that entire wall of text full of phail!

I'm just saying we should focus more on Price than giving a key game to 271th pick player.

Thinkbig is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 05:25 PM
  #158
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Getz View Post
Leach - MAB = best defense pairing of all time?
MAB with Lidstrom is the worst pairing of all time too.

I dont' recall anyone sucking as bad defensively as MAB...

What's funny is that these two will prove tonight how polar opposite they are...

One tries to pass up the middle between Iginla's legs, the other one treats the puck like a grenade by clearing it as hard and fast as he can along the boards.

coolasprICE is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 05:27 PM
  #159
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
How can you say I fail?

There's one freaking spot for a #1 goalie. Why the hell are you talking about Robitaille and Datsyuk who are forward?

Think twice before posting, you lost time (not that your time is that important though) by writing that entire wall of text full of phail!

I'm just saying we should focus more on Price than giving a key game to 271th pick player.
That's his point. You're writing Halak off solely because of where he was picked in the draft. Most people at least attempt to bring in a performance-based argument into the Price vs. Halak debate.

Draft position means nothing now. Whoever is playing better or getting wins should play. It's not JM's job to "develop" Price. It's his job to help guide the team to a win.

MarkovsKnee is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 05:30 PM
  #160
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,781
vCash: 50
I have a good feeling about that game ! Go habs go. All odds are against us, but I think it's a game we can win. Hopefully Lats and Kost will be awake.

FF de Mars is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 05:32 PM
  #161
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,724
vCash: 500
No w just ****ing win... or this night would be the biggest disaster in my life

Iwishihadacup is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 05:43 PM
  #162
sampollock
Registered User
 
sampollock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in my home
Posts: 9,336
vCash: 500
how about win?

and score the 1st 3 goals, get a lead for once

sampollock is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 05:44 PM
  #163
TheCH*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post

I'm just saying we should focus more on Price than giving a key game to 271th pick player.


We should focus on a winning formula.
This team since Jan. 1st with Price in net has 10 wins in 38 games.
With Halak 18 wins in 29 games.

Thats WAY to much of a difference to ignore. Halak deserves to be playing.

TheCH* is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 05:50 PM
  #164
Sandvich
VERY NICE
 
Sandvich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,423
vCash: 500
If MAB is in the lineup don't expect a win.

Sandvich is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 05:53 PM
  #165
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,228
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvich View Post
If MAB is in the lineup don't expect a win.
Well it looks like he is and I just don't get that decision to bench Carle but whatever I ain't no coach.

I hope besides the pp he simply doesn't play

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 05:55 PM
  #166
The Russian General
Go Habs Go
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 15,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard King View Post
Great GDT no offence but I kinda miss the GDT pictures but overall I liked yours its really nice and I like the way you formatted it
Thanks Well it's my first one so, next time it will better. Some people sent me pictures but I can't add it because I'm not home yet. Anyway, next one will have a banner because you know, we all love it!
Posted via Mobile Device

The Russian General is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 05:57 PM
  #167
Habskrieg
Registered User
 
Habskrieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
No w just ****ing win... or this night would be the biggest disaster in my life
LOL, wow there, relax!
Don't become a jumper for just one game! ITS NOT WORTH IT MAN!

Habskrieg is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 05:57 PM
  #168
Thinkbig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post


We should focus on a winning formula.
This team since Jan. 1st with Price in net has 10 wins in 38 games.
With Halak 18 wins in 29 games.

Thats WAY to much of a difference to ignore. Halak deserves to be playing.
So many Halakians here...

Anyways, you guys love Halak? Good for you. But I'm pretty sure the organization is doing this only because they want to motivate Price and at the end, Price will remain with the organization and Halak will be gone.

Good thing you guys are not part of the organization.

I'm out of here and I hope the Habs win this game!

Thinkbig is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 06:02 PM
  #169
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go
 
We Want The 25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
green pants yellow gloves what the heck hahahaha this is so weird

We Want The 25 is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 06:07 PM
  #170
GeneralMarky79
Registered User
 
GeneralMarky79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 301
vCash: 500
leach should have a great game esp after being inducted into the hall of fame ohh wait that was brian leetch. lol

GeneralMarky79 is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 06:08 PM
  #171
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life
 
Turtleneck Plek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,219
vCash: 500
Did anyone catch what Benoit said about Andrei?

''Dans mon temps, Gionta lui aurait casser un bâton sur la tête dans le vestiaire.'' - talking about Kostitsyn

Gionta would have broken a stick on his head because he's not playing well? LOL.

Turtleneck Plek is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 06:10 PM
  #172
The Russian General
Go Habs Go
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 15,934
vCash: 500
Then we know now why he's dumb : he got a couple broken on his head!
Posted via Mobile Device

The Russian General is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 06:11 PM
  #173
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,724
vCash: 500
any potent stream?

Iwishihadacup is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 06:13 PM
  #174
tiz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,625
vCash: 500
These jersey's look great!

tiz is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 06:15 PM
  #175
Thinkbig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akost View Post
Did anyone catch what Benoit said about Andrei?

''Dans mon temps, Gionta lui aurait casser un bâton sur la tête dans le vestiaire.'' - talking about Kostitsyn

Gionta would have broken a stick on his head because he's not playing well? LOL.
WOW, with all the bashing Brunet is receiving he should stay quiet.. Instead he continues talking ****.

Thinkbig is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.