HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm/tor

Old
11-13-2009, 07:53 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachnessmonter View Post
I think the oilers should just give toronto wat they really want already. That is a home town kid with some upside. You switch Cogliano for sully and you got a deal. Cogliano will finally get some top six minutes and could finally take the next step or crumble under the pressure of the most insane hockey market in the world. Either way i think at the moment both Brule and Gagner bring more to the table than Cogliano, unless he grows a few inches and gets stronger and plays alot grittier, as well maintain his speed. Thats the only way would i sign Cogs long term, make him the Buds problem and or solution.
I dont know if I would trade Cogliano either.. maybe cause im not a fan of Matt Stajan at all.. I would definetly rather have Cogs than him.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 12:13 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

I have no interest in moving Tlusty. This trade doesn't make either team any better then they are today.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:08 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
I love how oiler fans are dumping on POS--yet he has 12pts in 19 games

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:24 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

From an Oilers POV, my main interest from TO would be...

1. Ponikarovsky
2. Stajan
3. White

For

O'Sullivan
Gilbert

I doubt Burke would be interested in bringing in two butter soft players though.

Mowzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 08:13 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
If O'Sullivan is a bust then why do you Leaf fans want him? Give us a break. Your team has been just as disappointing as ours this year. The only difference is we're disappointed by injuries.

O'Sullivan hasn't been scoring, but he's worked his but off. We really liked the chemstry he had on the 3rd line with Stone and Comrie and that's where he'll play when Stone is back.

In the meantime, you guys can feel free to make proposals which will save your team from giving Boston the 1st overall pick. I wish you luck.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:12 AM
The Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
If O'Sullivan is a bust then why do you Leaf fans want him? Give us a break. Your team has been just as disappointing as ours this year. The only difference is we're disappointed by injuries.

O'Sullivan hasn't been scoring, but he's worked his but off. We really liked the chemstry he had on the 3rd line with Stone and Comrie and that's where he'll play when Stone is back.

In the meantime, you guys can feel free to make proposals which will save your team from giving Boston the 1st overall pick. I wish you luck.
It was a Bruins fan that called him a bust.

Pull your head out of the sand before you start indiscriminately dumping on the wrong people.

The Management is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:53 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
O'Sullivan is better and has more value than Stajan.
Last two seasons:

O'Sullivan:
2009-10 Edmonton NHL 19 3 9 12 -5
2008-09 Total LA/Edm NHL 81 16 27 43

Stajan
2009-10 Toronto NHL 16 3 7 10 -7
2008-09 Toronto NHL 76 15 40 55 -4

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Last two seasons:

O'Sullivan:
2009-10 Edmonton NHL 19 3 9 12 -5
2008-09 Total LA/Edm NHL 81 16 27 43

Stajan
2009-10 Toronto NHL 16 3 7 10 -7
2008-09 Toronto NHL 76 15 40 55 -4
There's more to value of a player than stats, O'Sullivan plays PK, PP and can play all forward positions. He's also younger than Stajan.

Old
11-14-2009, 01:01 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
There's more to value of a player than stats, O'Sullivan plays PK, PP and can play all forward positions. He's also younger than Stajan.
O'Sullivan has not deleveloped into the player he was suppose to. And Stajan also can play PK and PP.

Old
11-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
O'Sullivan has not deleveloped into the player he was suppose to. And Stajan also can play PK and PP.
Yet he's around the same value of Stajan if not better.

Old
11-14-2009, 01:12 PM
TOCap1

Quote:
Yet he's around the same value of Stajan if not better.
I would rather have a player like POS rather than Stajan, dont get me wrong i like Stajan, but if i can get a player like POS i take it.

However i would not give up Tlusty in the deal for him how about a player like Boyce

TOCap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:12 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post

1. Ponikarovsky
2. Stajan
3. White

For

O'Sullivan
Gilbert

I doubt Burke would be interested in bringing in two butter soft players though.
Even though I'm not a fan of Stajan and doubt Poni's ability to keep up his pace of scoring goals, Edmonton would have to jump on this deal. I doubt Toronto would make it, as well.

I just like the deal because it gives us more cap space after this season.(6.925M if we don't resign any of these guys) I couldn't see us holding onto Stajan or White(He's playing well but we've got enough d-men coming up in the system.)... but they're going RFA, so they might land Poni's size, scoring(if he kept it up) and physical play would likely have Tambo trying to resign him and play 2nd line LW.

Old
11-14-2009, 01:16 PM
TOCap1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post

1. Ponikarovsky
2. Stajan
3. White

For

O'Sullivan
Gilbert

This would not be a good deal at all for Toronto because Gilbert has aroud the same value of white and O'Sullivan is not worth Stajan and Pono

TOCap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Barbadian91
Evgeny Kuznetsov

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post

Patrick O' Sullivan

Matt Stajan

Jiri Tlusty

Maybe some late round picks going either way to even it out?

I understand some Oiler fans are split between Sully and Cogs given the cap & the list of RFAs the oilers have at the end of the season. Matt Stajan may be an effective 3rd line center for the Oil and Jiri Tlusty mat light it up with fellow country-man Ales Hemsky if he begins to display some of the potential skill he has at the highest level. Whadda ya think?
let me fix it
Toronto gets Ales Hemsky,Sheldon Souray
Edmonton gets Tomas Kaberle,Jiri Tlusty,Jason Blake

Barbadian91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:43 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps fan 19 View Post
let me fix it
Toronto gets Ales Hemsky,Sheldon Souray
Edmonton gets Tomas Kaberle,Jiri Tlusty,Jason Blake
Throw in Kessel and a few million dollars in cap space and you've got a deal.

Old
11-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOCap1 View Post
This would not be a good deal at all for Toronto because Gilbert has aroud the same value of white and O'Sullivan is not worth Stajan and Pono
Now Gilbert has been pretty crappy this year.. but he has alot more value than White does..

Old
11-14-2009, 02:07 PM
embracedbias

What? Hell no.

Why in the world do people want to trade Tlusty?

Quote:
Yes a 2nd rounder who's put up 50 points is a bust as for the deal...no.
Who? Stajan?

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 02:17 PM
embracedbias

Quote:
Now Gilbert has been pretty crappy this year.. but he has alot more value than White does..
Why?

White is a year younger than Gilbert.

Gilbert had 33 points and was a - 6 as a 24 year old. White had 26 and was a +6 as a 24 year old (i.e., last season).

Gilbert had 45 points and was a +6 as a 25 year old (i.e., last season). White currently has 10 points in 17 games (on pace for 48) and is a +3.

Brian Burke said today that he's been our best defenseman. Ron Wilson said at the end of last season that White was our best defenseman.

Last edited by embracedbias: 11-15-2009 at 12:48 PM. Reason: error
embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
No he doesn't. He doesn't have alot more value. Gilbert makes 4m and white makes .850M. He has been good defensively and offensively. Gilbert on the other hand. is struggling this year. That does't mean he is crap, it means his value is lower than what it was. We will not give up White for Gilbert in a straight up trade.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 04:45 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by embracedbias View Post
What? Hell no.

Why in the world do people want to trade Tlusty?

Who? Stajan?
He's one of our very few trading chips with more value than expiring contracts, even if some folks think a 20/21 year old scoring a PPG at a level one step lower than the NHL is a bust..

Tlusty also has no affiliation with Burke & given the status of some potential UFAs he may be the best trading chip in a quantity for quality deal.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Someone

Quote:
Why?

Gilbert had 20 points and was a - 6 as a 24 year old. White had 26 and was a +6 as a 24 year old (i.e., last season).

Gilbert had 40 points and was a +6 as a 25 year old (i.e., last season). White currently has 10 points in 17 games (on pace for 48) and is a +3.

Brian Burke said today that he's been our best defenseman. Ron Wilson said at the end of last season that White was our best defenseman.
When did they stop counting Gilbert's goals as points?

Someone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 05:48 PM
oneleafsfan

Ron Wilson has a serious hate on for Matt Stajan. That being said, guess who was out last night taking every faceoff for the Leafs in the last minute of the game VS Chigo. Stajan is a FA at the end of this year. I don't think POS is (correct me if I'm wrong). They are very similar. Both 2nd rounders. Both 50 point guys. That's it. 50 point guys. I'd do the deal just because i doubt the Leafs will sign Stajan after this year. As long as you take Tlusty out. Hell we haven't even given the guy a chance yet. Put him on a line with The Thrill and see how he does first. If he busts, deal him or bury him in the "A".

oneleafsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 06:59 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Homer alert.

Old
11-14-2009, 07:11 PM
I am Canadian
Swedes + Leafs =

Quote:
Originally Posted by section8 View Post
I require your help in cleaning up the coffee i just spit all over my monitor.
Patrick O'Sullivan- 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m) 190 lb

Jiri Tlusty- 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m) 209 lb

I am Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Why?

Gilbert had 33 points and was a - 6 as a 24 year old. White had 26 and was a +6 as a 24 year old (i.e., last season).

Gilbert had 45 points and was a +6 as a 25 year old (i.e., last season). White currently has 10 points in 17 games (on pace for 48) and is a +3.

Fixed the bold for you. You should also keep in mind Gilbert stayed in College rather than jumping to the NHL...that's the reason for the age discrep. Take a look at Gilbert vs White 1st and 2nd years and you get a different picture.

White went from 26 to 21 points while Gilbert went from 33 to 45 points. White's +/- went from +8 to -9 back to +6 Gilbert went from -6 to +6. Not quite the same picture you're trying to paint. Gilbert improved from his 1st to second year and had more points than White in both seasons. In fact White has yet to get as many points as Gilbert did in his first full NHL season.

You're projecting 48 points for White, but his highest career total so far is 26. That's a rather substantial jump, but I guess at one point last season Marty Reasoner was on pace for 82 goals so we all know how accurate projections are when you simply mulitple near the beginning of the season. Leaf fans should be happy for White to hit the mid 30's ths is season as that would show significant development over last season. Just as I wouldn't expect Gilbert to get over 53 points once he settles iinto his game again, just like last year.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote