HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

OT: MMA: Fedor Knocks Out Rogers.

Old
11-14-2009, 12:59 AM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

vCash: 6964
OT: MMA: Fedor Knocks Out Rogers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal007 View Post
Anyways, I came to post this:

Really gave me a laugh, Enjoy!

Awesome.

Gret99zky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:09 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
IMO if Rodgers had more confidence in his abilities he would've won that fight. A rematch would be very interesting to watch.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:42 AM
Philly85
Moody'

Rogers never stood a chance man. It was a typical Fedor fight. Sure he took damage in the first round, but he was analyzing his opponent. It's the way it always goes in his fights (except this time it took awhile longer, by and large). Not to mention it was his first fight in a cage and he hadn't fought MMA in a long ass time. Months! He was rusty as hell and it still took him barely 2 rounds to 1 punch him out. Rogers doesn't deserve a rematch at all, the international consensus is Fedor is without a doubt the #1 heavyweight in the world not only at the moment, but of all time.

"If Rogers was more confident in his abilities..." did you even watch the fight? He won the 1st round and caught Fedor off guard, he had demolished all his opponents up to that point, his confidence could never have been higher.

As for that .gif, that is simply spectacular. I'm showing it to as many people I know ASAP, lol.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:56 AM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
IMO if Rodgers had more confidence in his abilities he would've won that fight. A rematch would be very interesting to watch.
Maybe.

He had a chance and HAD to go for it... and he didn't.

Thing is, a lot of this comes with fighting Fedor and being terrified of making a mistake...

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 02:14 AM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
i don't know about that... fedor basically controlled the match at all times except for the one time where rogers was on top and got a few punches in from above... the cut on the nose from a jab, and happened to cut fedor... fedor was clearly the agressor the entire time... rogers also looked *really* gassed by the end of the first round... fedor was also very, very close to an arm bar half way through the 1st round, which rogers barely excaped from

jadeddog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 02:18 AM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDO View Post
Thing is, a lot of this comes with fighting Fedor and being terrified of making a mistake...
this is exactly it with many fighters facing fedor... you know that one single mistake will likely cost you the match, so you end up fighting very timid... fedor is 33 now, so he only has a couple years left really at the top... it will be interesting if the much talked about lesnar-fedor fight can happen in that 2 year window... fedor has 2 more fights with his current contract to strikeforce, which isn't very many, but fedor doesn't fight very often either... he could very well be fulfilling that contract until 2011

Old
11-14-2009, 02:27 AM
Spawn

Fedor has been in waaaay worse trouble than he was against Rogers. Other than for about 20 seconds he clearly won the first round. And as for the 2nd round... well the gif tells it all.

Fedor smashes anyone in the world at heavy weight. Including Lesnar. Just too bad that fight doesn't seem like it will happen. At least for a long while.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 02:31 AM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Fedor has been in waaaay worse trouble than he was against Rogers. Other than for about 20 seconds he clearly won the first round. And as for the 2nd round... well the gif tells it all.

Fedor smashes anyone in the world at heavy weight. Including Lesnar. Just too bad that fight doesn't seem like it will happen. At least for a long while.
**** Lesnar-Fedor (... Fedor wins).

I want to see Fedor-Mir.

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 04:04 AM
macco

i cant see Fedor ever lossing a fight...

macco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 04:25 AM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by macco View Post
i cant see Fedor ever lossing a fight...
he'll eventually get hit with a lucky punch that catches him just right and knocks him out.... pretty much always happens

or he'll get old, like everybody does, and try going back to the well one too many times

Old
11-14-2009, 04:32 AM
macco

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
he'll eventually get hit with a lucky punch that catches him just right and knocks him out.... pretty much always happens

or he'll get old, like everybody does, and try going back to the well one too many times
i doubt he'd get knocked out, he has taken some good hits, but always recovers.. maybe a cut above the eye again

macco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 05:31 AM
orcatown

Lesnor style is going to expose him to a shot from Fedor and that will probably end it.

Lesnor lacks the experience to be in with Fedor. He leaves lots of openings and Fedor will take adavantage.

orcatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 08:46 AM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
Lesnor style is going to expose him to a shot from Fedor and that will probably end it.

Lesnor lacks the experience to be in with Fedor. He leaves lots of openings and Fedor will take adavantage.
The one thing Lesnar has that Rogers doesnt is cardio. Lesnar may be able to give Fedor some trouble but everyone will know the outcome. Of course, if Lesnar goes chest on chest, then it all depends on Fedor's escape strategy cuz ~280lbs of beast on top aint easy to move around.

frag2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 08:50 AM
GMofOilers

Lesnar would sit on fedor and TKO him. Cant wait to see Lesar and Carwin. Both big big boys. Size matters in the heavy weight class.

Look at what a out of shape Rogers did to Fedor. Just because of the size difference.

GMofOilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Ghostbuster

Lesnar would destroy Fedor hands down.

Last edited by Ghostbuster: 11-14-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Ghostbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 09:59 AM
rprice92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Lesnor would destroy Fedor hands down.
LOL i laugh at this so much. fedor has faced men of every shape and size, a lot of them bigger than him and he's gone on and thrown their bones in the scrap heap. fedor is an android sent to the world to defeat any man that is put in front of him, i mean the most challenge that i felt that has ever been close to beating him was mark hunt. and we all know how that ends. hell, kevin randleman dropped him on his neck and he went and made him submit, there's no stopping him, not even lesnar and i like lesnar

rprice92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Just prior to the KO Rodgers doesn't let his hands go, Fedor did, Fedor won. I would like to see a rematch but only after Rodgers wins another fight or 2 and really works on his game and confidence. Fedor is beatable, everyone is, IMO Lesnar would beat him and in a few fights time so could Rodgers. That said, Fedor is one hell of a fighter.

Old
11-14-2009, 10:16 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:

I want to see Fedor-Mir.
Mir would get his ass kicked. I want to see Fedor-Kimbo

Old
11-14-2009, 10:19 AM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:

I want to see Fedor-Mir.
Lesnar>>>Mir
Fedor>Lesnar
Fedor>>>>>>>>>>>Mir

that fight wouldnt be close

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 10:26 AM
Ghostbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprice92 View Post
LOL i laugh at this so much. fedor has faced men of every shape and size, a lot of them bigger than him and he's gone on and thrown their bones in the scrap heap. fedor is an android sent to the world to defeat any man that is put in front of him, i mean the most challenge that i felt that has ever been close to beating him was mark hunt. and we all know how that ends. hell, kevin randleman dropped him on his neck and he went and made him submit, there's no stopping him, not even lesnar and i like lesnar
Lesnar is much more quick and agile than most 280 pound guys and still getting better. It's not unreasonable to think that Lesnor would beat Fedor. Fedor for the most part is a full out attacker. I believe even if Anderson Silva got up to 240 he would just counter the hell out of Fedor and win that.

To be fair I think in the Fedor/Lesnar fight whoever got it on the button first would lose. However if it went to the ground Lesnar has it in the bag, which is most likely what Lesnar would try to do.

Last edited by Ghostbuster: 11-14-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Ghostbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 10:29 AM
CornKicker
Locked Out

vCash: 50
the best fighter fedor has ever beaten is big nog, and he did it twice and would have a 3rd if not for a cut. fedor is unquestionably the best heavyweight and/or mma fighter ever period. the only people who dont think so are mma fanboys and dont know the history of fedor.

sidenote the commentating on the cbs show was brutal, that gus johnson should never go near an mma event ever. and i dont know what cbs was thinking putting him in the cage to interview fedor after the fight when you have Mauro ringside who actually knows what he is talking about.

*steps in the cage with the greatest fighter ever*

"so brett rogers put on a good fight, lets hear it for brett!!, so what would you say to a rematch between you and rogers?"

i wish the translator would have answered "the guy I just ko'd and left in a pile on the floor? no thanks unnecessary"

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 10:29 AM
CornKicker
Locked Out

vCash: 50
LOL anderson silva would get destroyed by fedor

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 10:48 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
That knock out punch was perfect.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 10:51 AM
pox

Send a message via MSN to pox
Quote:
Lesnor would destroy Fedor hands down.
lol, thanks for starting my morning off with comedy

pox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:03 AM
PuckNut

Quote:
Lesnor is much more quick and agile than most 280 pound guys and still getting better. It's not unreasonable to think that Lesnor would beat Fedor. Fedor for the most part is a full out attacker. I believe even if Anderson Silva got up to 240 he would just counter the hell out of Fedor and win that.

To be fair I think in the Fedor/Lesnor fight whoever got it on the button first would lose. However if it went to the ground Lesnor has it in the bag, which is most likely what Lesnor would try to do.
I keep thinking that you're just a huge Lesnar fan, but then you keep proving me wrong by incorrectly spelling his name.

PuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote