HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

S. Niedermayer (ANA) and Fabian Brunnstrom (DAL) on the block

Old
11-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Canad93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Canadian View Post
Brunnstrom scored 17 goals, Tlusty can't even make our roster. Done deal for Stemp for Brunnstrom
Tlusty is a former first round pick who scored a point per game in the AHL at age 20 (first full season in the AHL). Brunnstrom scored 17 goals in 55 games as a 23 or 24 year old rookie, while Tlusty scored 10 goals in 58 games as a 19 year old rookie. I think we can expect more than 17 goals from Jiri three years from now.
Jiri Tlusty's value to the Leafs is higher than Fabian Brunnstrom's.
And Tlusty isn't making $2M+ per season.

Canad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Jim Morrison

Could see Brunnström to Detroit. Think he would be a good fit there and right now it makes even more sense with all their injuries.

Jim Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 11:14 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?

vCash: 27750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canad93 View Post
And Tlusty isn't making $2M+ per season.
Neither is Brunnstrom.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 11:22 PM
CrackerJibbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Cue the Niedermayer to Vancouver rumours.
I would give my left nut to see Niedermayer on the Canucks.

CrackerJibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Poggemon Destiny*

Quote:
Originally Posted by svatos_the_great View Post
What happened to the next Alfredsson? Is it me or the guys who come out of nowhere and get waaay over hyped never live up to the hype or come even close.
Yeah he should have went to the Leafs where any hype would have been killed before he even played a single minute in the NHL.

Poggemon Destiny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Norm MacDonald

I really don't understand what Anaheim has been doing. They had a solid, playoff team and they are blowing it up. The team can still easily turn it around, but trading Niedermayer would just be giving up entirely.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepOrange View Post
I really don't understand what Anaheim has been doing. They had a solid, playoff team and they are blowing it up. The team can still easily turn it around, but trading Niedermayer would just be giving up entirely.
Read the article earlier on in the thread, Nieds isn't going anywhere.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 12:48 AM
nullmeatbag

When I read this, I did think that Vancouver, if Nieds was to be traded, would be a good fit.

Vancouver has a lot of one-way contracts on the back end, and Anaheim could use another top four defenceman (and one to replace Niedermeyer, obviously).

Maybe something like Mitchell + Bieksa/Salo for Nieds?

nullmeatbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:10 AM
Boondock

Lets just kill 2 birds with 1 stone -

To Dallas: Neids
To Ana: Brunnstrom, Grossman, 3rd

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:20 AM
Alistar

Brunnstrom will be fine, he was playing well on the 3rd line earlier this year generating some good offense with Wandell and Sutherby. People are way to eager to trash this guy.. he was one of the top 20 players in the NHL last season in goals per ice time. The kid has talent, there can be no doubt about that.

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:26 AM
john skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Lets just kill 2 birds with 1 stone -

To Dallas: Neids
To Ana: Brunnstrom, Grossman, 3rd
I'm not sure Dallas could afford that. But they would do it in 2 sec if they could swing the money.

john skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 02:13 AM
FruityPants3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
at people who thought that he was the next Alfie. More like the next Dopita.
So at nobody? Or at your reading comprehension?

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 03:35 AM
catters078

Brunstrom and a 2nd for kaberle at the deadline..

catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 06:53 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by john skull View Post
I'm not sure Dallas could afford that. But they would do it in 2 sec if they could swing the money.
There is no way Dallas would do it actually. Grossman is a tank on the defense and IMO will be one of the best shutdown D men in the game in a couple years. Lets also not forget that Niedermayer is 36 and Grossman is 24 and Niedermayer make $6 mil a season while Grossman makes $1 mil.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 07:07 AM
I am Canadian
Swedes + Leafs =

Brunnstrom was never getting top line minutes in Dallas. There is not much in the way that would stop him doing that in TO.

I am Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 08:08 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Canadian View Post
Brunnstrom was never getting top line minutes in Dallas. There is not much in the way that would stop him doing that in TO.
But, Brunnstrom doesn't want to go to T.O.

The article says "some GM's" are interested in Brunnstrom because they believe that he is unhappy playing on the 3rd line. So far, he hasn't shown any hostilities towards the team and hasn't displayed any form of ill feelings towards the situation he's in. If he publicly states he wants out of Dallas then Nieuwy will be forced to deal him. Until then, Bruno is staying.

Besides I can't really think of anyone on the Maple Leafs that I'd want. Except for the obviously, of course.

I liked Stempniak when he was in his St. Louis days but, whether he can find his game again in a change of scenery is too much of a mystery. Plus, his salary is 3.5 mil. and is a UFA by the end of the season.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 08:29 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
I think the only logical destination for Brunnstrom is TO. Burke really wanted him when he was in Vancouver.
Burke was not the GM in Vancouver, it was Nonis who really wanted him and almost got him. Burke was still in Anaheim, remember? But, Nonis does work for Burke now, so i guess T.O could be the most interested.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 08:34 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Aces View Post
Burke was not the GM in Vancouver, it was Nonis who really wanted him and almost got him. Burke was still in Anaheim, remember? But, Nonis does work for Burke now, so i guess T.O could be the most interested.
Im so lost right now...lack of sleep and on pain meds for a broken foot i cant think correctly.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 08:39 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldonnbbaker View Post
When I read this, I did think that Vancouver, if Nieds was to be traded, would be a good fit.

Vancouver has a lot of one-way contracts on the back end, and Anaheim could use another top four defenceman (and one to replace Niedermeyer, obviously).

Maybe something like Mitchell + Bieksa/Salo for Nieds?
Mitchell is not going to be traded... and no team that is moving a rental player is going to want a rental back - and Mitchell is a UFA after this year... he has no value to Anaheim... as the Canucks top shutdown defender, he has lots of value in Vancouver.

And Salo has a NTC (as does Mitchell) and Gillis has already stated he would not ask players with a NTC to waive them.

Bieksa is the only one here that makes any sense... add in a 1st round pick, and a decent forward prospect (Hansen, Grabner, Shirokov) and now you've got a package that can compete with other teams.

If Niedermayer goes on the market, there will be a few teams interested and the price will be high... he is the type of player that can put a team over the top, and such players always get a lot back in trade.

NFITO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 08:55 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

You know, everyone gives Eklund flack about his 3% accuracy rating or whatever, but how often does TSN report rumours and they actually pan out? For all I know they have a great accuracy rating or whatever, but I've noticed a lot of rumours that they report on that never pan out. TSN is second to none on reporting actual done deals, but their rumours seem kind of flimsy.

If you also notice, nowhere in this article is there actually any rumour about Scott Niedermayer being traded. Just him speculating that it's possible. Very misleading title on Dreger's part.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 08:58 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
You know, everyone gives Eklund flack about his 3% accuracy rating or whatever, but how often does TSN report rumours and they actually pan out? For all I know they have a great accuracy rating or whatever, but I've noticed a lot of rumours that they report on that never pan out. TSN is second to none on reporting actual done deals, but their rumours seem kind of flimsy.

If you also notice, nowhere in this article is there actually any rumour about Scott Niedermayer being traded. Just him speculating that it's possible. Very misleading title on Dreger's part.
I don't think that it takes a genius here to put the pieces together.

Niedermayer is a UFA after this year... he doesn't have a NTC... the Ducks may be out of playoff contention and they wouldn't have much need for a soon to be UFA, and Murray has already shown that he's willing to deal veteran pieces for future growth.

add it all up and I don't think it takes an insider to figure out that Niedermayer could be trade bait come deadline time.

NFITO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:05 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

I think Vancouver should make a move for Niedermayer, as they're one of the only teams that could convince him to resign (remember when Niedermayer was trying to decide between Vancouver and Anahiem?)

The cost would be expensive though. I'm thinking something like Raymond, Ellington and two 1sts (similar to the Pronger deal)

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:09 AM
Crimson Devil*

To Anaheim:
Matt Corrente, Andy Greene, 2010 first round pick

To NJ:
S. Niedermayer

Crimson Devil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
I don't think that it takes a genius here to put the pieces together.

Niedermayer is a UFA after this year... he doesn't have a NTC... the Ducks may be out of playoff contention and they wouldn't have much need for a soon to be UFA, and Murray has already shown that he's willing to deal veteran pieces for future growth.

add it all up and I don't think it takes an insider to figure out that Niedermayer could be trade bait come deadline time.
This is true, but Dreger's title makes it sound like he's on the block and is being discussed now, which I don't think is true at all.

Also, Murray has come out and said Niedermayer will retire as a Duck. Obviously GMs lie, and Scotty could request a trade, but I think Niedermayer may be in the same boat as Selanne in the sense that Murph won't deal them.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:11 AM
bleuetbio

Let's to about Bruunstrom. No chance for Scottie to move. The guy doesnt extend his carrer to be moved 20 games after.

Dallas will request a d-man for him IF its true

Last edited by bleuetbio: 11-13-2009 at 09:17 AM.
bleuetbio is offline   Reply With Quote