HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Calgary (11-4-2) at Toronto (3-9-5)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-14-2009, 10:24 AM
  #1
houtan99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Diego
Country: Iran
Posts: 431
vCash: 500
Calgary (11-4-2) at Toronto (3-9-5)

Well whether or not anyone wants to accepts it, we do have a game tonight versus the Flames at the good ole ACC.

I got family at the game so I figured I'd start the thread since nobody else has yet!

I'm assuming Monster will get the start... no word yet!


Someone can pretty this up later.

From TSN: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11009


Either Luke Schenn or Garnet Exelby will likely sit in favour of Carl Gunnarsson. Head coach Ron Wilson confirmed last night that Gunnarsson will be playing. - TSN


Projected Lines vs. Flames

Forwards:
Blake - Mitchell - Kessel
Ponikarovsky - Grabovski - Kulemin
Stempniak - Wallin - Hagman
Orr - Stajan - Primeau

Defencemen:
Kaberle - White
Beauchemin - Finger
Schenn/Exelby - Gunnarsson

Goaltenders:
Gustavsson
Toskala


Last edited by ULF_55: 11-14-2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Add TSN Projected Lines.
houtan99 is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 10:27 AM
  #2
UFancyHuh
Registered User
 
UFancyHuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lost
Posts: 10,736
vCash: 500
hopefully monster does get the start tonight

UFancyHuh is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 10:28 AM
  #3
Raging Bull
Registered User
 
Raging Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Hamilton, ONT
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfan07 View Post
hopefully monster does get the start tonight
Won't really matter if they play like the did the first two periods last night, that was probably the worst hockey that have played all year.

Raging Bull is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 10:29 AM
  #4
BIG BLUE
Registered User
 
BIG BLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: United States
Posts: 2,957
vCash: 500

BIG BLUE is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 10:29 AM
  #5
houtan99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Diego
Country: Iran
Posts: 431
vCash: 500
They need to play like the did in the 3rd period last night... we 3 of those together and we should get the win...

houtan99 is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 10:40 AM
  #6
Porn*
Registered User
 
Porn*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In your nightmares
Country: Israel
Posts: 33,614
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Porn*
with the way toskala played yesterday, i'd consider letting him play again imho.

Porn* is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 10:56 AM
  #7
houtan99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Diego
Country: Iran
Posts: 431
vCash: 500
Toskala did make about 3-4 game savers last night... probably his best game of the season... hopefully he can keep it going.

houtan99 is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 11:06 AM
  #8
Paris in Flames
Registered User
 
Paris in Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,240
vCash: 50
Easily Toskala's best game of the season. I commented during the game that he must have used his two weeks off to build a time machine and went back to two seasons ago.

Paris in Flames is online now  
Old
11-14-2009, 11:07 AM
  #9
Oblivion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,629
vCash: 500
It will most likely be McElhinney starting for the Flames tonight. Kiprusoff played last night.

Oblivion is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 11:10 AM
  #10
Al14
Registered User
 
Al14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa (Sens suck)
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,985
vCash: 500
Flames will probably sucker the Leafs into a ton of penalties. Flames 6 Leafs 3.

I really hope I'm wrong and the score is Leafs 4 Flames 1.

Al14 is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 11:27 AM
  #11
Scoogs
Registered User
 
Scoogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,032
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
Apparently it's 80's night at the ACC for tonights game.

Does that mean 80's jerseys?

Scoogs is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 11:32 AM
  #12
Sly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: North Korea
Posts: 822
vCash: 500
Hopefully the Flames don't **** their pants like they did last season against you guys..

Sly is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 11:34 AM
  #13
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly View Post
Hopefully the Flames don't **** their pants like they did last season against you guys..
Hopefully they do. Come on we need this.

Hurt is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 11:37 AM
  #14
TheLeastOfTheBunch
Registered User
 
TheLeastOfTheBunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,050
vCash: 50
Go Leafs Go

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 11:41 AM
  #15
Rifleman
Registered User
 
Rifleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfan07 View Post
hopefully monster does get the start tonight
yep he is.

Rifleman is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 11:41 AM
  #16
stoney
Registered User
 
stoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,554
vCash: 500
I bet I'm the only one who wants Toskala to start again. He saved about 3-4 certain goals, and I recall that we were going to run with the hot goalie.

I also hope we get ripped off by a replay again, just 'cause.

stoney is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 11:42 AM
  #17
Paris in Flames
Registered User
 
Paris in Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,240
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
Apparently it's 80's night at the ACC for tonights game.

Does that mean 80's jerseys?
I'd love that. Something like:



Would be pretty cool, imo.

Paris in Flames is online now  
Old
11-14-2009, 11:44 AM
  #18
mikeo1
Registered User
 
mikeo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,422
vCash: 500
Toskala played well enough to get the start (you're not going to win many games when you give up 20 shots in a period), but with back-to-back games I think they're going to go the safe route with Gustavsson.

mikeo1 is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 11:47 AM
  #19
TuckerThomas
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 357
vCash: 500
Go to the Hawks board and read their comments during the third. Toskala was really getting under their skin. They were talking about him like he was Brodeur. He, by far, had his best game of the year. He needs to be criticized when he fails but also praised when he doesn't. I wouldn't be too worried if he gets the start. But it will probably be Gustavsson. In my heart we tied last night's game and am proud of the job Vesa did.
Luke needs more ice time as he isn't the only one on D making big mistakes. At least he should be expected to. Only his second year. Now, when Beauchemin makes these mistakes there is no excuse.
Would like to see Mitchell centering Kulemin and Stempniak again as we did in the third last night. I think it was the first time for that combo and I think it might work.

TuckerThomas is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 12:11 PM
  #20
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 54,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckerThomas View Post
Go to the Hawks board and read their comments during the third. Toskala was really getting under their skin. They were talking about him like he was Brodeur. He, by far, had his best game of the year. He needs to be criticized when he fails but also praised when he doesn't. I wouldn't be too worried if he gets the start. But it will probably be Gustavsson.

In my heart we tied last night's game and am proud of the job Vesa did.

Luke needs more ice time as he isn't the only one on D making big mistakes. At least he should be expected to. Only his second year. Now, when Beauchemin makes these mistakes there is no excuse.

Would like to see Mitchell centering Kulemin and Stempniak again as we did in the third last night. I think it was the first time for that combo and I think it might work.
I thought Kulemin woke up later in the game.

Kulemin isn't getting the points, but he is getting chances, and does forecheck well and pressures all the time.

It was funny that one shift when he was covering off for a caught defender and you could see he was bagged, but he covered his man to the net. Looked like Kessel has a couple times, no give-up but man I'm sure their legs were burning.

Trouble is both Kulemin and Stempniak have no luck around the net. However, yes I wouldn't mind seeing Kulemin and Stempniak on the same line, just not sure who I'd want as centerman.(Besides Bozak )

I wouldn't mind seeing Poni opposite Kessel as well. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing Hanson get an opportunity there. At least for a look see.

__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Keon

He was the Leafs' leading scorer in the 196364, 196667 and 196970 seasons, and the team's top goal scorer in 197071 and 197273. Keon was considered one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, and one of the best defensive forwards of his era.[3] He would usually play against the opposing team's top centre, and developed a reputation for neutralizing some of the league's top scorers. In 197071, he scored eight shorthanded goals, setting an NHL record.
ULF_55 is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 12:17 PM
  #21
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 57,703
vCash: 500
My two favourite teams play in this game so its the one I enjoy the most when the schedule comes out.

I always toss my support and cheer on the Flames in the west as my team of choice, or follow them as the double header game using my Center Ice package.

I even bet Vegas money on the Flames this year as Cup Champs as the Western Conference team to play in the Cup finals this season..

Going to be a tough game for the Leafs .. As Calgary played a real solid game yesterday verses Buffalo losing 2-1 in Shootout loss.

Go Leafs Go !!

Mess is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 12:19 PM
  #22
Snipeshow
Registered User
 
Snipeshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
Apparently it's 80's night at the ACC for tonights game.

Does that mean 80's jerseys?
Don't get me excited.

Snipeshow is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 12:20 PM
  #23
Tonka
Keslerberg strikes
 
Tonka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 8,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BLUE View Post
You mean, Flames?

Tonka is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 12:23 PM
  #24
Zardoz
Registered User
 
Zardoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
I thought Kulemin woke up later in the game.

Kulemin isn't getting the points, but he is getting chances, and does forecheck well and pressures all the time.

It was funny that one shift when he was covering off for a caught defender and you could see he was bagged, but he covered his man to the net. Looked like Kessel has a couple times, no give-up but man I'm sure their legs were burning.

Trouble is both Kulemin and Stempniak have no luck around the net. However, yes I wouldn't mind seeing Kulemin and Stempniak on the same line, just not sure who I'd want as centerman.(Besides Bozak )

I wouldn't mind seeing Poni opposite Kessel as well. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing Hanson get an opportunity there. At least for a look see.
Kulemin looks more and more like early career Poni to me... doesn't have the size, but solid board play and responsible positioning. I think once he starts hitting the net he'll put up Poni like numbers (maybe not this year though).

I would love to see Poni with Kessel too. although I thought he had a bit of a rough game last night, he generally turns the puck over much less than anyone else that's been paired with Kessel.

Zardoz is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 12:25 PM
  #25
Zardoz
Registered User
 
Zardoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
I even bet Vegas money on the Flames this year as Cup Champs as the Western Conference team to play in the Cup finals this season..

Go Leafs Go !!
Flames were my pick to win it all too!

Zardoz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.