HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado/Montreal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-11-2009, 04:00 PM
  #1
Mac Man
Registered User
 
Mac Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 570
vCash: 500
Colorado/Montreal



Marek Svatos



Sergei Kostitsyn


I'm doing this for a few reasons,

1. Kostitsyn wants out of Montreal and most Avs fans really dont want Svatos there any more.

2. If the Avs are really looking at signing Forsberg it could free up a roster spot for him on the second line.

3. Mabey a change of scenery would do both players some good, both are very skilled players and just need to find the right linemates to play with.

4. Svatos would fit in with all the little people in Montreal.


GO AVS GO

Mac Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 04:27 PM
  #2
Frenchy
Global Moderator
 
Frenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alma, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,351
vCash: 3375
True that we're not warm to the idea of playing Svatos , but that doesnt mean that we want to get rid of him at all cost .

sucks that the draft doesnt have 12 rounds anymore , that would have been useful right now .

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 04:31 PM
  #3
El Maestro
Registered User
 
El Maestro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: France
Posts: 4,049
vCash: 500
It's a pretty good proposal imo.

El Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 05:01 PM
  #4
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,416
vCash: 50
How do the contracts compare? $$$ and time...

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 05:11 PM
  #5
Frenchy
Global Moderator
 
Frenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alma, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,351
vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
How do the contracts compare? $$$ and time...
trust me, too expensive versus what we will receve in return for Svatos .

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 05:13 PM
  #6
mstad101
Registered User
 
mstad101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
trust me, too expensive versus what we will receve in return for Svatos .
Svatos is one year left,
just over 2 million i believe.

mstad101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 05:14 PM
  #7
Frenchy
Global Moderator
 
Frenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alma, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,351
vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Svatos is one year left,
just over 2 million i believe.
I wasnt talking only about $$$

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 05:20 PM
  #8
Mac Man
Registered User
 
Mac Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
I wasnt talking only about $$$
He means production.


GO AVS GO

Mac Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 05:24 PM
  #9
Pure
Registered User
 
Pure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,942
vCash: 665
I donno, Sacco seems to love Svatos for some reason and if Sacco can bench Hensick whenever he wants, I donno what he would do to a guy with an attitude like Sergei.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 06:00 PM
  #10
benji
Took too much, man.
 
benji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Too much.
Posts: 10,452
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
I donno, Sacco seems to love Svatos for some reason and if Sacco can bench Hensick whenever he wants, I donno what he would do to a guy with an attitude like Sergei.
What's the big knock(s) on Svatos recently? Just production or are there effort issues as well?

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 06:55 PM
  #11
thedoctor
                    
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji View Post
What's the big knock(s) on Svatos recently? Just production or are there effort issues as well?
Effort is never a problem with Svatos. He never stops.

It's more chemistry. He just doesn't fit with anyone on the Avs at even strength. He needs very specific conditions around him to produce. And he's always a defensive/hooking liability.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 07:00 PM
  #12
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,459
vCash: 500
Habs don't have the cap space or the patience to deal with yet another small 2nd line forward, big fat no from the Habs, we need size up front, if not, no deal.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 07:04 PM
  #13
Mac Man
Registered User
 
Mac Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Habs don't have the cap space or the patience to deal with yet another small 2nd line forward, big fat no from the Habs, we need size up front, if not, no deal.
The Habs do have the cap space, I made sure before I made the proposal.


GO AVS GO

Mac Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 07:14 PM
  #14
Frenchy
Global Moderator
 
Frenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alma, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,351
vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Man View Post
He means production.


GO AVS GO
i was talking about the off ice problems that comes with Sergei K., Plus add the fact that , to me , he's a lazy hockey player . But if you like you can add the production too ...

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 07:56 PM
  #15
Mac Man
Registered User
 
Mac Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
i was talking about the off ice problems that comes with Sergei K., Plus add the fact that , to me , he's a lazy hockey player . But if you like you can add the production too ...
My bad, I thought you were talking about Svatos. You do make a good point about Sergei though. Sorry for the mix up.


GO AVS GO

Mac Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 08:20 PM
  #16
benji
Took too much, man.
 
benji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Too much.
Posts: 10,452
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to benji
From a Habs fan, I'd do it. Yeah they're small, but a move like this would only improve the current lineup and would offer Sergei Kostitsyn a change of scenery, which I think can help him too. He's a good player.

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 10:37 PM
  #17
Frenchy
Global Moderator
 
Frenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alma, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,351
vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Man View Post
My bad, I thought you were talking about Svatos. You do make a good point about Sergei though. Sorry for the mix up.


GO AVS GO
no prob bud

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 10:39 PM
  #18
NHL33*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 7,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji View Post
What's the big knock(s) on Svatos recently? Just production or are there effort issues as well?
Streaky. Also not that great defensively but hustles.

This trade doesn't necessarily do much for the Avs, so no dice I guess.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 11:06 PM
  #19
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,846
vCash: 500
Habs fan here and I say no. Not cause it's not fair but simply cause I still beleive the Sergei will be a good player. He is a bit bigger, cheaper and yougner. Not knockinf Svatos but he is the last thing Montreal needs. Maybe a guy like Chris Stewart.
What would you take for Chris?

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 11:54 PM
  #20
quesosauce
Registered User
 
quesosauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 2,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Habs fan here and I say no. Not cause it's not fair but simply cause I still beleive the Sergei will be a good player. He is a bit bigger, cheaper and yougner. Not knockinf Svatos but he is the last thing Montreal needs. Maybe a guy like Chris Stewart.
What would you take for Chris?
nothing you'd have to offer, as we are short on big power forwards

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 06:44 AM
  #21
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,416
vCash: 50
Sounds like our best bet would be to package Svatos with something else for someone better, if we're hell-bent on getting rid of him. Maybe Clark, Salei, or someone along those lines.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 08:07 AM
  #22
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,361
vCash: 500
If Sergei is still adamant on leaving the organization, I'd take it. I mean, we definitely have openings on the 2nd line. Svatos isn't really what we ideally would want to fill the opening. But we're not exactly overflowing with alternate options right now. It's better than getting a 7th round pick for SK. Maybe Svatos can't do anything for us, but it'd be worth a try.

Flip side, if Sergei is getting his head on straight at last, I'd keep him. If you put him in the NHL today on the 2nd line, he'd produce more than Svatos IMHO. His problems aren't with his ability to produce. Mostly, he's got to get over his ego and the lack of discipline that follows from that. I think people are way off base when they say SK is lazy. I've probably seen him play close to 200 times now. He has a lot of energy and enthusiasm on the ice. The problem is that it's just very very poorly channeled.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 08:12 AM
  #23
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
If Sergei is still adamant on leaving the organization, I'd take it. I mean, we definitely have openings on the 2nd line. Svatos isn't really what we ideally would want to fill the opening. But we're not exactly overflowing with alternate options right now. It's better than getting a 7th round pick for SK. Maybe Svatos can't do anything for us, but it'd be worth a try.

Flip side, if Sergei is getting his head on straight at last, I'd keep him. If you put him in the NHL today on the 2nd line, he'd produce more than Svatos IMHO. His problems aren't with his ability to produce. Mostly, he's got to get over his ego and the lack of discipline that follows from that. I think people are way off base when they say SK is lazy. I've probably seen him play close to 200 times now. He has a lot of energy and enthusiasm on the ice. The problem is that it's just very very poorly channeled.
We get fead crap by the media....I'm sure it's a possibilty but he said himself that he wants in the NHL so.....I'm sure that if he is playing in the NHL by the season end, he sticks around.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 12:35 PM
  #24
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,189
vCash: 500
Montreal would have more interest in David Jones or Cody Mcleod they represent montreal needs.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 07:10 PM
  #25
Mac Man
Registered User
 
Mac Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyWarrior View Post
Montreal would have more interest in David Jones or Cody Mcleod they represent montreal needs.
What would Montreal be willing to give up for one of them. I Don't think the AVS would be willing to part with either one but I was just wondering what kind of return we would get.


GO AVS GO

Mac Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.