HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Most un-welcomed fans in YOUR arena?????

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2004, 04:38 AM
predfan1510

vCash: 500
Most un-welcomed fans in YOUR arena?????

This could be very interesting!

I know it is obvious for some i.e. the Sens and Toronto/Calgary and Edmonton etc. But what about the other teams in the league??? For Nashville it has to be the Red Wings due to their large following in the metro area(although that following has shrunk drastically in the past year or two). Second would be Blues fans without a doubt! I have never had any run-ins with either teams fans, but there has been problems in the past. I was just wondering what some of your opinions are concerning the "visiting" fans.

All the best!

Old
04-13-2004, 04:43 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

in Vancouver - Colorado. Especially #36.

Old
04-13-2004, 05:26 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Clevelandykes & Philthadelphins

Washington fans pretty badly too.

Old
04-13-2004, 08:28 AM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Flyer fans. It's the only time I've been threatened by fans of the other team - and they were winning. In my own building.

Old
04-13-2004, 09:03 AM
The Kitner Boy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmad
in Vancouver - Colorado. Especially #36.

I think post was about fans not players.....

Old
04-13-2004, 09:11 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. X
I think post was about fans not players.....

fans wearing jersey # 36.

Old
04-13-2004, 09:12 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Ducks

Followed closely by
Wings and Avs

Old
04-13-2004, 10:19 AM
Oilers Hockey

Surprisingly I haven't run into any rude Flames fans at Rexall, I think for the most part when it comes down to it, we actually have a measure of respect for each other.

I don't like seeing alot of Canuck fans at Rexall. I hate all the 'Gosh there sure are alot of Canuck fans in Edmonton!' gross exaggerations and have a tendency to be rude and obnoxious, in my experience anyways.

Old
04-13-2004, 10:29 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
On LI-Rangers fans,but Flyer fans are a close 2nd.

Old
04-13-2004, 10:37 AM
ikovy

in bflo- leafs fans... but we usually keep quiet because they dominate us in number in our own building.

Old
04-13-2004, 10:56 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikovy
in bflo- leafs fans... but we usually keep quiet because they dominate us in number in our own building.
Speak for yourself.

Leaf fans, typically the late teen or early 20-somethings packed on tour busses for hours with nothing to do but pound down whatever brewed beverage is at hand. Drunken, often crass, vulgar and obnoxious in those victory or defeat, they have easily usurped any other group as the most disliked.

Granted, they can keep coming to town to spend their money, even if it is on shots or bail.

Old
04-13-2004, 11:25 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

I didn't think there were any Washington fans outside of DC, to be honest. You need a compass and a Geiger counter to find 'em here as it is...

In Washington, it's probably a split between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia fans. When their teams are in town, Pittsburgh fans are more numerous, Philly fans more rowdy.

Old
04-13-2004, 11:32 AM
JFPIV

Quite honestly, I can live from the fans from other cities who have a passion for the game and their team, even to the point of drunken cursing and brawling.

The people that I cannot tolerate, are the suits who sit in the lower bowl and are simply there to press the flesh with their clients.

I am especially intolerant of their existence when they get up from their seats during live play to get another latte'.

:mad:

Old
04-13-2004, 11:34 AM
Higgy4

I have been to alot of Red Wings games in my life, and I can honestly say that Wings fans treat everyone pretty fairly. Sure, you will have the occasional drunk a**hole who will start some crap with a fan from the visiting team. But for the most part, they just boo and heckle them. My cousin lives in Columbus, and I bring him to the Joe every year for a BlueJacket/Wings game. He never gets harrassed, even though he wears his Columbus jersey every time. He gets some heckles and some boos thrown his way, but nothing serious. Its usually all in good fun.

Old
04-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Epoch

Sens fans.

Nobody hates Alfredsson more than Leaf fans!

Old
04-13-2004, 11:41 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

For CBJ: Red Wings fans (especially Cbus-based Wings fans).

#1 - they pack the arena , usually making it about half-Wings, half-Jackets (sometimes worse).

#2 - the majority are cool, i'll conceded that - just your typical, good-natured heckling. But, my only bad fan experiences have all come from Wings fans acting like obnoxious, disrespectful jerks.

On a positive note, I want to toss some respect to Toronto fans. At a game a Nationwide last season (Jackets won 4-3 in OT on a Tyler Wright hattrick goal), there was a lot of talk going back and forth during the game, but at the end of the game, every Leafs fan I encountered was cool and respectful.

Old
04-13-2004, 11:50 AM
jacklours

I would say for MTL it's MTL fans. Some of them do stupid **** such as booing our captain (???????) and booing the American anthem.

Old
04-13-2004, 12:33 PM
ikovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklours
I would say for MTL it's MTL fans. Some of them do stupid **** such as booing our captain (???????) and booing the American anthem.

Old
04-13-2004, 01:18 PM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
For CBJ: Red Wings fans (especially Cbus-based Wings fans).

#1 - they pack the arena , usually making it about half-Wings, half-Jackets (sometimes worse).

#2 - the majority are cool, i'll conceded that - just your typical, good-natured heckling. But, my only bad fan experiences have all come from Wings fans acting like obnoxious, disrespectful jerks.

On a positive note, I want to toss some respect to Toronto fans. At a game a Nationwide last season (Jackets won 4-3 in OT on a Tyler Wright hattrick goal), there was a lot of talk going back and forth during the game, but at the end of the game, every Leafs fan I encountered was cool and respectful.
I've been to every CBJ/Wing game in Columbus save one---and I don't think I've ever seen more than a third of the crowd cheering the Wings.

But I'll agree---they're extremely obnoxious, when encountered in numbers. Unfortunately, they'll probably remain obnoxious (and numerous) until the CBJ begin winning a few more, and the Wings aren't contending *bandwagon*.

Old
04-13-2004, 01:32 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
Speak for yourself.

Leaf fans, typically the late teen or early 20-somethings packed on tour busses for hours with nothing to do but pound down whatever brewed beverage is at hand. Drunken, often crass, vulgar and obnoxious in those victory or defeat, they have easily usurped any other group as the most disliked.

Granted, they can keep coming to town to spend their money, even if it is on shots or bail.
I concur. For the few good fans we meet, there are way too many unruly *******s.

Old
04-13-2004, 03:44 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
The most hated fans seem to shift in Vancouver. For a while it was Calgary fans, then it shifted to Colorado(especially after the 2001 playoffs). In the last few years it was basically whomever the Canucks faced in the playoffs. 2002 was Detroit(especially anyone who liked Chelios), 2003 was St. Louis(Minny was more a hatred of the team than the fans) and this year it's back to Calgary.
Rivalries don't run as deep anymore unless there's a long storied history(or close proximity like Ottawa/Toronto).

Old
04-13-2004, 03:48 PM
X8oD

Wings.. hmm its so hard to get tickets i dont think there is ever enough opposing fans to have any sort of hatred for

Old
04-13-2004, 03:51 PM
rekrul

without a doubt Stars fans, usealy a small but rude bunch allways spitting in the spirit of the Nat Anthem by yelling "Stars!" during the song.

2nd to wings fill 1/4 of the building very boistrous when they get a lead, just start the "red wing" chant when they start losing.

Old
04-13-2004, 03:52 PM
EroCaps

apparently, according to Ted Leonsis, our own! :lol

they need to make a "choke-a-fan" smiley.

Old
04-13-2004, 04:03 PM
Riggs
Kaptain

Anybody that wants to buy a ticket is welcome in Pittsburgh.

The Detroit game, Fleury's first win, was packed with Red Wings fans. They were ok, but it was great to see their faces after the Pens won.

On the other side, I went to a Playoff game in Buffalo three years ago, there was some "Pens suck" comments but it was all in good fun. They were actually very nice and it was a lot of fun.

Sabres fans

Last edited by Riggs: 04-13-2004 at 04:08 PM.
Closed Thread