HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Toronto - Boston

Old
11-11-2009, 08:14 AM
mydnyte

vCash: 500
Toronto - Boston

to Boston:
Luke Schenn

to Toronto
Toronto's 2010 1st, and 2nd

...lets face it, if Boston owns the pick the Leafs will do everything they can to compete, and anyone that thinks they will finish bottom 3 is just lying to themselves.

...if Toronto has their pick back, they may be tempted to go back into rebuild mode (i.e. trade away assets to picks/prospects).

I've never been as high on Schenn as many/most other Leafs fans.

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 08:19 AM
wej20

seems like a backwards step for the leafs.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 08:20 AM
cashman rules*

You can keep luke chin,he needs time in the AHL Toronto is not getting anything from boston anytime soon other then a big thanks when Neely is on the podium in Los Angeles and thanks brian burke over the pa system.

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 08:27 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
to Boston:
Luke Schenn

to Toronto

...lets face it, if Boston owns the pick the Leafs will do everything they can to compete, and anyone that thinks they will finish bottom 3 is just lying to themselves.

...if Toronto has their pick back, they may be tempted to go back into rebuild mode (i.e. trade away assets to picks/prospects).

If I was Boston's gm,I wouldn't give up the Leafs 1st alone for Schenn,let alone adding a 2nd.This isn't a knock on Schenn.I've posted since the 2008 draft,that Schenn's a quality defensive prospect.

I just think the upside/potential for Hall,Sequin,Fowler,Kabanov is higher.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Lord Ahriman

No way. Leafs fans, forget any trade involving 1st Toronto 2010

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

I don't see it happening. The B's are now holding at least some part of Toronto's future in their hands and I don't see them giving it back so easily. I'd do Schenn for maybe a second round pick but the way he's looked like this year, his stock is so low that Toronto should hold onto him and just wait it out. For the B's, if he's what they think they need, they could ultimately get him for much cheaper now than at any other time.

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 08:58 AM
regard

depending on how the Leafs do the Bruins still have thier own first round pick right?
if the Leafs pick turns out to be great im sure the Bs would feel comfortable trading that away to bring in anything they might want for the Playoffs or the future
seems you alread have a good stock of young players
a goalie being brought up slowly, hunwick
doesnt seem like theres any need to trade that pick away thier in a position of strength where theres no rush to do anything

regard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 08:59 AM
grabo84

No way would I do this. This is a step back for the Leafs.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Bob Barker

Panic much? Schenn is staying in Toronto and definitely won't get dealt for a second rounder. Ever heard of sophomore slump... actually, trade him for Modano or someone else past their prime. The Leafs are good at that.

Bob Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 09:05 AM
C77

Maybe Burke should have thrown Schenn into a deal to get Tavares after all?

But no thanks. We're keeping that 2010 1st!

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Fire Sweeney

We have no need for a defensive defenseman with Chara and Stuart.

Fire Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by regard View Post
depending on how the Leafs do the Bruins still have thier own first round pick right?
if the Leafs pick turns out to be great im sure the Bs would feel comfortable trading that away to bring in anything they might want for the Playoffs or the future
seems you alread have a good stock of young players
a goalie being brought up slowly, hunwick
doesnt seem like theres any need to trade that pick away thier in a position of strength where theres no rush to do anything
Good Point. If the Leafs are really having difficulty at that point and need to draft to help their future, the B's would trade their own first back to Toronto but not Toronto's original pick itself as it would be more valuable at that point.

The only issue is that Chia and the B's have always been so high on Kaberle. I like Kaberle and think he's someone moves the puck out of his own zone really well. If Toronto were to trade him, I'd worry for them as I don't think they would have anyone to get to the puck to the forwards. It's easy to get lost in discussions about his contract, but let's face it, he's Toronto's best offensive blue line with skill to boot. Similar situation like Chicago worrying about Patrick Sharp. They have a 30 goal scorer at 3.9 mil a year REGARDLESS of how tought of waters they will be in come the end of this season and should be happy with the production.

It would have to be the Kaberle or the B's would say no. And I woudn't mind seeing him here necessarily. Imagine him and Chara together? The Czech-Slovakian D Pairing! Though Chara would prolly stay with Morris even though he has a knack of pairing with anyone efficiently.

Old
11-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog4ndy View Post
Good Point. If the Leafs are really having difficulty at that point and need to draft to help their future, the B's would trade their own first back to Toronto but not Toronto's original pick itself as it would be more valuable at that point.

The only issue is that Chia and the B's have always been so high on Kaberle. I like Kaberle and think he's someone moves the puck out of his own zone really well. If Toronto were to trade him, I'd worry for them as I don't think they would have anyone to get to the puck to the forwards. It's easy to get lost in discussions about his contract, but let's face it, he's Toronto's best offensive blue line with skill to boot. Similar situation like Chicago worrying about Patrick Sharp. They have a 30 goal scorer at 3.9 mil a year REGARDLESS of how tought of waters they will be in come the end of this season and should be happy with the production.

It would have to be the Kaberle or the B's would say no. And I woudn't mind seeing him here necessarily. Imagine him and Chara together? The Czech-Slovakian D Pairing! Though Chara would prolly stay with Morris even though he has a knack of pairing with anyone efficiently.

In this case, I guess that Chia will prefer Schenn. Morris probably will make a little more money in the next deal, because having 2 big deals, like Morris and Kaberle, would be dangerous for our cap, and don't forget that we need make room for Savard too.

Old
11-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post
In this case, I guess that Chia will prefer Schenn. Morris probably will make a little more money in the next deal, because having 2 big deals, like Morris and Kaberle, would be dangerous for our cap, and don't forget that we need make room for Savard too.
Good point. Always seem to forget how much Morris is making this year. Darn it. My apologies.

Old
11-11-2009, 10:09 AM
johnny_rudeboy

vCash: 50
What is the point in trading away Schenn? He was brought in to pro-hockey to soon but with time he will be a defensive star in the league. Sure he will struggle a lot from time to time but in the end it will be worth it.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Dark Knight
#PlayoffPush

Yeah Schenn isn't going anywhere.

11-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Hero
Buffy is Back

This ****'s embarrassing.

Don't go posting stuff that makes us seem desperate to undo a trade we did, especially with all of this tank nation nonsense in boston.

Your post just humiliated all hfboard leafs fans.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by s h a n Y e View Post

Don't go posting stuff that makes us seem desperate to undo a trade we did, especially with all of this tank nation nonsense in boston.

For the sake of a good rivalry building even more so, I concur. You don't give up young talent. You've got some seriously good young players, don't deal a player who can bring you many good things. I know it sounds like hypocritical with the Kessel situation, but that was literally out of our control. Phil wanted to be in Toronto so let's call a spade a spade. He's just another piece for you guys. You guys being successful is good for all of hockey.

However for the next two years, I'm obligated to wish you to fail miserably. My apologies.

Old
11-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:

We will see how much "nonsense" was the Boston-Toronto deal, in the draft 2010.

Old
11-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

No thank you!

Peter Chirelli has already publicly stated that they will Not be trading either of the Leaf First Round picks but they May trade their own First Round Picks.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 11:28 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
to Boston:
Luke Schenn

to Toronto

Why do the Leafs go into a rebuild mode where they trade away players for picks and prospects when Burke never said that this is something that he had a plan to do in the first place?

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 12:26 PM
mydnyte

Quote:

actually, the trade is rock solid for the Leafs ...personally i think Schenn is very overrated.

getting our 1st back allows Burke to unload Kaberle and other vets and let the team ride out the season, and we'd likely finish near the bottom

without our 1st Burke will be doing everything he can to make the team compete this year, where it is unlikely that we will make the playoffs, but, get that 1st round pick into the teens

If you do not have the foresight to see this, than you are the one who humiliates himself

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
Get a real GM

vCash: 283
No. Boston doesn't do this, nor does Toronto. Have you forgotten that Burke turned down a top 5 pick for Schenn before? Its only been 16 games, and we just got Kessel back. We will not be in the bottom 5 come the end of the year.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 03:47 PM
cashman rules*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
No. Boston doesn't do this, nor does Toronto. Have you forgotten that Burke turned down a top 5 pick for Schenn before? Its only been 16 games, and we just got Kessel back. We will not be in the bottom 5 come the end of the year.
Snap out of your fantasy,you WILL NOT make the playoffs and you WILL finish in the bottom 3 at best in the whole league.

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Lahey

vCash: 1297
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman rules View Post
Snap out of your fantasy,you WILL NOT make the playoffs and you WILL finish in the bottom 3 at best in the whole league.
Really.. i think the leafs are playing good hockey as of late, with the exception of last night.. Kessel just got back, 2 goals and 2 assists i think? I think we could turn it around and possibly grab that 8th spot. You need to chill out dude.

Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote