HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

On the fence about Hemmer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-13-2009, 01:07 PM
  #101
rigger
Registered User
 
rigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jessica Alba's Dream
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 8,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I gave you six players that are better than Hemsky that played here in the last five years. That is what you asked for. Dont get mad at me. Im just following your rules. I would say the team has missed Souray much more than they have missed Hemsky when he has been gone. Last year we tanked without Visnovsky. Hemsky isnt even close to being the best player on this team right now, never mind in the last five years.
None of the players you listed wanted to be here. I know you are being confrontational because you get some weird satisfaction from you thinking you are always right, and arguing a point till you're blue in the face even though you know you're wrong.

Hemsky has been the best edmonton Oiler over the past 5 years, not one or two seasons from the past five years, but over the past 5 years there has not been a player who has contributed more.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:08 PM
  #102
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I gave you six players that are better than Hemsky that played here in the last five years. That is what you asked for. Dont get mad at me. Im just following your rules. I would say the team has missed Souray much more than they have missed Hemsky when he has been gone. Last year we tanked without Visnovsky. Hemsky isnt even close to being the best player on this team right now, never mind in the last five years.
What?

So salary is now not important? Isn't that a given on this board? Should I have to even mention it? I really thought is was a given!

In fact people that try to ignore Horcoff's salary are laughed at! Should I laugh at you because you want to ignore Hemsky's salary?

Isn't that the be all and end all on this board?

Funny how I have to make it a perimiter? I have to actually mention his salary and his production? Shouldn't it be an obvious factor?

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:12 PM
  #103
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,617
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
None of the players you listed wanted to be here. I know you are being confrontational because you get some weird satisfaction from you thinking you are always right, and arguing a point till you're blue in the face even though you know you're wrong.

Hemsky has been the best edmonton Oiler over the past 5 years, not one or two seasons from the past five years, but over the past 5 years there has not been a player who has contributed more.
How dare I question Hemky. He is the bestest player ever. Just look what he's done for us over the last five years. Oops.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:14 PM
  #104
rigger
Registered User
 
rigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jessica Alba's Dream
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 8,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Pronger, Roloson, Smyth, Souray, Visnovsky, Penner.
Pronger is the only player who I would trade Hemsky for one for one. And I may not even do it today because of age and contracts.

Over the past 5 years Pronger and Roloson helped us to a SCF appearance. Then Pronger helped this team struggle for the next 3 years and Roloson, though decent, didn't exactly steal us a ton of games, especially last year.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:15 PM
  #105
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,617
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
What?

So salary is now not important? Isn't that a given on this board? Should I have to even mention it? I really thought is was a given!

In fact people that try to ignore Horcoff's salary are laughed at! Should I laugh at you because you want to ignore Hemsky's salary?

Isn't that the be all and end all on this board?

Funny how I have to make it a perimiter? I have to actually mention his salary and his production? Shouldn't it be an obvious factor?
Some of the players I mentioned make less, some the same, some more, Souray and Vis make 1-1.5 more. Is that something to be concerned about? Really? Whatever man.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:15 PM
  #106
rigger
Registered User
 
rigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jessica Alba's Dream
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 8,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Some of the players I mentioned make less, some the same, some more, Souray and Vis make 1-1.5 more. Is that something to be concerned about? Really? Whatever man.
Of course 1 makes less, he's a backup goalie.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:16 PM
  #107
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,617
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
Pronger is the only player who I would trade Hemsky for one for one. And I may not even do it today because of age and contracts.

Over the past 5 years Pronger and Roloson helped us to a SCF appearance. Then Pronger helped this team struggle for the next 3 years and Roloson, though decent, didn't exactly steal us a ton of games, especially last year.
Are you joking? Roloson was our best player last year. It wasnt even close.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:18 PM
  #108
rigger
Registered User
 
rigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jessica Alba's Dream
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 8,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Are you joking? Roloson was our best player last year. It wasnt even close.
Souray was our best player last year. Hemsky was our best forward and Roloson was our best goalie and had the 18th best save percentage in the league.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:18 PM
  #109
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,617
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
Of course 1 makes less, he's a backup goalie.
A backup goalie that was much more valuable to this team over the last five years than Hemsky.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:19 PM
  #110
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,617
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
Souray was our best player last year. Hemsky was our best forward and Roloson was our best goalie and had the 18th best save percentage in the league.
Why dont you start a poll? Or are you afraid what the answer would be?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:20 PM
  #111
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
Haha, this is funny. Penner has been great this season. I hope he keeps it up but in the 3 seasons Penner has scored 106 points, in that same time period Hemsky put up 154 in 17 less games.

Souray and Visnovsky have been great defenders for this team. Lubo, has been decent, souray great.
Penner produces for 19 games after most of the board were hoping he would be traded for a buck and a puck and suddenly he is better than a guy that has produced at almost a point a game pace his whole career. That just emphasizes how bad the "Hemsky is terrible" argument really is.

When you have to resort to two dman, players that aren't even here and haven't been here for awhile and a goaltender to try to bolster your argument you know it is pretty weak!

He can hide behind it was my perimeters but frankly he made his argument look weaker!

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:25 PM
  #112
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,617
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
Penner produces for 19 games after most of the board were hoping he would be traded for a buck and a puck and suddenly he is better than a guy that has produced at almost a point a game pace his whole career. That just emphasizes how bad the "Hemsky is terrible" argument really is.

When you have to resort to two dman, players that aren't even here and haven't been here for awhile and a goaltender to try to bolster your argument you know it is pretty weak!

He can hide behind it was my perimeters but frankly he made his argument look weaker!
Start a poll and we will see who has the weak argument. Go ahead. I dare you.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:28 PM
  #113
rigger
Registered User
 
rigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jessica Alba's Dream
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 8,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Why dont you start a poll? Or are you afraid what the answer would be?
Because I don't care what other peoples opinion is. Im right.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:34 PM
  #114
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Start a poll and we will see who has the weak argument. Go ahead. I dare you.
What weak argument?

Souray and Vis are dman and paid to be elite dman. Good for them! We need forwards.

We have NO other forward on our roster (note the word have, not had) that has produced even close to what Hemsky has produced over the past five years.

When you bring the salary into the equation the discusssion ends and frankly it is always a point on this board! Any poll question I would produce would include the salary discussion. Still want me to produce that poll question?

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:36 PM
  #115
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
Because I don't care what other peoples opinion is. Im right.
Funny how salary is suddenly not important. Funny how that works! He keeps on ignoring because I didn't bring it up.

Can I start a Horcoff thread and not consider his salary?

I wonder how long it would take before his salary would be brought up.

Maybe that should be the test?

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:37 PM
  #116
rigger
Registered User
 
rigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jessica Alba's Dream
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 8,950
vCash: 500
I don't get this. If you go back in the past 5 years and look at the roster. Who has had the most impact over that 5 year period?

Ales Hemsky has.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:37 PM
  #117
Tedi
Registered User
 
Tedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Why dont you start a poll? Or are you afraid what the answer would be?
I would poll Hemsky. All aspects (forwards, dmen, goalie) are important to a hockey team. And if best means most talented I think that is easily Hemsky. If you mean most valuable to the team then it changes the dynamic, most times it is your Goalie. People seem to fall on and off this particular bandwagon on a game by game basis, in all fairness to Hemsky has he really been that bad. I'm not saying he is untouchable but the player coming back better be worth it.

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:38 PM
  #118
rigger
Registered User
 
rigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jessica Alba's Dream
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 8,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
Funny how salary is suddenly not important.

Can I start a Horcoff thread and not consider his salary?
Maybe you should start a poll asking if salary has any effect on a players value to the team. See IAL has an opinion there.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:39 PM
  #119
Hemskyfanboy83
Registered User
 
Hemskyfanboy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,564
vCash: 500
Souray over Hemsky is a complete joke. Souray is a good soldier who adds a lot to the team but he is pretty damn slow and this leads to quite a lot of problems in his own end. He can make big plays but has never been able to control the pace of a game.

Penner over Hemsky is also a joke at this point. Penner has a long way to go before we can say that. Unless of course we think Kopitar is better than Crosby and Peverley is better than Getzlaf.

Visnovsky I agree is better than Hemsky.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:44 PM
  #120
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post
Souray over Hemsky is a complete joke. Souray is a good soldier who adds a lot to the team but he is pretty damn slow and this leads to quite a lot of problems in his own end. He can make big plays but has never been able to control the pace of a game.

Penner over Hemsky is also a joke at this point. Penner has a long way to go before we can say that. Unless of course we think Kopitar is better than Crosby and Peverley is better than Getzlaf.

Visnovsky I agree is better than Hemsky.
I would agree. He is the only player I would consider better than Hemsky on the roster. We both agree that 19 games do not make a career!

Not that it changes Hemsky's value to the team in ANY capacity but I would agree with your post.

Visnovsky being better than Hemsky is wonderful but it really does not change the value Hemsky provides to the Oiler roster.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:44 PM
  #121
MePutPuckInNet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,385
vCash: 500
I don't understand what salary has to do with what a player actually does or doesn't do on the ice. Its completely irrelevant to the discussion on whether Hemsky is the "best player".

What does he do for the team? Does he even understand the definition? Is he completely self-centered and selfish or is he just oblivious to everyone else on the ice?

You want to turn this discussion into points and salary but neither of those things actually addresses Hemsky's PLAY. As in, what does he do on the ice that actually makes this team competitive????

MePutPuckInNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:45 PM
  #122
Tedi
Registered User
 
Tedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post
Souray over Hemsky is a complete joke. Souray is a good soldier who adds a lot to the team but he is pretty damn slow and this leads to quite a lot of problems in his own end. He can make big plays but has never been able to control the pace of a game.

Penner over Hemsky is also a joke at this point. Penner has a long way to go before we can say that. Unless of course we think Kopitar is better than Crosby and Peverley is better than Getzlaf.

Visnovsky I agree is better than Hemsky.
I disagree, Vis is not more talented than Hemsky and doesn't make a bigger impact in a game either. The Ottawa game was an anomally, typically the Oilers offense is dead in the water without Hemsky. Vis is a very talented offensive dman but not better than Hemsky.

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:52 PM
  #123
OilerzFRLife
 
OilerzFRLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: African Jungles
Posts: 919
vCash: 500
offensively hes a good bang for his buck. defensively a pylon would be much nicer put we may him to put up points on an offensively challenged team and he manages ok. PERIOD

OilerzFRLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:52 PM
  #124
Tedi
Registered User
 
Tedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MePutPuckInNet View Post
I don't understand what salary has to do with what a player actually does or doesn't do on the ice. Its completely irrelevant to the discussion on whether Hemsky is the "best player".

What does he do for the team? Does he even understand the definition? Is he completely self-centered and selfish or is he just oblivious to everyone else on the ice?

You want to turn this discussion into points and salary but neither of those things actually addresses Hemsky's PLAY. As in, what does he do on the ice that actually makes this team competitive????
So he is a great passer because he is self centered and selfish. I think most would like to see him more selfish and take the shot more often. This teams competitiveness relies almost solely on Hemsky offensive ability. You obviously don't like Hemsky but don't let it cloud your ability to see true talent being under utilized.

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:56 PM
  #125
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MePutPuckInNet View Post
I don't understand what salary has to do with what a player actually does or doesn't do on the ice. Its completely irrelevant to the discussion on whether Hemsky is the "best player".

What does he do for the team? Does he even understand the definition? Is he completely self-centered and selfish or is he just oblivious to everyone else on the ice?

You want to turn this discussion into points and salary but neither of those things actually addresses Hemsky's PLAY. As in, what does he do on the ice that actually makes this team competitive????
I think this post exemplifies how bad the argument against Hemsky really is!

I think it should stand out! Points, salary, production. All of them mean nothing.

Why? Because they would hurt my argument. I have nothing else so I will say he provides no value to the team OH except in points, production and salary which mean nothing.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.