HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs vs. Hawks, 11 - 11 - 09, 6:30 MTN, 8:30 EST

Old
11-11-2009, 04:20 PM
quesosauce

vCash: 500
10 round shootout plz

quesosauce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Would it be possible to outshot the Hawks plz . True that we dont waste any shots , and i dont complain about our offense , but it would be nice to have the edge in shots on goal from time to time.
We lose when we outshoot the other team and we win when we get outshot.

We don't need too many shots on goal, all we need is quality shots/chances against Niemi/Huet.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stories View Post
We all know that Hensick has the offensive acumen to be a productive scoring line player, now he has a realistic opportunity to demonstrate some of that playmaking ability.

But of course, to say sitting Hejduk and inserting the unknown commodity in Hensick is better for our team winning is just silly.
I never said its better for our team winning but its better for Hensick.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
We lose when we outshoot the other team and we win when we get outshot.

We don't need too many shots on goal, all we need is quality shots/chances against Niemi/Huet.
well hello mister positive it's possible to do both, you know. Outshooting a team and win

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by svatos_the_great View Post
I never said its better for our team winning but its better for Hensick.
Yeah, but personally, I don't care about Hensick. I care about the team. And it's better for the team to ice the best lineup.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
Yeah, but personally, I don't care about Hensick. I care about the team. And it's better for the team to ice the best lineup.
If Hensick plays to his potential, it will be better for the team and it seems Hensick wont get an opportunity unless someone miss a game.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Foppa Frossa

Tucker will get a point tonight along with Svatos

Foppa Frossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Avsboy

Quote:
Hejduk's injury isnt serious, so I'm fine with him sitting out for a game or two for a precaution and Hensick gets a chance to show what he's got with better line mates.
Trust me on this.

You picked the wrong game to want Hejduk out.

We are getting SHELLED tonight. Toews is back

Avsboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 06:07 PM
chewey
dmitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsboy12345 View Post
Trust me on this.

I am curious, and its not a shot at you at all just wondering about your opinion, but
do you have anything positive to say at the start of each game or are we all doomed each game until we get ... "stud"? players..

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Mules
Ouch!

Quote:
Trust me on this.

Hejduk is very good at clearing the puck. His defensive play will be missed more than his offensive play.

Maybe we will get shelled. That will bring us back to 2 wins, 2 losses, 2 wins...

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Avsboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
I am curious, and its not a shot at you at all just wondering about your opinion, but
do you have anything positive to say at the start of each game or are we all doomed each game until we get ... "stud"? players..
I'm usually apprehensive about things, since it prepares me for the worst. But does anyone expect us to win vs. the hawks, in chicago, with Toews back, and without Hejduk?

Darcy Tucker better play his *** off.

PS: You want positive things? Anderson, Sacco, Hejduk, Jones, O'Reilly (hell yes O'Reilly), Stastny at home, Galiardi, Quincey....all good. My only problems are Svatos, Duchene, and Stastny not being worth $6.6 million...and then there's the obvious stuff (Clark, Foote, Cumiskey's turnovers...)

Old
11-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Trust me on this.

We are getting SHELLED tonight. Toews is back :help:
But Bolland is out for the next 4 months! Hawks lineup hasn't been healthy for a single game this season

As a Hawks fan i dont know what to expect tonight,,,,, I just dont want a shootout!

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
If Hensick plays to his potential, it will be better for the team and it seems Hensick wont get an opportunity unless someone miss a game.
He has had one good game all year. What makes you think he'll ever play to his "potential". Personally, I think we've given him too many chances, and any way you swing it, Hensick for Hejduk is terrible.

Quote:
You pretty much hit the nail on the head right there. No he does not.

Thing is, as long as Huet or Niemi are in net for Chicago, we have a chance.

Old
11-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Avsboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
But Bolland is out for the next 4 months! Hawks lineup hasn't been healthy for a single game this season

As a Hawks fan i dont know what to expect tonight,,,,, I just dont want a shootout!
But Hejduk's our only good forward above 25

Last edited by Avsboy: 11-11-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old
11-11-2009, 06:24 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
But Hejduk's our only good player above 23
See: CRAIG ANDERSON, JM Liles, SCOTT HANNAN, KYLE QUINCEY, David Jones and HIGHLANDER

Old
11-11-2009, 06:25 PM
chewey
dmitri

Quote:
I'm usually apprehensive about things, since it prepares me for the worst. But does anyone expect us to win vs. the hawks, in chicago, with Toews back, and without Hejduk?

Darcy Tucker better play his *** off.

PS: You want positive things? Anderson, Sacco, Hejduk, Jones, O'Reilly (hell yes O'Reilly), Stastny at home, Galiardi, Quincey....all good. My only problems are Svatos, Duchene, and Stastny not being worth $6.6 million...and then there's the obvious stuff (Clark, Foote, Cumiskey's turnovers...)
Did anyone expect the Avs not make the finals in 04? If things happened the way we predicted them to, no point in watching really.. hell forget hockey, if things happened the way we predicted no point in living life.

As for your problems, each team has a player they don't want or need or care for and a contract they could be without. Nothing is perfect. From what I hear from you its either we need to have a stacked team to win, or else we are doomed.

I usually appreciate down to earth point of view with minimal to no homerism but you are going a bit too down.

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Did anyone expect the Avs not make the finals in 04? If things happened the way we predicted them to, no point in watching really.. hell forget hockey, if things happened the way we predicted no point in living life.

As for your problems, each team has a player they don't want or need or care for and a contract they could be without. Nothing is perfect. From what I hear from you its either we need to have a stacked team to win, or else we are doomed.

I usually appreciate down to earth point of view with minimal to no homerism but you are going a bit too down.
*cough* CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS *cough*

Old
11-11-2009, 06:30 PM
wondeROY

So were without Hejduk, Liles, and Galiardi tonight? Were gonna get shellacked.

wondeROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Avsboy

Quote:

LOL to the last part.

ANd what are these forums about? Voicing opinions about your team. Nothing wrong with some constructive criticism towards a rebuilding team.

To Adama, weren't you the guy on the main boards who said that THIS TEAM WOULDN'T EVEN BE .500 WITHOUT CRAIG ANDERSON? You told me I was being ridiculously optimistic by saying ths team would be winning without him. I even started a poll to show that I'm not alone in being so OPTIMISTIC about our team.

Old
11-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Avsboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondeROY View Post
So were without Hejduk, Liles, and Galiardi tonight? Were gonna get shellacked.
You're being too pessimistic. We will lose by one goal, perhaps.

Old
11-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
LOL to the last part.

ANd what are these forums about? Voicing opinions about your team. Nothing wrong with some constructive criticism towards a rebuilding team.

To Adama, weren't you the guy on the main boards who said that THIS TEAM WOULDN'T EVEN BE .500 WITHOUT CRAIG ANDERSON? You told me I was being ridiculously optimistic by saying ths team would be winning without him. I even started a poll to show that I'm not alone in being so OPTIMISTIC about our team.
Yeah, because that's true. But...having a great goalie is a thing that some teams have the luxury of having, even though we haven't for five years now. I just like how you think we would have a great record even without Andy, but then apart from that thread, I've seen you complain about every single player on the team except for him.

Soooo, what's the opinion, are we a great team that would have a winning record with a mediocre goalie, or is every player on the team terrible?

Old
11-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Avsboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
Yeah, because that's true. But...having a great goalie is a thing that some teams have the luxury of having, even though we haven't for five years now. I just like how you think we would have a great record even without Andy, but then apart from that thread, I've seen you complain about every single player on the team except for him.

Soooo, what's the opinion, are we a great team that would have a winning record with a mediocre goalie, or is every player on the team terrible?
I've already stated the opinion to you on the main page. I think this team would be winning without Andy. You, on the other hand, don't.

The pros of this team: Great system from coach, many great young players like O'Reilly, Galliardi, Jones, Stastny, Wolski, a fairly competent defense, great PK, Anderson obviously

The cons of this team, and the only players I have criticized: Svatos, Duchene, Clark, Foote, Cumiskey (too many turnovers), and $6.6 million for Stastny.

Svatos - No one thinks he's been playing well. I'm just vocal about it.
Clark - ...
Foote - Everyone agrees he's done.
Cumiskey - Haven't been too loud about this, but he's a turnover machine.
$6.6 million for Stastny - There was a thread about this. He's not worth Kopitar money, sorry.
Duchene - This is the big one. He's playing like crap.

Why am I so vocal about the few cons over the major pros????? Because why should I pat this team on the back when there are some obvious problems with it that can drag it down from contender to pretender!

Old
11-11-2009, 07:18 PM
NWAvs

I didnt read anything about Hejduk. What happened !? !@!!!!!

NWAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:

The pros of this team: Great system from coach, many great young players like O'Reilly, Galliardi, Jones, Stastny, Wolski, a fairly competent defense, great PK, Anderson obviously
Giving up nearly 40 shots per night and being out shot by 15 is a great system?

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekic42 View Post
Giving up nearly 40 shots per night and being out shot by 15 is a great system?
If we don't give up quality chances and have quality chances ourselves up.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote