HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Okposo: diagnosed with H1N1

Old
11-10-2009, 04:53 PM
E_Godard

vCash: 500
Okposo: diagnosed with H1N1

Sucks!!!

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2...ders/#comments

E_Godard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

WOW! And now Weight is 4-6 weeks. What happened to one week?

11-10-2009, 05:00 PM
xECK29x

Hopefully he will be ok, it's serious but not nearly as ZOMG as the corporate controlled media is making it out to be. Hopefully he will get better and cleared soon!

xECK29x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Moooose444

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Godard View Post
let hope no one else has it considering KO practiced yesterday. This really sucks. Time for Bailey to step up.

Moooose444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

He did look a little sluggish the last couple of games.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 05:17 PM
KH1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAL8116 View Post
WOW! And now Weight is 4-6 weeks. What happened to one week?
If you added a laugh track, the Isles could make for a great comedy.

KH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 05:21 PM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Let the descend begin. Already amongst tops in the league to man games lost.

Isles just don't have the depth to afford cumulative injuries.

At least it gives some of the press box junkies one last chance.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 05:32 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

****, now Schremp is probably playing.

I was wondering why Kyle wasn't playing like himself the last few games, this explains why.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 05:43 PM
DPSNAGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
****, now Schremp is probably playing.

I was wondering why Kyle wasn't playing like himself the last few games, this explains why.
nah....hunter will take his spot if hes ready i think but....does anyone know when the luck will finally come for this team...this is getting a little rediculous

DPSNAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 05:54 PM
CDirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECK29 View Post
Hopefully he will be ok, it's serious but not nearly as ZOMG as the corporate controlled media is making it out to be. Hopefully he will get better and cleared soon!
To be honest, the media has this spot on.

I am a Registered Nurse and also in the midst of my battle with the Flu. I've had it for about four days now. The Flu Bug this season, just the seasonal, is exceptionally nasty and deceptive. I don't have the N/V or the GI symptoms and still struggeling to keep fluids in.

Whatever you take in just comes right back out. It is hard as hell to maintain an adequate fluid volume and control the fever that comes with it. My Temp bottoms out at 99.8 just from the dehydration alone.

It is very difficult to balance the rest you need with the intake you need. I imagine a lot of folks are gonna need some form of fluid replacement via IV. Personally for me I should have opted for it.

CDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 06:18 PM
13th Floor

I heard he didn't take the trip to Washington. Does this mean he's not there for the entire road trip?

13th Floor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 06:26 PM
seawolves
IT'S BOSS TIME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Amnesia View Post
I heard he didn't take the trip to Washington. Does this mean he's not there for the entire road trip?
According to Botta the trip will be split into 2 parts because of a 3 day break in the middle of it following the game in Boston.

seawolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedIsles View Post
Let the descend begin. Already amongst tops in the league to man games lost.

Isles just don't have the depth to afford cumulative injuries.

At least it gives some of the press box junkies one last chance.
But there's no excuses for H1N1 - it's going to rip through all teams. This is not just an Islander problem.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Hip Of Rick

Another loss, but Jr Golden Boy Schremp can play now yipee!

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 08:16 PM
blackmesa

Quote:

I am a Registered Nurse and also in the midst of my battle with the Flu. I've had it for about four days now. The Flu Bug this season, just the seasonal, is exceptionally nasty and deceptive. I don't have the N/V or the GI symptoms and still struggeling to keep fluids in.

Whatever you take in just comes right back out. It is hard as hell to maintain an adequate fluid volume and control the fever that comes with it. My Temp bottoms out at 99.8 just from the dehydration alone.

It is very difficult to balance the rest you need with the intake you need. I imagine a lot of folks are gonna need some form of fluid replacement via IV. Personally for me I should have opted for it.
Its nasty no doubt, just like the "regular" flu. It is not the hidden pork killer the media makes it out to be. If there is a death due to swine flu you hear about it on every channel. What about all the "regular" flu deaths over the past few years? Didnt hear a think because it didnt have a catchy name as a hook. Nearly all the deaths associated with the swine flu are among the same demographics that die from the regular flu, but simply get over reported.

blackmesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 09:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to 385
If you run through the math and extrapolate a bit, the regular flu will kill 24 times as many people as Swine Flu. So he's not in any great danger per se, losing his presence on the ice is going to be the greatest hit.

385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Islanderfan72

Figures our best player would get this.

This flu hits Kyle's age hard and I have this nightmare that it will turn bad. My father was just laughing at the fact that this would only happen to the Islanders. Why are we stuck in this cycle?

Islanderfan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Bones45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
He did look a little sluggish the last couple of games.
Sluggish... like a wet sponge.....

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Isles Junkie

this is not fair.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Antidote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
But there's no excuses for H1N1 - it's going to rip through all teams. This is not just an Islander problem.

Cheers,

Dan-o
True! Have watched the flu going through my 2 "local" teams - Oilers and Canucks - and it seems to be 2 or 3 games out and then another 2 or 3 games playing but without any energy. It's about 2 weeks before the players are really contributing again.

Antidote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 12:01 AM
CDirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmesa View Post
Its nasty no doubt, just like the "regular" flu. It is not the hidden pork killer the media makes it out to be. If there is a death due to swine flu you hear about it on every channel. What about all the "regular" flu deaths over the past few years? Didnt hear a think because it didnt have a catchy name as a hook. Nearly all the deaths associated with the swine flu are among the same demographics that die from the regular flu, but simply get over reported.
I think you may be conflating what the media is doing with what H1N1 actually is and does. I'm not going to defend the media for all that they do and a lot of the H1N1 is based on projections. Earlier finding found those projection to be off until recently.

I just attended a symposium on H1N1 recently to get my credits for when I have to reup my license. What differentiates H1N1 from the seasonal flu is how quickly it advances to sepsis, resp failure, pneumonia etc. Back in September and October the outbreak was not that bad and those that needed hospitalization/ICU didn't have an issue cause the ICUs had space.

The problem is when H1N1 goes more widespread (which it is predicted in the winter months) and the ICUs are filled up. Primarly it is the respirtory aspect of the disease for children (their airways are narrower and have more sever resp complications) and the elderly (Chest wall is stiffer and have a harder time expectorating. Not to mention this population has it's share of emphysema, chronic bronchitis and asthma).

If you don't fit into those age groups you are fine.

And the numbers of people dying from it in those age groups are actually now starting to rise.

CDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 01:30 AM
Titan124

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDirt View Post

Really? I haven't met anyone that has died from swine flu. This is supposed to be 1919 all over again....

Titan124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 05:17 AM
Moosie

I got my H1N1 shot yesterday. No kind of flu is pleasant. I had the real flu once, and it was awful. My skin hurt.

Moosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 07:42 AM
dx3711

Well that sucks...he will be out at least 2 weeks...without him and weight on the ice leadership will deff be hurting

Let's just hope the flu doesn't tear through our team now

dx3711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 07:51 AM
Halakness Monster

i was nervous about Tavares getting it. When weight was diagnosed with it JT had been living with him which scared me, and im sure him and okposo are pretty friendly so they might go out to eat carpool to practice, whatever point is they would be in tight quarters together and JT would be exposed to it.

Halakness Monster is offline   Reply With Quote