HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

David Clarkson

Old
11-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Richer's Ghost
awww summertime

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
I just wanted to state that I picked up Clarkson in the beginning of the season for fantasy and then when he wasn't doing so well, dropped him!

Look at him now since I dropped him...AMAZING!!
I drafted him in the Yahoo league expecting this kind of increase in production. I even called it "sleeper pick of the season" when doing so. Are you talking about the ESPN league?

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
I drafted him in the Yahoo league expecting this kind of increase in production. I even called it "sleeper pick of the season" when doing so. Are you talking about the ESPN league?
i drafted him in 2 leagues... was pissed that I drafted Lucic early on in another league, or else it would have been 3. I'd also him in my 4th league... but its a Roto league and I'm saving my RW games for when Havlat comes off the IR.

But yes, sleeper pick of the season. Some could argue Anderson, and thats fair. But Anderson had some value in the beginning because he was going to be a starter... and we saw signs of his play last year.

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 12:58 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Well, we have 44mill on the books for next year and UFAs and RFAs to re-sign. Martin, Clarkson, Bergfors, Mottau, Fraser and the Danis will all be brought back I'd assume.

Figure 5 for p-mart, 1.5-2 for clarky, 1-1.5 for motts and a mill for fraser and Bergfors and the danis. We're talking 10mill+ so we'll have the room. As for parise the year after we'll also have plenty of room. If we sign said players above in the range I gave, then we're staring at roughly 15 mill in cap space going into 2011-12. Plenty of room for parise.

And I just realized that 11-12 is the last year of Brodeur's contract

BrodeursCups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sattar18 View Post
Its Martin without a doubt. But its not like Clarkson is going to earn a absurd increase in salary. However with bergfors contract expiring as well it puts them in a tough position with Zach.
Bergfors isn't going to get a huge raise, neither is Clarkson. Both are RFAs, so Lou can badger them into smaller contracts. My guess is both will stay under $2 M. Mottau will probably be brought back and given a raise. So unless the cap drops significantly, or Lou loses his mind and signs a crazy expensive UFA, we should easily have the space for Parise.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
Well, we have 44mill on the books for next year and UFAs and RFAs to re-sign. Martin, Clarkson, Bergfors, Mottau, Fraser and the Danis will all be brought back I'd assume.

Figure 5 for p-mart, 1.5-2 for clarky, 1-1.5 for motts and a mill for fraser and Bergfors and the danis. We're talking 10mill+ so we'll have the room. As for parise the year after we'll also have plenty of room. If we sign said players above in the range I gave, then we're staring at roughly 15 mill in cap space going into 2011-12. Plenty of room for parise.

And I just realized that 11-12 is the last year of Brodeur's contract
My estimates:

Martin: between $4.5M and $5.5M.
Clarkson: between $2.5M and $3.0M.
Bergfors: Depends entirely on length of contract. Huge potential range when we have no idea what his production is going to be, too.
Danis: In the minimum range.
Mottau: No more than $1.0M, and probably around $800k - if we even re-sign him, given the defensive depth we have that'll be nearing NHL readiness a year from now.
Fraser: depends entirely on length.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 01:02 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
No, I'm in 5 fantasy hockey leagues. I believe it was in my "cheap seats" league and my dad just picked him up!

BTW - The guy in our ESPN league dropped Elias and then asked if anyone wanted to trade for him. I jumped on that one quickly so hopefully he starts producing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bojanglez View Post
i drafted him in 2 leagues... was pissed that I drafted Lucic early on in another league, or else it would have been 3. I'd also him in my 4th league... but its a Roto league and I'm saving my RW games for when Havlat comes off the IR.

But yes, sleeper pick of the season. Some could argue Anderson, and thats fair. But Anderson had some value in the beginning because he was going to be a starter... and we saw signs of his play last year.
Yeah, I have Anderson as my goalie in my one league and it's been a great pick up.

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
no way Clarkson is going to get $2.5-3 IMO

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
I agree, my guess is $2 M. I also think Martin will get more than $5 M. He might be underrated to fans around the league, but you better believe that the other GMs know what he can do. If he hits the open market, the price will be very high. Especially with all the defencemen that have been getting extensions recently. Bergfors I can't predict, it depends on his production this year, and how long Lou wants to sign him for.

Old
11-12-2009, 01:11 PM
sattar18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
My estimates:

Martin: between $4.5M and $5.5M.
Clarkson: between $2.5M and $3.0M.
Bergfors: Depends entirely on length of contract. Huge potential range when we have no idea what his production is going to be, too.
Danis: In the minimum range.
Mottau: No more than $1.0M, and probably around $800k - if we even re-sign him, given the defensive depth we have that'll be nearing NHL readiness a year from now.
Fraser: depends entirely on length.
Martin:5M
Clarkson: 2.0M
Bergfors:1.35M
Danis: Same as this contract
Mottau:800K-1M
Fraser- 700K

Hopefully it leaves room for Zach for around 6.0M-7M

sattar18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Richer's Ghost
awww summertime

Quote:

BTW - The guy in our ESPN league dropped Elias and then asked if anyone wanted to trade for him. I jumped on that one quickly so hopefully he starts producing.
I don't know how you got him when I put in the pickup too and am ahead of you in the waiver priority & lower in the standings...

Old
11-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Fraser- 700K

I think Martin might get more than that, depending on when Lou decides to sign him, but other than that I pretty much agree with these. The Danis may get slightly more than the league minimum that he's making this year.

Old
11-12-2009, 01:23 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Quote:
Fraser- 700K

It leaves plenty of room to give Zach a nice 8yr deal for 56 mill.

Old
11-12-2009, 01:23 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
I don't know how you got him when I put in the pickup too and am ahead of you in the waiver priority & lower in the standings...
When did you put in for him? Does that make a difference?

Old
11-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Richer's Ghost
awww summertime

Quote:
Monday morning.

Old
11-12-2009, 01:33 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Monday morning.
That's interesting...wonder what happened there? I usually do all my fantasy stuff as soon as I get to work at 7am, but the time shouldn't matter if you have a hire waiver priority.

Old
11-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
i don't think it does... i think it goes by "waiver priority" not by time. A guy 12th on the priority list can put a waiver in the first day Player A is on Waivers... but if a guy 1st on the priority list puts a waiver in 10 minutes before the waiver period ends... then the 1st priority gets it. I don't think it has anything, what so ever, to do with when you put it in. At least yahoo leagues. Because otherwise, a nerd could waiver every guy available and win.

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 01:35 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Quote:
That's interesting...wonder what happened there? I usually do all my fantasy stuff as soon as I get to work at 7am, but the time shouldn't matter if you have a hire waiver priority.
I smell foul play...

Old
11-12-2009, 01:39 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

If you looked at my roster, you would say it's okay for me to have Elias, 1/4 of my roster is either listed as DTD or on IR!

Although, some how I'm still in 1st place!

Old
11-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

i dont mean to be a downer, and if anyone actually reads my posts you know how highly i think of him, but taht toe drag yesterday......we all know how often he tries that, he was bound to pull it off sometime. very very nice move though.

i just hope he doesnt try and get to fancy and do that toe drag every time he enters teh zone, he needs to just keeping doing board work, which is where is he most impressive

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

I want to see more Clarkaround goals this year. He's already scored with one move, now he needs to do it with the other.

Old
11-12-2009, 02:13 PM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

Screw the Clarkaround, I want to see him learn a third move!

MasterofGrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Whoa now, let's not get fancy. He only has two moves, I don't know if he can learn a third.

Old
11-12-2009, 02:59 PM
MauDevils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
Easily. Theoretically if this was his UFA year, Burke would be willing to throw the bank at him. Easily 3 million or more.

Out of RFA we will easily have to pay him 2 million, maybe more. 2.5-3m isn't bad for Clarkson, not many players like him in the league. Look at Zubrus' contract...I'd much rather have Clarkson but maybe that's a bad comparison.

MauDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauDevils View Post
Easily. Theoretically if this was his UFA year, Burke would be willing to throw the bank at him. Easily 3 million or more.

Out of RFA we will easily have to pay him 2 million, maybe more. 2.5-3m isn't bad for Clarkson, not many players like him in the league. Look at Zubrus' contract...I'd much rather have Clarkson but maybe that's a bad comparison.
I would say comparable players are Lucic and Burrows. Lucic was recently extended for $4 M/yr, that seems like way too much. Burrows was re-signed last year for $2 M/yr, that seems about right. My guess is Clarkson might get something close to what Burrows got. He seems like a guy who is drinking the Lou-Aid, I don't see him getting greedy.

Old
11-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Harrison Ford

My predictions:

Martin: 4.5-5 mil. He won't get over five is he only gets 30 points. He will have to get at least 40 to get 5.5. I hope he can pick it up offensively this year, because it would be nice to have production coming from the blueline besides Greener. He has the puck moving skills, he just doesn't get the points.

Clarkson: I don't think he will get anything over 2-2.25. Isn't he a RFA? I would say his contract will be very comparable to Dubinsky's or Callahan's because they all are on the same level in terms of play. Gritty, 2nd-3rd line type guys who give lots of energy.

I won't make a prediction on Bergfors, because like you said it will be depending on the years. I think it will also depend on if he can keep up his play this year and maybe step up point wise (which I think will happen when we get a full lineup back.)

I am not sure what we should do about Mottau. He is a great third pairing defenseman, but there are other defenseman with more potential that can be put in that 3rd pairing slot. If Lou feels Eckford, Corrente, Fraser, Taormina, etc. are available and ready for NJ, then I don't think we will see Mottau back. Unless we trade another defenseman, or he is willing to be a number 7.

Harrison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote