HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Souray Update Thread

Old
11-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Capitain Midnight
Trust me, I'm a doc

vCash: 500
Official Souray Update Thread

Since the other thread got hijacked by other conversations, here is the update as of 10/11/09.

"ON THE BENCH: Defenceman Sheldon Souray went through all of the drills in practice on Monday and Tuesday morning, but he sat out his 15th straight game against the Ottawa Senators. The Oilers are being very careful with Souray after fellow defenceman Steve Staios also suffered a concussion, came back for a game, and then had to sit out 11 games in a row when he didn't feel right ."

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...975/story.html

At least he is practicing. My hope is that by next week/thanksgiving, he is ready to go.

Capitain Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitain Midnight View Post
Since the other thread got hijacked by other conversations, here is the update as of 10/11/09.

"ON THE BENCH: Defenceman Sheldon Souray went through all of the drills in practice on Monday and Tuesday morning, but he sat out his 15th straight game against the Ottawa Senators. The Oilers are being very careful with Souray after fellow defenceman Steve Staios also suffered a concussion, came back for a game, and then had to sit out 11 games in a row when he didn't feel right ."

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...975/story.html

At least he is practicing. My hope is that by next week/thanksgiving, he is ready to go.
It would have been great have been to have him back at thanksgiving

My hope is about a week or less.

Jimmi McJenkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 04:04 PM
T-Funk

your thanksgiving is broken

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Belcriss
Positive steps

Send a message via Skype™ to Belcriss
Not to rehash old memories, but tell me again why Iginla wasn't suspended? Ok, I wanted to rehash it. Its absolutely brutal that the NHL decides on suspensions depending on star power. I hope Souray calls Iginla out. I know Iginla will go. Here's hoping that Souray does to Iginla the same he did to Barch. The Oilers as a team have lost alot of attitude that they had when Souray was in the lineup. He brings it, each and every game. Apparently it rubs off on his teammates. Souray for "C"

Belcriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 04:09 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belcriss View Post
Not to rehash old memories, but tell me again why Iginla wasn't suspended? Ok, I wanted to rehash it. Its absolutely brutal that the NHL decides on suspensions depending on star power. I hope Souray calls Iginla out. I know Iginla will go. Here's hoping that Souray does to Iginla the same he did to Barch. The Oilers as a team have lost alot of attitude that they had when Souray was in the lineup. He brings it, each and every game. Apparently it rubs off on his teammates. Souray for "C"

Iggys hit was not as illigal as some would like believe

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 04:09 PM
NotBad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
Iggys hit was not as illigal as some would like believe
tripping isnt an infraction anymore?

NotBad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Live Breathe Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBad View Post
and technically, would that count as hitting from behind because of the end result of how they hit the boards?

Live Breathe Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 04:19 PM
OILFAN #81

As much as I hate the Flames, it was a penalty but not a suspension. Souray has already said that he knows it was an accident and that Iginla is an honest player. Iginla said he hopes Souray gets back soon and that he is a hardworking and honest guy. Iginla got a tripping penalty on the play but that was not suspension worthy. Gagner did the same thing to Regehr last year and that was not a suspension either. If any Flames player should have been suspended, it should be Regehr for some of his hits over the years on Hemsky (2 that I can recall).

Anyways, I hope Souray comes back really soon. He's a true leader on this team and will help the PP out immensely.

Oh and PS Belcriss...........Moreau fought Iginla after the play. Not sure what else you want him as the captain to do. I don't think hitting him over the head with a stick as Quinn suggested would fly over too well.

OILFAN #81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Belcriss
Positive steps

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Breathe Hockey View Post
and technically, would that count as hitting from behind because of the end result of how they hit the boards?
Agreed, totally. Iginla stuck his stick in Souray's feet, and I don't buy the accident part. Lets face it, players are supposed to be in control of their stick at all times, thats why on a highstick, there is no defence. I digress however, he stuck it in Souray's feet, and followed through. To me, it looked deliberate. Of course, I am not the NHL, and probably not the not so silent majority around here.

Old
11-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Copperhead

Wow I'm amazed people still feel so vehemently about the incident. Although it was definitely a careless play, in the end it was only really a trip. Unlucky for Souray to fall the way he did.

I don't think this has anything to do with star treatment *cough Pronger stomping...Pronger slashing...Pronger in general cough*

Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Belcriss
Positive steps

The hit on Reddox looked alot more accidental to me than Iggy's hit on Souray. Lets see if the Sabre player gets games along with the major he was assessed. The proof will be in the pudding.

Old
11-11-2009, 08:32 PM
capt midnight

hey thread creator, my user-name is better than your user-name.

capt midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Belcriss
Positive steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post
As much as I hate the Flames, it was a penalty but not a suspension. Souray has already said that he knows it was an accident and that Iginla is an honest player. Iginla said he hopes Souray gets back soon and that he is a hardworking and honest guy. Iginla got a tripping penalty on the play but that was not suspension worthy. Gagner did the same thing to Regehr last year and that was not a suspension either. If any Flames player should have been suspended, it should be Regehr for some of his hits over the years on Hemsky (2 that I can recall).

Anyways, I hope Souray comes back really soon. He's a true leader on this team and will help the PP out immensely.

Oh and PS Belcriss...........Moreau fought Iginla after the play. Not sure what else you want him as the captain to do. I don't think hitting him over the head with a stick as Quinn suggested would fly over too well.
You call that a fight? Are you kidding me? Moreau fell down. He would have gotten his head filled in anyways. Only guy on the Oilers team that can beat Iggy, is Souray. I don't know that even MacIntyre could take him on, and Mac is gone now.

Old
11-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
You call that a fight? Are you kidding me? Moreau fell down. He would have gotten his head filled in anyways. Only guy on the Oilers team that can beat Iggy, is Souray. I don't know that even MacIntyre could take him on, and Mac is gone now.
What? You think that MacIntyre couldn't beat Iginla in a fight? I'd bet that Mac could as could Jacques, maybe Stortini, and Souray. Iginla isn't exactly Bob Probert just because he can beat Moreau.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Belcriss
Positive steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
What? You think that MacIntyre couldn't beat Iginla in a fight? I'd bet that Mac could as could Jacques, maybe Stortini, and Souray. Iginla isn't exactly Bob Probert just because he can beat Moreau.
Mac hasn't won to many since he broke his orbital bone against Goddard. No compliment to Iginla, Mac isn't just being sent down because he can't play hockey. I don't think he has the nerve to fight anymore either.

Old
11-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Mac hasn't won to many since he broke his orbital bone against Goddard. No compliment to Iginla, Mac isn't just being sent down because he can't play hockey. I don't think he has the nerve to fight anymore either.
Yeah, he's fought Boogard and Magrattan since then. 2 real puny wimps. He'd kick Iginla's ass all over the ice, don't kid yourself into thinking otherwise.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 10:39 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Countdown until this Souray/injury thread is hijacked too.

SeriousBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 10:46 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Why hasn't there been much for updates on his status? I've been looking around for info on what he's been doing in terms of exercise and whether or not he's had headaches but I can't find anything...

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 10:50 PM
GSC

Quote:
Agreed, totally. Iginla stuck his stick in Souray's feet, and I don't buy the accident part. Lets face it, players are supposed to be in control of their stick at all times, thats why on a highstick, there is no defence. I digress however, he stuck it in Souray's feet, and followed through. To me, it looked deliberate. Of course, I am not the NHL, and probably not the not so silent majority around here.
I'm in agreement with you.

Iginla knew exactly what he was doing with a stick, these guys are pros for a reason.

GSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 01:07 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

omg reddox!

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 01:37 AM
Joseppi

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Why hasn't there been much for updates on his status? I've been looking around for info on what he's been doing in terms of exercise and whether or not he's had headaches but I can't find anything...
He wouldn't be practicing right now if he was. He's probably going to be inserted back in the lineup after he's had a few symptom free full contact practices, which can't be too far away if he's been doing drills.

I suspect we'll be seeing him back in the lineup sooner rather than later, barring any complications.

Joseppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 11:58 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Yes and he sat in the penalty box.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 11:59 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
Countdown until this Souray/injury thread is hijacked too.

Horcoff is overpaid.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Mentallydull

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post

Quinn didn't suggest he do anything of the sort.

Mentallydull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 12:36 PM
SlowFreshOil*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallydull View Post
Quinn didn't suggest he do anything of the sort.
Quinn was miffed that Moreau even "honored" Iggy with a fight.

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote