HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

"Don't you buy no ugly truck" OR "The Canes are playing and it's Friday 13th? Yay!"

Old
11-13-2009, 08:16 AM
Anton Bubdobin
I hates summer

vCash: 500
"Don't you buy no ugly truck" OR "The Canes are playing and it's Friday 13th? Yay!"

[Didn't see anyone claiming this, so I stepped in. A bit lo-fi, but meh.]

Seriously, have we been any less brutal than this guy?

Fewest goals scored in the NHL
Most goals given up in the NHL
Most losses
Only team with zero road wins
29th "best" power play (12.2%)

And the Islanders?
Their record is
6-6-6
Need I say more?

Anton Bubdobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 08:19 AM
Guy

vCash: 200

Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Wolfpuck
5/5 Compete Level

Friday the 13th

13 straight losses

6-6-6 Islanders

Things are aligning for something. Whether it's good or horrendously bad remain to be seen.

Wolfpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 08:31 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I'm really looking forward to who is in out line-up if Yelle & Walker can't go. I'm guessing we won't hear anything until noon (?) when/if Conboy clears waivers and is sent to Albany since I take it he is technically still on the roster until he clears/is sent down. I hope Boychuk is back and one of Bowman/Samson gets the nod. I know I touched on how 'not good' our situation was the other day for a young developing goaltender (Peters), but I don't feel the same way for a young forward (Bowman, in this case) getting the call for a couple games. You don't have the pressure and weight of the world on your shoulders that a goaltender does, especially a young one. With that said, I hope Bowman or Samson get a sniff here, a couple/few games are always good for young guys getting their feet wet and when you're playing competition such as the Islanders & Wild, I believe it presents a good opportunity.

I will say, I will likely be bummed if a guy like Dwyer gets the nod. I like the idea of giving the kids opportunity to get their feet wet for a couple/few games throughout the season. If we plan on calling them up in March after the trade deadline, it's good to give them an idea of what it's like before they go into the fire full time. Even if it's just a few games.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 08:36 AM
dmonk
doughberle

Send a message via ICQ to dmonk
Islanders sing:

Hurricanes sing:

Last edited by dmonk: 11-13-2009 at 08:42 AM.
dmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 08:39 AM
AntonFromAppState
hockeytalkuncensored

I'll be there tonight. Maybe I should start drinking now so tonight's pain will be less.

AntonFromAppState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 08:42 AM
Denzil
NOLU

Bowman is injured, he won't be getting called up.

Denzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 08:43 AM
NobodysFaulkButMine
You jelly, Staal?

Send a message via AIM to NobodysFaulkButMine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I'm really looking forward to who is in out line-up if Yelle & Walker can't go. I'm guessing we won't hear anything until noon (?) when/if Conboy clears waivers and is sent to Albany since I take it he is technically still on the roster until he clears/is sent down. I hope Boychuk is back and one of Bowman/Samson gets the nod. I know I touched on how 'not good' our situation was the other day for a young developing goaltender (Peters), but I don't feel the same way for a young forward (Bowman, in this case) getting the call for a couple games. You don't have the pressure and weight of the world on your shoulders that a goaltender does, especially a young one. With that said, I hope Bowman or Samson get a sniff here, a couple/few games are always good for young guys getting their feet wet and when you're playing competition such as the Islanders & Wild, I believe it presents a good opportunity.

I will say, I will likely be bummed if a guy like Dwyer gets the nod. I like the idea of giving the kids opportunity to get their feet wet for a couple/few games throughout the season. If we plan on calling them up in March after the trade deadline, it's good to give them an idea of what it's like before they go into the fire full time. Even if it's just a few games.
Agreed, but this team has a history of him being our go to guy for call ups. Boychuk was alright, but I think it's better to let Samson or Bowman get the call and give them their chance to shine. Besides it would be nice if we had someone who can actually shoot at an NHL level on this team. I've never seen the boards behind the net take such a beating as they do during a Canes game.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzil View Post

NobodysFaulkButMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Anton Bubdobin
I hates summer

Why not try a Blanchard or Goertzen? Hmm...on second thought, they sound like desserts at Eurodisney.

Anton Bubdobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:23 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Good luck tonight, guys.

dj4aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzil View Post
That's to bad. Any idea what his injury is?

I really hope we give Samson the nod here then. He's played 2 full AHL seasons at 20-21 years old, notched 20 goals each year and is now leading a talented Albany team. Give him a shot, he's never played an NHL game, now is a good time to break the ice and give him a taste.

Old
11-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Just throwing this out there. I believe the last time we played on Friday the 13th, we had an unusual high amount of injuries in the game.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Denzil
NOLU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
That's to bad. Any idea what his injury is?

I really hope we give Samson the nod here then. He's played 2 full AHL seasons at 20-21 years old, notched 20 goals each year and is now leading a talented Albany team. Give him a shot, he's never played an NHL game, now is a good time to break the ice and give him a taste.
He crashed hard into the boards last Saturday against Adirondack, came back and played the rest of the game but missed Wednesday's game at Syracuse, officially the word is a chest injury.

Denzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 10:10 AM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

Yelle and Walker not at the morning skate per the Canes Facebook.

New lines: http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/depthchart.htm?dcid=12

Whitney - Sutter - Cole
Jokinen - Cullen - Ruutu
Samsonov - Brind'Amour - LaRose (this line is unstoppable in NHL 10 )
Kostopoulos - Yelle - Conboy

4th line is obviously not going to be that, though.

11-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Good, Sutter on the top line. It's bugging me like crazy thinking what we're going to do to replace the likes of Walker & Yelle. Two spots need to be filled.

Old
11-13-2009, 10:33 AM
mtxed

Great, Legace's not playing...why'd tehy sign this guy? Play the old man!

mtxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 11:29 AM
imayagainknowanson
Jailbait

Quote:
But Legace will be in goal again tonight for the Islanders, starting his second game since signing with the Canes on Monday.

"Tonight is the night. I've really got to believe it," he said, sitting in his locker after the morning skate. "Yeah, it's tonight. I feel it.

Ruutu feels the win.

imayagainknowanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 11:31 AM
WalkerBabe

The time has come, guys! JUST DO IT!!! LET'S GO, CANES!!!

CaniacFromAppState will be there; I will be there ... who else will be there??? (Attendance this past Wednesday night only 13,500 ... Lowest attendance this year, which I understand. So depressing to watch them lose ... don't know how many I can take! PK should charge half-price for the games until they get it together again ... so you aren't paying so much for the pain. )

WalkerBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

I'll be there.

Quote:
But Legace will be in goal again tonight for the Islanders, starting his second game since signing with the Canes on Monday.
The error in that quote may actually make it more accurate.

Gotta Catch Em Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 12:10 PM
faulkingdynamic
J Troll

They really dont have any choice in starting Leighton. If they dont start him now with Cam out and Manny coming off a loss, I would imagine you would lose Michael altogether. Plus the competition will be good for Manny as well. Im not saying they have a better chance with Michael in net, but if you want to keep him on the team for the short term, you really have to play him.

faulkingdynamic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:15 PM
Citizen Cane
Honoring AAC/11th AF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikani87 View Post
Friday the 13th

13 straight losses

6-6-6 Islanders

Things are aligning for something. Whether it's good or horrendously bad remain to be seen.
Whoa. I'm not leaving the house for the RBC now. The arena may implode like the house in "Carrie."

Is it 2012 already?

Citizen Cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eerodynamic View Post
They really dont have any choice in starting Leighton. If they dont start him now with Cam out and Manny coming off a loss, I would imagine you would lose Michael altogether. Plus the competition will be good for Manny as well. Im not saying they have a better chance with Michael in net, but if you want to keep him on the team for the short term, you really have to play him.

Leighton isn't starting, Manny gets the nod again tonight. I do find it odd that we have yet to have any sort of update on Conboy clearing waivers (which i'm sure is the case) and who will replace Yelle & Walker tonight. If they're bringing anyone in from Albany, they would have to know who by now. Slow day for breaking the news I guess.

Quote:
Manny Legace says he doesn't talk on game days. That's OK. Call it an old goaltender thing.

Last edited by Guerzy: 11-13-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old
11-13-2009, 02:17 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
Why not try a Blanchard or Goertzen? Hmm...on second thought, they sound like desserts at Eurodisney.
"Mommy, I want ice cream on my Goertzen!"

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 02:20 PM
msgtcody

What I'm hearing is Conboy has cleared waivers, was at practice, and will play. Rodney will be dressed as a 7th defenseman. Someone will be double shifting the 4th line center I'm going to guess Brindamour.

msgtcody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Caniac4ever

vCash: 1436
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgtcody View Post
What I'm hearing is Conboy has cleared waivers, was at practice, and will play. Rodney will be dressed as a 7th defenseman. Someone will be double shifting the 4th line center I'm going to guess Brindamour.

I would hope Brindy would be the one taking as many shifts as possible. It would be plain stupid to leave a scoring machine like that on the bench...

Caniac4ever is offline   Reply With Quote