HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Getting pissed off at your team

Old
11-15-2009, 11:33 AM
KFC

vCash: 500
If you just don't like how the team captain is handling the team and the way a couple of the players are playing, and it isnt something personal, then you need to understand that you arent playing that that skilled a division. Honestly, it sounds like you are taking this way too seriously or at least way more seriously than anyone else you're playing... with even if you have put down $600 dollars to play. From what I've read, the simplest solution for you sounds like finding a new team possibly in a higher skill level division that takes a more serious aproach to the game and you'll find that you feel more comfortable there. Good luck.

KFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 12:40 PM
blueberrydanish

Voice your opinion privately, if nothing changes after that then look for a new team for next season.

blueberrydanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 12:50 PM
CanadaBacon

You got to go up in level. Its beginner hockey ffs.

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 02:19 PM
gluvhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaBacon View Post
You got to go up in level. Its beginner hockey ffs.
While I agree that he should probably go up in level I don't think it being "beginner" hockey has anything to do with it. It's just a bad mix of philosophies and could just as easily be found in more advanced levels. He'll be lucky to find a team at any level where everybody takes it as seriously. Just because the players are better doesn't make them any more serious about it. For some of us, this is the level we're at for the rest of our playing lives, and to just say "It's beginner hockey ffs" is a little insulting. Sorry we all don't measure up.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 02:35 PM
madmutter
Oilyness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
While I agree that he should probably go up in level I don't think it being "beginner" hockey has anything to do with it. It's just a bad mix of philosophies and could just as easily be found in more advanced levels. He'll be lucky to find a team at any level where everybody takes it as seriously. Just because the players are better doesn't make them any more serious about it. For some of us, this is the level we're at for the rest of our playing lives, and to just say "It's beginner hockey ffs" is a little insulting. Sorry we all don't measure up.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

madmutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:28 PM
rinkrat22

but it is beginner hockey.

rinkrat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 05:42 PM
CanadaBacon

Its beginner hockey, you cant rag on other dudes cause they are not good, hell, if you are stuck at D then your not good and have no right to rag on others.

Hence its beginners hockey ffs. Just play to play, whats the problem?

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 08:43 PM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

You know if you have moments of brilliance while skating a shift in I-League, great that is all you can ask for. I think that because you had some success in I-League your head got a little to big to fast. Now that you are up in the big bad D-League your getting dangled by the ringer on the other teams. I think that you ought to take the time and learn to lose like a good sport before you start ragging on you other guys.

I wonder if your teammates are ragging on you on other forums?

adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Hockeyfan68

Anybody getting upset at people being out of position and not playing well for BEGINNER hockey is just not reasonable.

Period.

The team I played for this past summer sucked, we had 5 or 6 guys regularly that never played any organized hockey and had just played on the pond. They had troubles with everything from staying onside to turning pucks over in their own end and we lost every game but one.

I was there for fun and that was what I had. 4 guys on our team who were very good got pissed every game and would insult either the goalie or other players (unless their friend made the mistake) and just made it miserable to play for that team.

I was one of the 6 or so who were decent players who knew what they were doing. I had run into the two guys who were starting the team at a shinny hockey and they asked me to play for them so I agreed. the two guys startng the team suck as players but wanted to have fun anyway.

They allowed the ******** to keep going on with the good players complaining all the time and ruining the fun so I found another team.

I play with guys now who also are not very good and range from sucky players to really good players and we all just have fun and laugh about the bad players making a mistake with the bad players.

I couldn't be happier honestly.

If winning is all you are interested in and not enjoying the LEARNING experieince with others learning then you are in the wrong place.

You need to be either GOOD yourself and can just go play with better players and you do not belong there to begin with OR you are taking this way too seriously because if you are as good as the other guys messing up I would suggest just being quiet and have fun playing anyway.

The advice in here about changing your level of guys you play with makes sense to me if you are better than these guys.

just my point of view, it doesn't mean it is right but it is how I am. Even in men's league games when guys start getting violent and yapping about fighting or whatever I just tell them both to "shutup and play hockey, your NHL career hopes ended years ago and you are in a beer league get over it. There aren't any scouts in the stands.Shake hands and play hockey".

I know some guys won't understand this but I have learned more from games we lost than we have won.

We play for fun and you should too UNLESS you play for a REAL league and a REAL team like semi-pro or pro. otherwise shut the hole under your nose and have fun.

I never played past highschool hockey on the serious side of playing but even then we had fun even when someone screwed up.

Good teamsmanship and good sportsmanship are what you should be doing instead.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote