HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dismantled. Disheartened. Disgusting.

Old
11-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Lessy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBad View Post
Well it was Game 3 in 4 nights, ENough injuries to sink anyone but for fak sake we better get a powerplay unit that can shoot the ****ing puck. seriously
Tell me about it. There's no group of forwards in the NHL that shoot the puck worse than the Oilers. And after the two bombs of Souray and Lubo none of the D can shoot it either.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post
Meh.

Thought the team played alright everything considered. Both goalies were good.

And is anybody complaining about the PP if O'Sullivan scores instead of hitting the outside of the post?
Thought it was a great game and the most outstanding entertaining game of the season. I love tough fought battles like this against good opponents.

Sully hits two posts, scores the only goal and people ragging on him?

I don't get that.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 09:42 PM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest View Post
1rst period wasn't very good...but they came on strong in the 2nd. Effort wise...its a passing grade...but Sully was leaned on heavily and I insist thats NOT the guy you want to depend on when the pts. are on the line. He just doesn't have the poise to make the pay day shots.
Any explanation as to how he's so good in the shootout then?

Although, similarly, Hemsky has scored more 'clutch' goals than any other Oiler in the past 10 years and ain't all that special there...

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 09:43 PM
oilersnyc

Seriously ... lay off O'Sullivan ... at least the guy shoots the puck.

oilersnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Hemsky and POS need to see the far end of the bench for a little bit. Neither is willing to play a complete, simple game like Quinn's demanding and it's hurting us.

Why does Hemsky insist on passing behind him on a diagonal to a player who is obviously not ready for it? He's just throwing them out there like everyone can read his mind. Enough.
Every player on the ice should be ready for a pass. This isn't tyke.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
They looked dead after the incident with Reddox, that's just not good enough.

They got out goaltended, not that Khabby was bad, Miller was just better, and the team wasn't big in the clutch. This is frustrating. I was happy with most of the effort, considering everything, but they had their chances and should have earned a better result.
Why did I have a feeling somebody was going to get injured. It's always trouble when you play a team that barely has any injuries and the other team is depleted by injuries.

11-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Phaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Looks like I nailed the 3-1 Sabres score anyway.

Sabres are a great team and we don't matchup well against them.

Penner was owned today expectedly against a club with some solid Defenders.

Sully had a fantastic game till the late turnover with 24 secs left where he was trying to force something.
Penner was throwing around the buffalo defencemen for most of the game, save a few plays (like rivet breaking his stick)

Phaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 09:44 PM
OILFAN #81

Last year I would have been frustrated to be Ales Hemsky because of the linemates you play with, this year I would be frustrated to be Dustin Penner. Penner is working his butt off getting chances and #83 is just coasting and giving the puck away. Show some heart Ales and stop being so damn lazy, god.

The effort was there the last 2 nights, I think we deserved 3 out of pts but only came away with 1. Frustrating. Good teams would have found a way to win these past 2 nights. And that's why they go to the playoffs year after year and we hardly do.

I will be excited to see Souray back in the lineup soon. He will help the PP and he has a ton of heart.

OILFAN #81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Lounge Act*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFJ fan212 View Post
There is a reason why LA gave up on O'Sullivan, he is brutal. We love to pick up other teams garbage.
I wouldn't say O'sullivan is "garbage" but the Oilers do seem to have a habit of picking up the type of players who are due for a breakout season but never seem to pan out. I think it's because the Oilers are such a bad team these players never realize their potential until they leave Edmonton. Lupul, Pitkanen, even Erik Cole seemed like a different player when he was traded back to Carolina.

Lounge Act* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:
Thought it was a great game and the most outstanding entertaining game of the season. I love tough fought battles like this against good opponents.

I don't get that.
I really liked O'Sullivan on the PK as well. I believe he was with Penner both times he lost his stick and he still kept us in there.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

vCash: 1032
Another offensive zone, obvious needless penalty. Thanks Captain.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lessy

Am I the only one that wanted the goalie pulled with 3 minutes or so remaining? A 6 on 4 is absolutely huge compared to a 6 on 5 or even a 5 on 4. IMO it's definitely worth the risk to get that two man advantage as opposed to waiting it out. Also, when's the last time this team tied the game with a pulled goalie? I honestly can't remember our last significant empty netter.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KarmaPolice
No Hope...

vCash: 5013
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
A little perspective: the team is still 1-1-1 so far on a 5 game road trip. Picking up 3 points in a '3 games in 4 night' stretch on the road is hardly disastrous.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 09:46 PM
MePutPuckInNet

Can't understand the Sully hate on around here. WTF?? I thought he had a really good game. He battled for pucks and won, he finally got a goal. Looked to me like he was working hard out there all night. Sure, the empty netter was on him, but holy crap, people. Were we watching the same game?

MePutPuckInNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 09:46 PM
elpol
Re-Registered User

Quote:

I don't get that.
That's 3 games now where their compete level has definitely been much better overall. Long way to go, but this is a positive sign. We could all use positive signs from these guys, no?

What's become more than painfully obvious is Moreau/Pies/Comrie/Gilbert, just ain't helping the cause.

elpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz View Post
Penner was throwing around the buffalo defencemen for most of the game, save a few plays (like rivet breaking his stick)
You watched a different game than I did. Penner never even got a shot away until the second period.

Stortini was more dangerous than Penner tonight.

Old
DangerMan
@danlizee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
Why did I have a feeling somebody was going to get injured. It's always trouble when you play a team that barely has any injuries and the other team is depleted by injuries.
The Oilers played the last half of the game like a bunch of corpses has a lot to do with injuries. They just don't look prepared to take the ice shift in and shift out. When everyone else out on the ice is playing hard and you're not, you're gonna get hurt.

Grebs took a knee on knee on the last shift of the game, wouldn't be surprised to hear more bad news from that.

DangerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shizuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post
I will be excited to see Souray back in the lineup soon. He will help the PP and he has a ton of heart.
Yeah you know what, I understand the guy's impact on the game and through the lineup as far as physical presence and his shot, but the rest of these clowns are million dollar hockey players. They have reached the highest level of the sport, and they sure as hell shouldn't be so reliant on ONE guy to bring it in terms of competition. Where is the professional pride, exactly? Pretty sick of the lack of effort...

Shizuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Phaser

Quote:
You watched a different game than I did. Penner never even got a shot away until the second period.

Maybe not, but he was still battling (and winning) on the boards and was not even close to being owned.

Stortini was more dangerous? Seriously?

Phaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
A little perspective: the team is still 1-1-1 so far on a 5 game road trip. Picking up 3 points in a '3 games in 4 night' stretch on the road is hardly disastrous.
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MePutPuckInNet View Post
Can't understand the Sully hate on around here. WTF?? I thought he had a really good game. He battled for pucks and won, he finally got a goal. Looked to me like he was working hard out there all night. Sure, the empty netter was on him, but holy crap, people. Were we watching the same game?
Group think.

It's pretty scary watching it in action honestly...

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MePutPuckInNet View Post
Sully had a fantastic game. All areas. 3rd period pk work was superb or the game was already over.

Sully beat Ryan Miller 3times. Say it along with me people.

You won't ever see that a lot.

Old
11-11-2009, 09:49 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

All the hate for Hemsky cracks me up. Any time a skilled player doesn't do much it'll look like they're not trying...he's trying his moves and it's not always gonig to work. Would you prefer a grunt player who will never do score but always look like he's working hard. Semin gets the same treatment in Washington.

These players make great plays b.c they try low % plays that other players would never try....

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lounge Act*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
Also, when's the last time this team tied the game with a pulled goalie? I honestly can't remember our last significant empty netter.
Their first game vs. the Canucks after the lockout.

I would mention Hemsky/Stefan but it is such a one in a million type thing.

Lounge Act* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Belcriss
McDavid Sweepstakes!

Send a message via Skype™ to Belcriss
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
I agree to a point. Taking the long view that is. But, in the short view, a 5 min PP to tie a game, and not even a great chance, that you got robbed on? Thats just pathetic. That is why most posters are disgruntled tonight.

Belcriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

Quote:

Wow...

Man, I've seen some bias against some players in my days, but yours is just amazing.

Your boy Sullivan, by the way, was as soft on the puck during that 5 min powerplay as any Oiler has been this year.

Ol' Jase is offline   Reply With Quote