HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Most un-welcomed fans in YOUR arena?????

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2004, 03:25 PM
TVanek26*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggs
Anybody that wants to buy a ticket is welcome in Pittsburgh.

The Detroit game, Fleury's first win, was packed with Red Wings fans. They were ok, but it was great to see their faces after the Pens won.

On the other side, I went to a Playoff game in Buffalo three years ago, there was some "Pens suck" comments but it was all in good fun. They were actually very nice and it was a lot of fun.

Sabres fans

WHat game did you go to?I was at 1,2,and 5.Where did you sit?

Old
04-13-2004, 04:15 PM
Schenn02

Sens fans at the ACC.

Old
04-13-2004, 04:16 PM
ohlund2.2

Avs fans, without a doubt.

Not that they're obnoxious or anything..I, along with every nucks fan, hate the avs with every inch of my soul.

Old
04-13-2004, 04:22 PM
nordique

vCash:
Nobody gets really shabby treatment at the ACC since most people there are the suits...but Habs and Sens fans are right at the top!

Old
04-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Teemu

With the way the management acts, Blackhawk fans

Old
04-13-2004, 04:53 PM
Jyroe Habs Fan

I have seen 80% of the NHL teams in Edmonton and the worst fans are the LEAF fans, no question. I have seen the Leafs win and they are abnoxious and ignorant to the Oiler fans when leaving the arena and when the Oil win the leaf fans leave in a hurry and with their heads down.

Old
04-13-2004, 06:01 PM
GaborikRules10!!!

Nucks and Avs fans at the Xcel Energy Center.

Old
04-13-2004, 06:24 PM
Oiler94

Send a message via MSN to Oiler94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyroe Habs Fan
I have seen 80% of the NHL teams in Edmonton and the worst fans are the LEAF fans, no question. I have seen the Leafs win and they are abnoxious and ignorant to the Oiler fans when leaving the arena and when the Oil win the leaf fans leave in a hurry and with their heads down.
The Calgary fans can be pretty bad..

Old
04-13-2004, 06:37 PM
OMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler94
The Calgary fans can be pretty bad..
So can Oiler fans

At the 'Dome in Calgary, you'd have to go with Oiler fans. Although Canuck fans are coming on strong as of late.

It's all in good fun though (most of the time anyway..)

Old
04-13-2004, 06:41 PM
babybruin

leaf fans are trhe worst i've seen at GM place

Old
04-13-2004, 06:46 PM
JDB3939

Send a message via AIM to JDB3939
Leafs fans. They just come to Mellon Arena in droves and are flat out *******s the whole game every game. We even deal with Washington fans ok, but Leafs fans just aggrivate everyone in the arena.

Old
04-13-2004, 06:50 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
i would say Isles/Devils/Flyers fans, but that wouldnt be any fun. half the fun is the rivalry on the ice, and the other half between the fans

Old
04-13-2004, 06:53 PM
ObeySteve
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to ObeySteve
Devils fans, but there are so few fans of the opposing team in the Wachovia Center since a.) we actually have enough of our own fans to sell out the arena, and b.) most fans are scared ****less by the reputation Philadelphia fans have come to recieve over the years.

Old
04-13-2004, 07:02 PM
DownFromNJ

Philly fans - usually drunk *******s
Toronto Fans - Too damn crazy
Any NJ Fan w/ a Holik Jersey.

Old
04-13-2004, 07:06 PM
NJDevs430

At the Contintental Airlines Arena - any fans that are discourteous are disliked.
But we get all kinds.
Due to the close proximity (and I mean really close) the most opposing jerseys we see are Rangers, Flyers and Islanders even when the Devils aren't playing that team.
There is an abundance of Red Wings fans as well during regular season Devils-Wings matches.
There were many Bruins fans at the last Devils/Bruins game at the CAA.
During the regular season and especially in the playoffs, there are always plenty of Leafs fans at the Arena.
I've seen Pens fans at regular season games in New Jersey and there's always one guy with a Sens jersey at the games (and I mean the same guy, too). During the playoffs, the Sens fans as expected show up more.
Any of the above fans can be "yappy" mostly when they're not behind on the scoreboard or especially when they're winning.
While I don't hold it against any fan to be boisterous in supporting their team...sometimes fans in opposing arenas can be downright rude guests.
Then again, there are some bad hosts out there, too. I do not appreciate either of these.
The last time I encountered any "guest" fans I considered rude in the stands were a couple of Flyers fans. This was last year - the guys had a lot of hecklers around them in the stands, but all the loudest among them did was kept pointing to the scoreboard and chanting "SCOREBOARD!! SCOREBOARD!!" (The Devils ended up losing that game). I so wanted to kick that guy's butt...but what would that prove? (Other than I would have caught him by surprise 'cause the guy was half again as big as me). But I ended up joking around with these guys after the game anyway. Oh well...don't act like an idiot no matter where you are, no matter whose jersey you're wearing and it might reflect well on you and other fans of your team.
Can't we all just get along?

Old
04-13-2004, 07:07 PM
SpooKy

Send a message via ICQ to SpooKy
Avalanche fans claimed that LA fans are rude and fight-crazy. In the Denver Post, some Colorado fan claimed he would wear a Nordique jersey to throw off the LA fans!

I think that incited some issues with Colorado. Personally, I've had only slight problems with Canadian fans. They seem to think they know more about hockey than the other 18,000 fans in attendence.

Go Kings Go!

-- Spooks

Old
04-13-2004, 07:52 PM
pensfan13186

In Pittsburgh it has to be the Capitals fans, although the Flyers fans do deserve their reputation.

Old
04-13-2004, 08:31 PM
Mister Hockey

I've been going to games since I was 5 in 1966. I honestly say that in all that time the visiting fans who have come in to Pittsburgh have been great. I've attended games at about ten other teams arenas, and I have never had a problem. Plus, I always wear my Pen's stuff. Most often people come up to me and want to talk hockey. I have never had a problem yet. The hockey fans are great. Now, the football fans in Cleveland, that's another story.

Old
04-14-2004, 01:06 AM
cws
...in the drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekrul
without a doubt Stars fans, usealy a small but rude bunch allways spitting in the spirit of the Nat Anthem by yelling "Stars!" during the song.

2nd to wings fill 1/4 of the building very boistrous when they get a lead, just start the "red wing" chant when they start losing.
There's a similar tradition in Atlanta, where at least a quarter of the fans yell the word "Night" during the anthem (in reference to the old Atlanta Knights of the IHL). That has sparked many a debate amongst the Thrashers fans, most don't like that it happens while others see no harm in the act. Personally, I never do it but it doesn't really bother me either. I always stare quietly at the flag throughout the whole song. It's a sporting event filled with 15k-20k diverse people whose only common link is hockey in most cases. More than of few of whom are already lit before the opening faceoff. They'll take any reason to make noise, as can be seen at the end of most anthems anyhow. Unless the one singing the anthem has an extra powerful voice, the end of each anthem is usually drowned out by the crowd cheering. Not always the most respectful thing, as some of the cheering starts way too early. But what can you do? As long as you keep your respect for it, just take the rest with a grain of salt.

Old
04-14-2004, 01:39 AM
Clash*

Here in Florida, I'd have to say its any fan of the original six and then any team located in the Northeast corridor of the US (Philly, Jersey, Isles) Boston and Jersey fans aren't as bad as some of the rest (Canadians and Rangers are probably the worst), but its amazing how many of these people live presently in South Florida, root for the team where they're from before bein transplanted, but then will root for a south Florida team (Dolphins, Heat, Marlins, Panthers, Hurricanes) when they're a front runner. The area is full of bandwagon fans that hold allegiance to other cities.

Old
04-14-2004, 01:52 AM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

When we're playing the Kings, probably Ducks fans

Old
04-14-2004, 02:32 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksflytogether
When we're playing the Kings, probably Ducks fans
Sad but true.

Old
04-14-2004, 02:52 AM
ICX*

In CAA, Rangers fans take the cake. They'll show up in jerseys and heckle the Devils when the Rags aren't even playing. A Ranger fan at the last game I went to (Game 5 of the SCF last year!) got into a fight in the upper deck after a "Rangers Suck" chant went up.

The 2 types of fans I hate the most are:

1.) Women who come with their boyfriends for the sole purpose of antagonizing the home team. I highly doubt the female posters on this board have ever done this, but it is the single most obnixious thing in the world to pay good money for tickets and then have to listen to some shrew's incoherent hockey-babble for 3 hours.

2.) Fans who show up to heckle in non-rivalry games. There's always one guy who shows up for random games who won't shut up. The Devils could be playing the Flames and there'd be one guy from Brick, NJ in an Iginla jersey riding Marty's ass all game.

I don't mind fans from other teams at Devil games as long as they're not obnoxious. When I go to MSG or Wachovia, I don't heckle the home team (mainly because that's an invitation for a beating), but also because it's disrespectful to the other team's fans. Most opposing fans are pretty engaging and cool people, and it's fun to rib each other as the game goes on, but I have no tolerance for people who ruin my enjoyment of the game.

Old
04-14-2004, 03:23 AM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Here in Edmonton the Stars are probably the most hated, followed closely by the leafs (the locals out-number the newfies and easterners here). I watched 3 stars fans walk from the LRT (Edmonton's subway/train/tram) station to the Rexall doors through a wave of boos and jeering at their last meeting, and it was... um... spirited to say the least! Try to find more bad blood between teams (I think they have faced each other atleast 6 times in recent playoff history, and they have owned Edmonton in the season series).

Old
04-14-2004, 03:41 AM
Spooner

Send a message via AIM to Spooner
In Pittsburgh, I'd say it's those fans who sneak in without paying dressed as seats.

Closed Thread