HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/12 Devils 4, Penguins 1

Old
11-12-2009, 10:44 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty30brodeur View Post
dude your worse than salz. I love how you have to point out negatives on a team ravaged by injuries. But lets talk about how were lucky to win 13 games instead of how good we are to win 13 games without some of our best d men and offensive players. I hate fans like you. Your worse than joe beningo
sir u need some yukon jack. besides, salz is much cooler than colin whites eye.

joke fail. i mean gi.

åboriginal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

everyone relax, holy hell

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
BrodeursCups

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
I've seen it all before. and we had great records before. and I hate to bring up the Salz point that has been discussed to death. but there's some merit to it. we shouldn't be 13-4, but we are.

I would love for you to tell me where I'm wrong too, instead of just saying I'm wrong.
bonus points for bringing up his handling of skill players in the past. Elias and Sykora in '97-98 (Sykora deserved to be sent down in '97, obviously) and Gaborik the entire time.

you gotta let these things come naturally and ripping the kid a new one in a presser isn't necessary unless there was something that happened during the game on the bench that warrented it.

especially since he has a vet who he is familiar with who is hot garbage and he won't touch.
Yes we should be. That rambling rangers homer deserves no praise on this board. Not any board. The fact that this team is able to win so many one goal games is very encouraging, because we know how the playoffs go.

You are what your record says. This team DOES NOT use injuries as an excuse. We continually find ways to win games. Bottom line. I'll leave the "yeah but, what ifs and should'ves" for the haters...

BrodeursCups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
The reason, I think, Lemaire chooses this moment to go after Bergie is because he is not getting crap from everyone else. And frankly, that is good timing. Why tell media and fans that Rolston sucks and is a useless wuss when everybody else thinks so too? Let's not forget that he has given Bergie a TON of support, and remember all those missed shots at the start of the season, LM was supportive as hell. Now is the perfect time to remind B. that LM expect him to be at the level of Zach and Travis.
This is a good point. Bergfors takes a lesson out of it every time he makes a mistake. Lemaire is making sure he also gets a lesson out of it when he does well.

I also think Lemaire is setting high expectations for Bergfors by comparing his poor defensive play to the good two way play of Zajac and Parise. He is saying to Bergfors, I believe you can be as good as these guys, you just have to step up and prove it. Bergfors isn't being handled with kid gloves just because he's a rookie, he's expected to be defensively responsible just like every true Devils player. Lemaire is moulding him to be the two way player he wants.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:47 PM
marty30brodeur*

that should be an infraction. praising salz on these boards.

marty30brodeur* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

I like that Lemaire is doing this. Like people say it keeps Bergy grounded, and it also shows that Lemaire believes that his offense will always be there, but the A game on defense should be there just the same.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:48 PM
marty30brodeur*

inconginto your talking out of your ass. You do not know anything about coaching especially on that level. I rather trust lemaires's methods than anything that comes from you.

Old
11-12-2009, 10:48 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
This is a good point. Bergfors takes a lesson out of it every time he makes a mistake. Lemaire is making sure he also gets a lesson out of it when he does well.

I also think Lemaire is setting high expectations for Bergfors by comparing his poor defensive play to the good two way play of Zajac and Parise. He is saying to Bergfors, I believe you can be as good as these guys, you just have to step up and prove it. Bergfors isn't being handled with kid gloves just because he's a rookie, he's expected to be defensively responsible just like every true Devils player. Lemaire is moulding him to be the two way player he wants.
thats what i take from it also. i do also agree with the few others here that it can be a little over the top but what can u do. if it helps then thats awesome.

Old
11-12-2009, 10:51 PM
sattar18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
I like that Lemaire is doing this. Like people say it keeps Bergy grounded, and it also shows that Lemaire believes that his offense will always be there, but the A game on defense should be there just the same.
Your avy is awesome. Great episode last night

sattar18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:
I've seen it all before. and we had great records before. and I hate to bring up the Salz point that has been discussed to death. but there's some merit to it. we shouldn't be 13-4, but we are.

I would love for you to tell me where I'm wrong too, instead of just saying I'm wrong.
bonus points for bringing up his handling of skill players in the past. Elias and Sykora in '97-98 (Sykora deserved to be sent down in '97, obviously) and Gaborik the entire time.

you gotta let these things come naturally and ripping the kid a new one in a presser isn't necessary unless there was something that happened during the game on the bench that warrented it.

especially since he has a vet who he is familiar with who is hot garbage and he won't touch.
Well, I think Jacques feels he can do that to Bergie without totally destroying his morale. Bergie has been described as kind of a laid back guy. Every time Lemaire has criticized him this season, he responded by saying that he agreed and he has to play better. He doesn't seem too phased by that criticism because he just keeps getting better. If he had a Clemmer-esque meltdown when he talked to the reporters tonight, then I might be worried about Lemaire's strategy.

And for the record, we've looked really good these past couple of weeks. I definitely feel like our record reflects our performance on the ice.

Das Uber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BrodeursCups

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Quote:
inconginto your talking out of your ass. You do not know anything about coaching especially on that level. I rather trust lemaires's methods than anything that comes from you.

Is there really a need for any of this? We're 13-4 and we have posters wanting to strangle eachother...

BrodeursCups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:52 PM
guyincognito

Quote:
that should be an infraction. praising salz on these boards.
being a ****** should also be an infraction, as well as not being able to read for comprehension... lucky for you that's not the case, because you'd be banned ten times over.

guyincognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

This means Lemaire expects alot out of Bergfors, which is good.

Old
11-12-2009, 10:54 PM
guyincognito

Quote:
you still haven't even attempted to disprove what I said. c'mon, try a one paragraph essay on Jacques Lemaire's handling of Elias.

Old
marty30brodeur*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Uber View Post
Well, I think Jacques feels he can do that to Bergie without totally destroying his morale. Bergie has been described as kind of a laid back guy. Every time Lemaire has criticized him this season, he responded by saying that he agreed and he has to play better. He doesn't seem too phased by that criticism because he just keeps getting better. If he had a Clemmer-esque meltdown when he talked to the reporters tonight, then I might be worried about Lemaire's strategy.

And for the record, we've looked really good these past couple of weeks. I definitely feel like our record reflects our performance on the ice.
sry about before but your Aviator looks just like Guyincgonito.
I feel like guyinwhatever roots against us just so the coach he despises gets fired and then he looks right.

Old
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:
What happened to my schooooo?!

Das Uber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

I'm impressed with our defence again. They had some horrible turnovers in the beginning of the game, but they were playing the shutdown defence the Devils are known for by the end. Greene played 24 minutes tonight and got a PP goal. Mottau and Fraser both had good pinches to keep an offensive zone cycle alive. Salvador had like 4 or 5 blocked shots that I remember. I didn't notice White much, but he was solid too. Murphy and Fraser were both over 10 minutes today, either the others were too tired or Lemaire is beginning to trust them in key situations.

Old
11-12-2009, 10:56 PM
guyincognito

Quote:

I just don't like it being done in the press. and I haven't seen the games, I just think being 11-4 going into the last two while only being 6 goals up was a tad weird, especially when three of them weren't goals... of course they've added 5 more to the up column since...

definitely a good thing it's happened, but I wouldn't get psychotically optimistic yet either.

Old
11-12-2009, 10:57 PM
marty30brodeur*

Quote:
you still haven't even attempted to disprove what I said. c'mon, try a one paragraph essay on Jacques Lemaire's handling of Elias.
dude your not even a devils fan. Get of these boards. Your a closest rangers fan.

Again you came on these boards to talk **** about lemaire because you hate him. I didn't know you were with jacques and elias every single in the lockerroom to know anything between the 2. Keep at it with all your hate for lemaire.

Old
11-12-2009, 10:58 PM
marty30brodeur*

Quote:
I just don't like it being done in the press. and I haven't seen the games, I just think being 11-4 going into the last two while only being 6 goals up was a tad weird, especially when three of them weren't goals... of course they've added 5 more to the up column since...

definitely a good thing it's happened, but I wouldn't get psychotically optimistic yet either.
haha you haven't even watched the games.

Old
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

wtf is going on around here

Old
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Quote:
What happened to my schooooo?!
When they flashed the different pictures of Cartman at the beginning of the video announcements, I don't think I've laughed that hard at South Park yet this season...maybe Dead Celebrities or Whale ******.

Old
CFD
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
dude your not even a devils fan. Get of these boards. Your a closest rangers fan.

Again you came on these boards to talk **** about lemaire because you hate him. I didn't know you were with jacques and elias every single in the lockerroom to know anything between the 2. Keep at it with all your hate for lemaire.
You're not helping yourself. You're actually making his point...

CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:59 PM
guyincognito

Quote:
haha you haven't even watched the games.
but I didn't know they were 3 scored goals up and 11-4 at the same time, right? nothing slightly weird about that.

Old
11-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Exactly. Bergfors clearly respects Lemaire's opinions and teachings, and doesn't seem to be taking his criticism personally. When he took that bad penalty, he clearly knew what he did wrong before Lemaire told him. Like you said, he agrees with Lemaire's criticisms and seems to be harder on himself than Lemaire is. As long as it stays like this, and it doesn't negatively affect his play, I don't really care what Lemaire says about him.

Quote:
This means Lemaire expects alot out of Bergfors, which is good.
I agree with this too. Lemaire clearly believes he can make Bergfors into a solid two way forward in the classic Devils mould. I hope he's right.