HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(4-3 SO LOSS): Rin Loses Game For Oilers

Old
11-10-2009, 09:48 PM
MePutPuckInNet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by antidote View Post
Very successful! He also has the between periods interview down cold - saw Bull Durham again last night and Ryan is the exact opposite of Nuke LaLoosh - he's very well spoken.
Great. I think I'm sleeping on the couch tonight and its all Ryan O'Marra's fault. My girlfriend said she thought he was really cute and I told her, I wasn't liking that comment. Then she said he was "really groovy" and I told her to shut up. Now she's really pissed.

Ryan O'Marra can go back to Springfield now. I'm writing him off as a total bust.

MePutPuckInNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 09:48 PM
dashingsilverfox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
On the, "we've got to fix that," front, the Oilers have given up the 3rd most goals in the NHL with 57 after Carolina (59) and Toronto (60).
That's what will kill them this season.

You can't keep giving up that many goals and win.

It'll catch up to you.

dashingsilverfox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
What was up with the Comrie shoot out attempt? Who does that? Should have used Gagner. Comrie should be slapped by every player on the team. Open hand, hard as they can.
Apparently, he scores in practice with that move all the time. That doesn't make it a good decision in a game situation though.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 09:50 PM
One Trick Pony*

Outlandish prediction of the year:

Penner becomes a 30 G, 60 P player this year.

One Trick Pony* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 09:50 PM
MePutPuckInNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashingsilverfox View Post
That's what will kill them this season.

You can't keep giving up that many goals and win.

It'll catch up to you.
I thought they spent less time in their own zone than they normally do. Thats a step in the right direction.

Old
11-10-2009, 09:51 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MePutPuckInNet View Post
Great. I think I'm sleeping on the couch tonight and its all Ryan O'Marra's fault. My girlfriend said she thought he was really cute and I told her, I wasn't liking that comment. Then she said he was "really groovy" and I told her to shut up. Now she's really pissed.

Ryan O'Marra can go back to Springfield now. I'm writing him off as a total bust.
I wonder how you could have approached that situation differently....

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:
Nice to see Penner turn his game around. Say what you will, if Mact were still here Penner would be buried again.

Staios played a good game tonight. Cant wait till Souray comes back. Gilbert disgusts me. He is so timid. Not what you want in a nhl d man.
The play that bothered me the most in this game was Gilbert icing the puck in the 3rd with 3 seconds left.

He saw the hit coming and instead of taking it, he bailed on the play and decided to ice it instead. Nothing came of it, and nothing usually will, but why put your team in that position when they had played hard to get to that point?

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:

Your girlfriend said "really groovy"? Did you find her in a broken time machine on the side of the road?

Mowzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 09:54 PM
One Trick Pony*

Quote:

Idiot much?

One Trick Pony* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
What was up with the Comrie shoot out attempt? Who does that? Should have used Gagner. Comrie should be slapped by every player on the team. Open hand, hard as they can.
Gagner played 23:51 in the game. He must be gassed and they have to play tomorrow. Who got benched and was Gagner double shifted. No wonder Gagner wasn't used in the SO.

11-10-2009, 09:55 PM
MePutPuckInNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
I wonder how you could have approached that situation differently....
Yeah, I'm not sure but I think it was the "shut up" part, that did it. Oh well...on the bright side, she won't care if I spend more time online tonight .

Old
11-10-2009, 09:56 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post
The play that bothered me the most in this game was Gilbert icing the puck in the 3rd with 3 seconds left.

He saw the hit coming and instead of taking it, he bailed on the play and decided to ice it instead. Nothing came of it, and nothing usually will, but why put your team in that position when they had played hard to get to that point?
I noticed it too. And then they added a second on to the clock. He is a four million dollar fairy. Im done with him.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 09:57 PM
IdiotsPickedMyName*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilcountry17 View Post
he made a backwards motion with the puck when he went back hand to forehand it was not lateral it was bakwards.
you can do whatever you want with the puck as long as you keep moving towards the net.

How would Maliks shoot-out move through the legs work with the puck always moving forwards?

IdiotsPickedMyName* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not sure but I think it was the "shut up" part, that did it. Oh well...on the bright side, she won't care if I spend more time online tonight .
Look at this as an opportunity to pad your post count?

Mowzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
elpol
Re-Registered User

Quote:

hmm... hope that couch is comfy...

elpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 09:58 PM
MePutPuckInNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
Gagner played 23:51 in the game. He must be gassed and they have to play tomorrow. Who got benched and was Gagner double shifted. No wonder Gagner wasn't used in the SO.
He seemed to be double shifted a few times....

Old
Oil Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilcountry17 View Post
I don't know how to slow it down frame by frame but i keep wathcin on youtube from the high angle it looks like the puck is closer right when he goes from the backhand the forehand and then right when he changes his forward motion with his skates the puck seems farther back at that xact point but if you have seen it in frame by frame you prob have had a better look then me. Still mad that we lost

I recorded the game on my computer so i can watch it frame by frame, although they didn't a good overhead shot on the ppv feed, the one they showed live is pretty clear that it remained in forward motion.

It might look like it moves backwards in real time because it moves backwards in reference to his body.

Oil Gauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
spot

QUOTE=Mowzie;22062603]Your girlfriend said "really groovy"? Did you find her in a broken time machine on the side of the road?[/QUOTE]

So true.

You should have just agreed with her. Then your relationship would still be groovy!

spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 10:00 PM
OILFAN #81

Glad I have CI so I get to watch games like tonight.

My thoughts:

1. The effort was definitely there tonight. I thought tonight was one of the better games of the season but they just couldn't get that winning goal in OT/a win in a shootout. The guys like Reddox, Potulny, O'Marra, etc have a lot of heart and really work hard. That is what is frustrating when our regulars are in. Some guys do not work but tonight this team played pretty good.

2. He may be my favorite Oiler but that was a horrible giveaway by Lubo on the 1st goal. All he had to do was quickly get it out and he took forever. I guess it's okay since he is the one always bailing us out on defense.

3. Dustin Penner continues to look like a completely different player. You notice him whenever he has the puck and that is a good thing on offense.

4. Was Comrie even trying in the SO? I know he wasn't feeling well but he looked like he wanted to get off the ice as quickly as possible.

5. Deslauriers really needs to work on his playing pucks in practice. He made a couple of terrible plays that could have resulted in goals.

6. I am really liking Staios back in the lineup. When we get Souray back and Strudwick out, I think our d will be pretty good.

I think we will lose tomorrow due to fatigue but win on Sunday against Atlanta. Hopefully they can prove me wrong and win.

Great effort tonight even though it was a SOL.

OILFAN #81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Antidote

Quote:
Better you than her - she'd be image searching RO.

Antidote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hemskyfanboy83

Reddox and Brule really helped keep the energy level I thought.

When guys are flying around like they were, it gets the entire team into the game.

Gonna be tough to send Reddox down if he keeps bringing it like this

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 10:01 PM
dashingsilverfox*

Quote:
I thought they spent less time in their own zone than they normally do. Thats a step in the right direction.
Yes. But keep in mind who they were playing.

dashingsilverfox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
He seemed to be double shifted a few times....
Who was benched though?

Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 10:03 PM
MePutPuckInNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
QUOTE=Mowzie;22062603]Your girlfriend said "really groovy"? Did you find her in a broken time machine on the side of the road?
So true.

You should have just agreed with her. Then your relationship would still be groovy![/QUOTE]

If I'd agreed with her, she would have just kept talking about his "dreamy eyes". I was ready to barf as it was.

Anyway, I thought the game was good. I was on the edge of my seat....that OT really made me nervous.

Old
11-10-2009, 10:04 PM
myteammytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
not bad for a guy who wasnt going to play more than 6 minutes in any game this year

myteammytown is offline   Reply With Quote