Ribiero responds

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2004, 02:09 PM
hockeyscribe22
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Ribiero responds

WEEI just played sound bytes from the game day skates today and Ribiero blamed his post-fake injury antics on Lapointe saying "he was laughing at me. What am I supposed to do? Just turn around and not do the same?"

What a joke this guy is!

Old
04-13-2004, 02:12 PM
THORNTON19

He's a kid.....nuff said

Old
04-13-2004, 02:13 PM
Traitor8

why is he a joke?

If someone insulted you in a heated rivalry , what would u do..cry all the way to your bench? Ribeiro is a talented player who is cocky and arrogant and he's not gonna take things like that, I can assure you he won't back down from any physical contact this sries since he hasn't so far.

Old
04-13-2004, 02:25 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
why is he a joke?

If someone insulted you in a heated rivalry , what would u do..cry all the way to your bench? Ribeiro is a talented player who is cocky and arrogant and he's not gonna take things like that, I can assure you he won't back down from any physical contact this sries since he hasn't so far.
Like he hasn't any point in this series?
Poor Ribeiro... He is a joke...

Go B's!

Old
04-13-2004, 02:29 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
why is he a joke?

Back down? last time I saw him he had his "back down" on the ice writhing around like somebody that was shot. He disgraced himself, and his uniform. It's over now. Time to move on....

Drop the puck.

Old
04-13-2004, 02:36 PM
BroonzGirl84

:playnice:

Old
04-13-2004, 02:51 PM
BearAttack

Gheeeseeesee!!!
First our board gets loaded with Leaf fans during the trade deadline and now it seems that the Habs board is too crowded (I heard that the Bandwagon gets full anytime they win.) and they have to spend their time trolling on the Bruins (Yes THE BRUINS) board. If you hab fans want to discuss the pros and cons of the Ribero stunt why don't you do it on your own board. (Please)

Old
04-13-2004, 02:54 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang
Gheeeseeesee!!!
First our board gets loaded with Leaf fans during the trade deadline and now it seems that the Habs board is too crowded (I heard that the Bandwagon gets full anytime they win.) and they have to spend their time trolling on the Bruins (Yes THE BRUINS) board. If you hab fans want to discuss the pros and cons of the Ribero stunt why don't you do it on your own board. (Please)
And listening to their crap, you could think they are ahead 3-0!
The Bruins need to put another nail in their cuffin. Two nails to go!

Go B's!

Old
04-13-2004, 02:56 PM
Inertiatic

Quote:
Gheeeseeesee!!!
Might wanna take a look at the Habs board every now and then. It's been infested with B's fans for about a week now.

Not that we don't mind your company

Old
04-13-2004, 03:00 PM
Ogie Ogilthorpe

Brickley was calling him Fibeiro on WEEI today. I don't even care about him anymore. To be truthful I am sick of him, sick of what he did, he's just an idiot and a gutless one at that. He obviously has no self respect, or integrity and can't and probably will never be able to see that what he did was wrong, and wil never understand it. Once we win the series we won't hear from him again until next year. As Boynton says, they will meet in the preseason when games don't count..

Old
04-13-2004, 03:01 PM
wensink

Quote:
Gheeeseeesee!!!
What I find the most ironic is when we get absolutely inundated with other fans and their moronic comments but if someone says anything on their board they get greeted with "why don't you go to your own board, troll!". So apparently being a Habocrite has it's advantages.

Personally, I will not bother posting on another teams board (while we're playing them). Unless there is a specific question related to the B's. It's just that I will never convince them of my side and say just what they want to hear. And it saves me from being called a troll.

Now, regarding Ribiero....all of this hoopla reminded me of a comment once made by the great Lemmy Kilmeister (Motorhead). I will paraphrase:

Question: What do you think of Ribiero?
Answer: I don't think of Ribiero!!

He isn't worth my aggravation or energy.

Let's play the game!!!

Old
04-13-2004, 03:21 PM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
I checked my program, no "Thorton" listed......So I guess he is...
People spelling it "Thorton" is such a pet peeve of mine.

Old
04-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Mad-Marcus

"Fibiero" that's a good one. :lol

Brickley may be the best color man in all of hockey, not easy considing he has to carry Shea. He's very honest with his criticisms. I'm glad they brought him back. I guess he got himself into some trouble at a NESN Xmas party a while back and got himself canned. I'm glad they gave him another chance.

He could easily go national and still be the best.

Old
04-13-2004, 03:31 PM
Ogie Ogilthorpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Marcus
"Fibiero" that's a good one. :lol

Brickley may be the best color man in all of hockey, not easy considing he has to carry Shea. He's very honest with his criticisms. I'm glad they brought him back. I guess he got himself into some trouble at a NESN Xmas party a while back and got himself canned. I'm glad they gave him another chance.

He could easily go national and still be the best.

I completely agree with you, very good at his job, will rake a bruin over the coals if he desrves it, you have to respect that.. I don't want to listen ot A** kissing all game long, which is what most National guys do. To the National guys, every player is one of the best on the team..

Old
04-13-2004, 03:31 PM
Waltah*

Quote:
"Fibiero" that's a good one.
you guys are killing me today. can't wait till tonights game

Old
04-13-2004, 03:38 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

I find it funny that, in the playoffs, a guy with an "injury" doesn't even come to the rink for treatment on the in between day. Yeah, that's because it does not happen--the injured players are ALWAYS re-evaluated at this level and at this time of year if their position in the lineup is in question. Face it Mr. Fraud Julien, Ribber the Fibber is not injured and never was. Even his boy Dagenais was misdiagnosing his "pinched nerve" yesterday as "the wind knocked out of him" and saying he was fine now---but still not at the rink. And then Ribber the Fibber is right back on the ice today--in full on practice mode. Silence would be the only thing that would have worked for Fraud Julien and co they tried to save face by responding and I think it backfired.

Old
04-13-2004, 04:39 PM
blurbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogie Ogilthorpe
I completely agree with you, very good at his job, will rake a bruin over the coals if he desrves it, you have to respect that.. I don't want to listen ot A** kissing all game long, which is what most National guys do. To the National guys, every player is one of the best on the team..
And we all know, the key to the play is that he made himself available!!!!

Old
04-13-2004, 04:46 PM
-Andy

I think the Ribiero flop wouldn't have attracted so much attention if the Habs didn't have such a rep for diving, and if Ribiero didn't have a primadonna rep. Add those two things up and you just don't want to believe the guy. At least, if your a B's fan you don't want to believe the guy.

In any case, I can't remember the last time I saw someone do the curly shuffle like that on the ice. Makes me think he is a soft player who could be taken out of his game with a nice hard check. Or maybe an eye poke ala Moe.

Old
04-13-2004, 04:49 PM
Bruin_Ron

Check this out!

Ribeiro the Weasel

Old
04-13-2004, 05:09 PM
HockeyGoddess

Due to the lack of folks' ability to play by the rules, several posts have been deleted from this thread and their authors have been put on probation. Keep it up, folks. Pretty soon, the entire fan base of both the Habs and the Bruins will be on probation or banned.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
04-13-2004, 05:11 PM
Pay_ola

You that the best thing that will should come out of this is how the refs will respond. I am hopefull that the bruins will get called less on questionable calls and the Habs may get called more for their diving. Also the refs must take a look at the Nylander and Axelsson hits to the head and start calling them. If anything Ribiero did us a big favor and woke the Bruins and the Refs up.

Old
04-13-2004, 05:15 PM
Jeff from Maine

Those 2 Hits

Personally, I dont have any problem with the hit on Axelsson. He had his head down and cut into the hit.

These are exact same things we said to explain McLarens hit on Zednik, and the Stevens hit on Lindros.

That should be a great lesson for Axelsson to learn....keep your head UP and see whats going on!

Ryder cant be expected to avoid that hit. He is looking for the momentum changing hit, and Axey turned into it.

And unfortunate occurance for Axelsson, but one that he could have avoided.

The Nylander hit? Yeah, that probably could have been called. But again, that wasnt all that violent either, for playoff hockey anyway. But I would have liked to seen it get whistled.

Later

Old
04-13-2004, 05:59 PM
lawman

The Habs are trying hard to do damage control on this. They had Souray saying he was hurt and they held Riberio out from practice. Riberio just hasn't upset the B's or woken the refs up. The big problem is that Riberio has shown up the refs with his antics in game 3. The Habs management knows this and is trying to do all the damage control possible so as to not get bad calls from the refs. If you think that refs are not pissed off from being shown up by Riberio by thinking that he was really hurt. You are nuts. Being allowed to flop and saved by the whistle means that the refs totally missed an acting job done right in front of their eyes. The refs will make sure that the Habs and the rest of the league learns that showing up the refs like that is unacceptable.
In my opinion, the best things the Habs could have done was flat out say he faked an injury and has been suspended indefinitely.

Closed Thread