HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

UFA List?

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2004, 02:35 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
UFA List?

Here is the list of ufa for this summer. http://www.geocities.com/floridapant.../free2004.html

I picked a few that the rangers should sign for depth.

Jassen Cullimore, (III) - Good 5th or 6th Dman pairing. Big man at 6'5 230 that can play physical and he actually plays big and is not soft at all. 79 games 2 goals 5 assist 7 points +8 58 PIM in regular season.

Dean McAmmond, (III) - Speed, Speed, Speed. He will bring it to you. He is good on the PK and Sather has had him in Edmonton. He would prolly come cheap. If he were to sign here, he would play on the first PK with Ortmeyer most likely. 64 games 17 goals 13 assist 30 pts +9 18 PIM this season.

Brett McLean, (VI) - Had a good year for the Hawks, but if they dont sign him, Id think Rangers should take a chance. He is young and good on faceoffs. 76 games 11 goals 20 assist 31 points 11- 54 PIM this season

Jason Wiemer, (V) - Rangers wanted him before, now they can just sign him. Good leader, sticks up for teammates. Not bad on faceoffs. 75 games 8 goals 14 assist 22 points 7- 130 PIM this season.

Curtis Brown, (V) - This would be a good signing. Good PK player, good on faceoffs. Would help us defensivly. 80 games 11 goals 14 assist 25 points +3 36 PIM this season. In playoffs so far 4 games 1 assist but a +1.

Their are more but these are the players i would focus on along with Barnaby and Simon. Im not saying to sign all of these players but if they even signed one or 2 of them, I would be happy. These players have heart. Look at teams like Avs and Sharks who sign guys who are not superstars and they actually play well. Another player id like is Steve Konowalchuk who is ufa, but I think he would resign with Avs, if Avs made an offer. What do you guys think?

Old
04-14-2004, 02:45 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Here is the list of ufa for this summer. http://www.geocities.com/floridapant.../free2004.html

Jassen Cullimore, (III) - Good 5th or 6th Dman pairing. Big man at 6'5 230 that can play physical and he actually plays big and is not soft at all. 79 games 2 goals 5 assist 7 points +8 58 PIM in regular season.

Dean McAmmond, (III) - Speed, Speed, Speed. He will bring it to you. He is good on the PK and Sather has had him in Edmonton. He would prolly come cheap. If he were to sign here, he would play on the first PK with Ortmeyer most likely. 64 games 17 goals 13 assist 30 pts +9 18 PIM this season.

Brett McLean, (VI) - Had a good year for the Hawks, but if they dont sign him, Id think Rangers should take a chance. He is young and good on faceoffs. 76 games 11 goals 20 assist 31 points 11- 54 PIM this season

Jason Wiemer, (V) - Rangers wanted him before, now they can just sign him. Good leader, sticks up for teammates. Not bad on faceoffs. 75 games 8 goals 14 assist 22 points 7- 130 PIM this season.

Curtis Brown, (V) - This would be a good signing. Good PK player, good on faceoffs. Would help us defensivly. 80 games 11 goals 14 assist 25 points +3 36 PIM this season. In playoffs so far 4 games 1 assist but a +1.

Their are more but these are the players i would focus on along with Barnaby and Simon. Im not saying to sign all of these players but if they even signed one or 2 of them, I would be happy. These players have heart. Look at teams like Avs and Sharks who sign guys who are not superstars and they actually play well. Another player id like is Steve Konowalchuk who is ufa, but I think he would resign with Avs, if Avs made an offer. What do you guys think?
Sounds to me like you want to sign a lot of the type of players that we already have.

04-14-2004, 02:49 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Sounds to me like you want to sign a lot of the type of players that we already have.

Yea but id even settle for one or 2. We need at least one or 2 vets they can help our kids. Cullimore would help our d, more than say Purinton or even Mironov would. Cullimore is a big man and knows his limits, we need players who dont try to do too much, that is how turnovers are usually caused if u try to do too much.

Old
04-14-2004, 02:54 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Yea but id even settle for one or 2. We need at least one or 2 vets they can help our kids. Cullimore would help our d, more than say Purinton or even Mironov would. Cullimore is a big man and knows his limits, we need players who dont try to do too much, that is how turnovers are usually caused if u try to do too much.

Yeah I understand where you're going with it. I just think the bigger factor is who the coach is. I would like to see what we really have and watch these guys play for a season under a real coach and in a system.

Old
04-14-2004, 03:02 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Yeah I understand where you're going with it. I just think the bigger factor is who the coach is. I would like to see what we really have and watch these guys play for a season under a real coach and in a system.
True but the guys I have mentioned have done the little things and dont get noticed but they get the job done. Id love to get McAmmond if the price is right. The thing is we cant expect him to do too much. If he signed here and got only 4 goals 8 assist 45 pim but a +10, and really helped our PK to be top 15 id be happy. I can see Sather signing him just because he would help our team alot and Sather knows what his work eithic is and stuff like that.

Old
04-14-2004, 04:11 PM
Burberry Manning

I think our team has a good stock of these types of guys already. I mean we can only throw out a certain number of guys on the PK and 3rd and 4th lines. We have Murray, JOrt, Betts, LaCouture, Green, and then you throw in guys like Grenier(could play 4th line wing), Barnaby, and Simon. Plus you have Holik on the 3rd line with some of these guys if used properly. That right there is over 2 lines of players. It might not be a bad idea to sign ONE of those guys but at some point you have to accept that fact that we now need scoring and talent over grit and defensive forwards.

Old
04-14-2004, 04:43 PM
Barnaby

Barnaby and Sean Burke would be my first two signings.

A player with some heart and a solid starter who seems to work well with younger goaltenders.

Other then that I would just look to add some leadership to help the younger guys out. Someone that can do a comparable job to what Andrewchuk (sp?) has done in TB.

Old
04-14-2004, 04:45 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeding blue
I think our team has a good stock of these types of guys already. I mean we can only throw out a certain number of guys on the PK and 3rd and 4th lines. We have Murray, JOrt, Betts, LaCouture, Green, and then you throw in guys like Grenier(could play 4th line wing), Barnaby, and Simon. Plus you have Holik on the 3rd line with some of these guys if used properly. That right there is over 2 lines of players. It might not be a bad idea to sign ONE of those guys but at some point you have to accept that fact that we now need scoring and talent over grit and defensive forwards.
True, but I wouldn't look to bring in an Alfedsson. Maybe some mediocre offensive players that are known as hardworking players. Remeber we need a shot at Crosby

Old
04-14-2004, 05:07 PM
Janerixon

I'll pass on burke, hes not what this team needs, id rather we give dunham another shot before we go out and sign burke. if we sign any goalie it should be khabi and if we cant get him id like to re-sign mclennan and have mclennan and some of the kids go at it in camp and see, as for dunham i dont know if he will be bought out but i think it is a possibility

guys we should target
khabi
rolston
barnaby
simon
rucinsky (not a top priority but if he could be had hes a top 6 foward)
wiemer and brown are both guys i wouldnt really go after but if we could possibly get one and keep holik as our top center and build a checking line around one of these two i wouldnt complain, weimer is the bigger of the two and plays a nastier game, but brown is very good defensively and could really help our penalty kill and chip in an odd goal

seeing holik-lundmark-brown/weimer-betts as the centers would not be bad at all, but then again i wouldnt complain if we signed rolston and made holik our shutdown center

there is alot that can be done, but it all starts with who becomes our coach and then the next focus should be goaltending

Old
04-14-2004, 05:29 PM
Barnaby

I wouldn't try to build a team via a UFA. I would just try to add some solid players. It's not like were trying to make a run this season. I'd rather give the team a couple years, and then see what holes we need to try and fill.

The reason I mentioned Burke is that he's a solid goalie who's good with younger players. If half way through the season you want to give Lundvquist some time he's not gonna go crazy. He's not going to win you too many games but he wont lose them either.

As for Bulin that doesn't make much sense. If we bring him in all he's gonna do is tend goal for us for the next 3-4 years when we should be rebuilding so all he's gonna do is help us miss out on a top 5 pick the next 2-3 years. Also, see how he reacts if we try to start Blackburn 30 games. I would bring in some sort of veteran goalie. It's too bad Lundvquist wasn't in Hartford last year cuz I wouldn't have minded him splitting time with Mclennan.

I bring back Barnaby, bring in a solid goalie and go from there. The priority must go to the younger players.

Rememer the goal is to rebuild.

Last edited by Barnaby: 04-14-2004 at 06:42 PM.
Old
04-14-2004, 05:48 PM
in the hall

waste to sign these guys when we have kids who can play those roles

Old
04-14-2004, 06:05 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I wouldn't try to build a team via a UFA. I would just try to add some solid players. It's not like were trying to make a run this season. I'd rather give the team a couple years, and then see what holes we need to try and fill.

As for Bulin that doesn't make much sense. If we bring him in all he's gonna do is tend goal for us for the next 3-4 years when we should be rebuilding so all he's gonna do is help us miss out on a top 5 pick the next 2-3 years. Also, see how he reacts if we try to start Blackburn 30 games. I would bring in some sort of veteran goalie. It's too bad Lundvquist wasn't in Hartford last year cuz I wouldn't have minded him splitting time with Mclennan.
i agree with your point that we SHOULD NOT build a team via ufa, thats my list of targets or guys id be interested in, i dont want all of them, id sign 4 of them tops and no more to leave spots for kids

as for bulin
hes 31 and only played 35 games combined in the 99-00, 00-01 season due to his holdout (playing in the IHL and 2 games with tampa after the trade), the guy has way more then 3-4 years, id be willing to say 6 to maybe even 7 because he took time off and the life of a goalie is longer than the life of other positions because goalies dont hit their prime until their 30's

maybe you dont want to sign khabi but ill be more than glad to give him a frontloaded 4 year deal, he is the type of goalie who can win games for us and is capable of taking this team to the playoffs on his own if we just get a good coach to work on defense, killing penalties and some sort of system. i dont care about khabi (if signed) splitting time with blackie, if blackie or lundqvist plays well in hartford this year and earns the back-up spot next season, then khabi will sit when told to, he played 55 games this year for tampa so i cant see him going crazy when told we have to give a kid some ice

as for missing out on top 5 picks, im sorry but id like to get a real coach and a solid goalie and see what we can do next year, i dont think playoffs are impossible (if we get a coach and goalie who is consistent), if we get effort from 20 guys every nite we will have a chance to win, and thats all this team has been lacking over the last 7 years has been consistent effort

Last edited by Janerixon: 04-14-2004 at 06:08 PM.
Old
04-14-2004, 06:11 PM
LondonFan

What interests me more than the UFAs is the potential RFAs who won't be offered new contracts (due to $$).

Old
04-14-2004, 06:13 PM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

Quote:
I would bring in some sort of veteran goalie.

I'd like to see a guy like Tugnutt or even Dafoe (if he's cheap) signed. Someone that won't mind sharing time and gives a sollid effort.

Old
04-14-2004, 06:44 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger
I'd like to see a guy like Tugnutt or even Dafoe (if he's cheap) signed. Someone that won't mind sharing time and gives a sollid effort.
jet
we already have a goalie who is better than both of those goalies in dunham (he just lacks consistency) and ill say mclennan is at least even with tugnutt, dafoe may be better than mclennan but he is constantly injured and had his best years behind a good boston bruin defense, he would be eaten up here

Old
04-14-2004, 06:44 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger
Fine by me, but I'd steer clear of Dafoe, he's been injured a lot lately.

Old
04-14-2004, 06:59 PM
Potter

Send a message via AIM to Potter
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonFan
What interests me more than the UFAs is the potential RFAs who won't be offered new contracts (due to $$).

Anyone got that list?

Old
04-14-2004, 07:08 PM
Burberry Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
i agree with your point that we SHOULD NOT build a team via ufa, thats my list of targets or guys id be interested in, i dont want all of them, id sign 4 of them tops and no more to leave spots for kids

as for bulin
hes 31 and only played 35 games combined in the 99-00, 00-01 season due to his holdout (playing in the IHL and 2 games with tampa after the trade), the guy has way more then 3-4 years, id be willing to say 6 to maybe even 7 because he took time off and the life of a goalie is longer than the life of other positions because goalies dont hit their prime until their 30's

maybe you dont want to sign khabi but ill be more than glad to give him a frontloaded 4 year deal, he is the type of goalie who can win games for us and is capable of taking this team to the playoffs on his own if we just get a good coach to work on defense, killing penalties and some sort of system. i dont care about khabi (if signed) splitting time with blackie, if blackie or lundqvist plays well in hartford this year and earns the back-up spot next season, then khabi will sit when told to, he played 55 games this year for tampa so i cant see him going crazy when told we have to give a kid some ice

as for missing out on top 5 picks, im sorry but id like to get a real coach and a solid goalie and see what we can do next year, i dont think playoffs are impossible (if we get a coach and goalie who is consistent), if we get effort from 20 guys every nite we will have a chance to win, and thats all this team has been lacking over the last 7 years has been consistent effort
I agree that a solid coach could possibly get this team to earn points and challenge for a playoff spot, but I really disagree on Khabi. If we are rebuilding than you have to be committed to Blackburn in the near future (a year or so). He cant sit on the bench or toil in the minors for 4 more years. The guy is almost ready to play in the NHL, he just needs a bit more seasoning and experience, not 4 years worth. Just give this team a decent guy, even Dunham, to bridge the gap and we will be fine.

Old
04-14-2004, 07:15 PM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
jet
we already have a goalie who is better than both of those goalies in dunham (he just lacks consistency) and ill say mclennan is at least even with tugnutt, dafoe may be better than mclennan but he is constantly injured and had his best years behind a good boston bruin defense, he would be eaten up here

Sorry...I meant if Dunham doesn't return...

I guess it all hinges on what Blackburn's status is...if he an be a 30-40 game starter or if he'll play a year in Hartford.

Of course, we may not need a Goalie at all next year...

Old
04-14-2004, 07:24 PM
kickice

Send a message via MSN to kickice
even though I totally agree that we have kids who could play many of these roles, I think it's still important to get a couple solid veteran guys in to help them. Especially on D. If we start with Fedor, Pock, Rachunek, thats 3 guys under 25 already, and 2 of them still rookies, then with Kondratiev maybe, as well.... who knows, but chances are we'll have 3 young D-men. Thats a good thing for sure, but with just Kaspar as a veteran who will definately be back, I'd like to see us sign another solid veteran d-man. I think it'd help those young guys to have a veteran partner on D. I'd like to see somone like Bob Boughner signed.

Last edited by kickice: 04-14-2004 at 07:39 PM.
Old
04-14-2004, 07:40 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonFan
Why would the NYR sign Restricted Free Agents and give up Draft Picks as compensation? That would make little sense for a rebuilding team - and one that is already going to have limited cap room.

Old
04-14-2004, 09:22 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
He means RFAs that won't be qualified, and will then become UFAs.

Old
04-15-2004, 11:20 AM
kazo

Quote:

At 6'5", 230lbs and with 58 pims, I wouldn't consider Cullimore a physical player.
Also, Barnaby's first, second, and third choice to sign as a UFA is Buffalo. Simon's first choice is to play in western Canada.

Old
04-15-2004, 11:29 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Barnaby and Sean Burke would be my first two signings.
Burke is not a UFA. He has a weird clause in his contract that works as follows.

One week after the season ends (only unsure of the date, the rest is factual) Burke and the Flyers have to submit sealed envelopes regarding whether or not they want to pick up the option on Burke's contract.

Burke currently makes $4.5 million.

If only Burke excercises his player option the Flyers owe him $4.25 million for next year.

If only the Flyers excercise the team option the Flyers owe him $4.75 million for next year.

If both Burke and the Flyers excercise their options Burke will get $4.5 million for next year.

If neither Burke or the Flyers excercise the option, Burke becomes a UFA.

Old
04-15-2004, 12:11 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Burke is not a UFA. He has a weird clause in his contract that works as follows.

One week after the season ends (only unsure of the date, the rest is factual) Burke and the Flyers have to submit sealed envelopes regarding whether or not they want to pick up the option on Burke's contract.

Burke currently makes $4.5 million.

If only Burke excercises his player option the Flyers owe him $4.25 million for next year.

If only the Flyers excercise the team option the Flyers owe him $4.75 million for next year.

If both Burke and the Flyers excercise their options Burke will get $4.5 million for next year.

If neither Burke or the Flyers excercise the option, Burke becomes a UFA.
Well I doubt he turns that down

Closed Thread