HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone watched Coaches' Corner?

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2004, 07:31 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Anyone watched Coaches' Corner?

It was the wife's turn for the remote so I had to watch Crappy Academy so I missed it. I heard he said things about Ribs and Koivu? What else important, if there is.

Pretty strange that the same people who called all the habs fans classless because of 100 morons, find Cherry hilarious when he talks about europeans, french canadians and so on....Talk about double standards

Old
04-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
He asked people to vote on what was worse

- Ribeiro's act last night
or
-Rivaldo's act last world cup (you know when the ball hit him on the arm and he held his face and fell).

Ron said that Ribs didn't practice today and Cherry said "Yeah, he went to his acting school."

Then they talked about the crowd and Cherry said "Just watch Boston won't boo our anthem because they have a lot of class".

Old
04-12-2004, 07:36 PM
habitants9_4

He also said that Montreal fans are claseless, and Bruins fans wouldn't boo a national anthem, because they have class.

Old
04-12-2004, 07:36 PM
chicpea*

He also said "can you believe those fans booed Sako Koivo over this guy?!"

Old
04-12-2004, 07:47 PM
LPHabsFan

Send a message via AIM to LPHabsFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea

no no no....you have it all wrong........its koivoI......we must learn the correct pronunciation from the great Don Cherry.

Old
04-12-2004, 07:48 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
That I agree with

Old
04-12-2004, 07:54 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitants9_4
He also said that Montreal fans are claseless, and Bruins fans wouldn't boo a national anthem, because they have class.
And obviously Sidekick Ron didn't say anything being a small minority of people? That why we've got to more careful than anywhere in the world, people here will have to start to realize then whenever we do something wrong, they will amplify it and won't let it go.

It always happen to us, this is the game we were all waiting for, first game in Montreal, Kovy with 2 goals, our best performance so far and all the world is talking about is 100 fans and stupid cocky player.

I'm :mad: en tab.....(sorry a little french here)

Old
04-12-2004, 07:54 PM
gb701

Actually, it was pretty balanced...and funny when he showed the soccer goof off faking the injury. :lol

Ribiero better hope he doesn't really get hurt some time ... even the trainer is likely to take his time coming off the bench. Talk about bush league...

Old
04-12-2004, 07:57 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
That I agree with
I kinda agree with it as well but it's always and will always be a question of french VS english here, it's there will always be. For once they have a french player a leading scorer and a captain who still doesn't say a word in french, they mix up everything and that's the kind of climate we're in.

That's why it's so complicated here, it's political and unless this is not settle it will never be over.

I wish it will be though, sick and tired of doing anything but caring about our sport.

Old
04-12-2004, 08:08 PM
rib71

i think for don cherry to start to like ribeiro, he has to start running players knees like darcy tucker and marchment does and oh ya stop diving of course!!! not like tuckers never dove!!!! give me a break !!

i like cherry but if i ever see him i will give him a piece of my mind!!!!

Old
04-12-2004, 08:09 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rib71
i think for don cherry to start to like ribeiro, he has to start running players knees like darcy tucker and marchment does and oh ya stop diving of course!!! not like tuckers never dove!!!! give me a break !!

I would comment on this post, but I don't want you to fall from your chair, with keyboard in hand and start rolling around on the ground like you've been shot!

just kidding!

Old
04-12-2004, 08:09 PM
BJCOLLINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake
And obviously Sidekick Ron didn't say anything being a small minority of people? That why we've got to more careful than anywhere in the world, people here will have to start to realize then whenever we do something wrong, they will amplify it and won't let it go.

It always happen to us, this is the game we were all waiting for, first game in Montreal, Kovy with 2 goals, our best performance so far and all the world is talking about is 100 fans and stupid cocky player.

I'm :mad: en tab.....(sorry a little french here)

Well said! Ditto.

Old
04-12-2004, 08:27 PM
Kovalev Is A Hab

Who cares what Don Cherry says... it's just his opinion and i've been around long enough to know that people's opinions mean jack *****. Get over it, move on.

Old
04-12-2004, 08:37 PM
canuck1957

Quote:

yeppers i agree about the diving part, how come he does that? i've noticed it too, ribeiro is going to have a bad name with all that diving. see 2 fans of different teams can agree. i like cherry as well, but if i ever meet him i'm gonna talk old-time hockey.

Old
04-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
I agree with every thing Don said!

Old
04-12-2004, 09:03 PM
BJCOLLINS

I must be getting old cuz I don't see any CH player doing what Ribs did in front of Jean Beliveau......Who died and made M Lapointe the moral or ethical standards officer of the NHL(Take your 5million and SHUTUP) the Habs will talk to Ribs nuf said. IMHO....The booing thing needs to be put to rest, we have to (at least) be courteous to visitors in our home. Something had better be done before The World Cup next Aug. or we will never hear the end of this.

Old
04-12-2004, 09:07 PM
deandebean

Vous me faites tous mourir avec vos cris de Madonne et vos pleurs de Vierges offensées.

Ce sont les séries. TOUS LES COUPS POUR GAGNER SONT PERMIS! C'est la loi depuis le début des temps modernes. Claude Lemieux l'a fait avant lui. Darcy Tucker l'a encore fait ce soir. Ils font tous ça. Ribeiro a fait le clown et ça a porté fruit. Bob est probablement allé le voir pour lui dire de ne plus recommencer. Pas grave, les Canadiens ont gagné.

Quant aux hymnes nationaux, on en a rien à foutre. Huer l'hymne américain est devenu coutumier à Montréal. Rien de nouveau. Ça se faisait dans les années 70, les années 80, les années 90 et maintenant les années 2000. Pourquoi en faire un plat? Et puis après. Encore une fois, ce sont les séries. Les pédés sont pas contents? Qu'ils aillent se faire foutre à Boston!

Et Don qui parle de classe....Incroyable. Lui, qui envoyait Wensink pour tuer littéralement Lafleur. Tel un tueur à gages. Quel pitre!

Réveillez-vous bon sens! Il faut tout faire pour gagner.

si Mike se fait geler pour ce geste (c'est ce qui arrivera), tant mieux pour ses détracteurs.

Old
04-12-2004, 09:22 PM
BBR

Did you watch toronto ottawa game at the end off the game
ottawa player hits Tucker on left board ottawa zone Tucker skate go in center
of ottawa zone drop on the ice stay there 20 plus second
get up skate real fast 30feet to the ref and starts crying didn't look as
bad as ribs but its the same thing he was faking and alot of player do it.
I dont no if Cherry is going to say nothing because he plays
in toronto.

Old
04-12-2004, 09:39 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
Vous me faites tous mourir avec vos cris de Madonne et vos pleurs de Vierges offensées.

Ce sont les séries. TOUS LES COUPS POUR GAGNER SONT PERMIS! C'est la loi depuis le début des temps modernes. Claude Lemieux l'a fait avant lui. Darcy Tucker l'a encore fait ce soir. Ils font tous ça. Ribeiro a fait le clown et ça a porté fruit. Bob est probablement allé le voir pour lui dire de ne plus recommencer. Pas grave, les Canadiens ont gagné.

Quant aux hymnes nationaux, on en a rien à foutre. Huer l'hymne américain est devenu coutumier à Montréal. Rien de nouveau. Ça se faisait dans les années 70, les années 80, les années 90 et maintenant les années 2000. Pourquoi en faire un plat? Et puis après. Encore une fois, ce sont les séries. Les pédés sont pas contents? Qu'ils aillent se faire foutre à Boston!

Et Don qui parle de classe....Incroyable. Lui, qui envoyait Wensink pour tuer littéralement Lafleur. Tel un tueur à gages. Quel pitre!

si Mike se fait geler pour ce geste (c'est ce qui arrivera), tant mieux pour ses détracteurs.

CHU BEN D"ACCORD AVEC TOé

Old
04-12-2004, 09:51 PM
Tucker316*

Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*
Quote:

Tucker has matured though a bit. Plus he backs up his actions...he will drop the gloves, and he plays like a freakin warrior. After 2 games, take a good look at the man.
I'd want tucker on my team in the playoffs actually more then ribeiro. Coming from a habs fan...

personally, I never wanted Tucker traded to tampa.

Old
04-12-2004, 09:54 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

DiPietro played dead tonight also when the net hit him in the back. Thought he was dead. Seems it's a league wide issue.

Old
04-12-2004, 09:56 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Anyone really surprised Cherry had this bit on Coach's Corner tonight? Not I. Ribs kinda gave him some pretty good material to work with.

Ribs really showed his playoff inexperience last night. You just don't do things that may get the refs or the opponents all riled up about you, unless you can back it up. Montreal had some momentum after two decent games in which they outplayed Boston for about 2/3rds of both games, I sure hope this little taunting/laughing stunt doesn't fire up the B's like the dirty hit on Zednik did for the Habs two years ago.

Old
04-12-2004, 09:59 PM
L3DZ3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean

I agree sti,get over it!

Old
04-12-2004, 10:22 PM
HFXMooseHabs

Tonight's Coach's Corner makes the papers:

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...=1044442957278

Old
04-12-2004, 10:33 PM
tinyzombies

Balanced?? :lol

There hasn't been anything balanced on Hockey Night In Canada since the days when Montreal had their own announcers and were beating the Leafs like stepchildren year after year.

Where is Howie Meeker and Dick Irvin when you need them?

Toronto sucks now, always has sucked, always will suck. They will never win the Cup, so they should just get back to the business of cleaning up the litter on the street and keeping their city nice and clean.

Also, we can boo the anthem if we want, who gives a damn? I doubt anyone in the States gives a rats butt anyway.

Go Habs Go

Closed Thread