HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Burke on Leafs Lunch now 12:10-ish

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-14-2009, 11:10 AM
  #1
BIG BLUE
Registered User
 
BIG BLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: United States
Posts: 2,957
vCash: 500
Burke on Leafs Lunch now 12:10-ish

should be coming on now, Leafs Lunch

http://www.640toronto.com/

BIG BLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:14 AM
  #2
Rifleman
Registered User
 
Rifleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 731
vCash: 500
Video stream

http://mapleleafs.nhl.tv/team/consol...d=616&id=51402

Rifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:16 AM
  #3
BIG BLUE
Registered User
 
BIG BLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: United States
Posts: 2,957
vCash: 500
he'd make the Kessel deal again if he could...

they may even try him at center...

can't worry about a center for him, you get a guy of that caliber whenever you can...

thinks he's 75% in shape, liked that he caught 2 guys backchecking and broke up plays...

special teams have improved, solved goalie problems to a large degree...

Komi, Beauch playing well...

believes the goalies should push each other...

like Blake's effort but no results...

unhappy with offensive output of certain guys...

generating chances which he likes, generating shots....shot selection not great...

BIG BLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:17 AM
  #4
malliabu
Registered User
 
malliabu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Malta
Posts: 916
vCash: 500
I think Stalberg and Komi are on the show today as well.

malliabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:24 AM
  #5
BIG BLUE
Registered User
 
BIG BLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: United States
Posts: 2,957
vCash: 500
Gunnarsson=intelligent player, high hockey IQ, mentally involved in the game...poised...will be a good NHL player...not sure if he's ready for regular NHL minutes.

Luke Schenn can play better...likes that he's owning up to his bad play.

White probably best D so far since day 1.

UFA...summer...haven't decided who to keep...expiring contracts have value at the deadline...

BIG BLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:28 AM
  #6
080
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Guelph
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BLUE View Post
he'd make the Kessel deal again if he could...

they may even try him at center...

can't worry about a center for him, you get a guy of that caliber whenever you can...

thinks he's 75% in shape, liked that he caught 2 guys backchecking and broke up plays...

special teams have improved, solved goalie problems to a large degree...

Komi, Beauch playing well...

believes the goalies should push each other...

like Blake's effort but no results...

unhappy with offensive output of certain guys...

generating chances which he likes, generating shots....shot selection not great...
How can you be unhappy with the offense of the team? Everyone is playing exactly as they should. Maybe Beauchemin and Kulemin should have some more points but other than that I think everyone is putting up the offensive numbers they're capable of.

080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:31 AM
  #7
embracedbias
Registered User
 
embracedbias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BLUE View Post
UFA...summer...haven't decided who to keep...expiring contracts have value at the deadline...
That's a good sign, I think.

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:33 AM
  #8
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,397
vCash: 500
Personally I think Kulemin has been one of our best forwards. Sure the points aren't there but this guy is good. We'd be foolish to trade him unless something returning was better value (maybe couple of players bunched together from the Leafs) than what he brings to the table.

Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:35 AM
  #9
Scoogs
Registered User
 
Scoogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,035
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
Man people are really stupid.

Someone calls in asking about sending Schenn down for the World Juniors.

Scoogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:43 AM
  #10
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,857
vCash: 500
I believe he said Hanson and Bozak will be with the Leafs this year.

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA3LN_8hjM8.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:45 AM
  #11
Drakkor
Registered User
 
Drakkor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 715
vCash: 500
Love what he just said about Grabo wanting to kill penalties.

"I show you"

Drakkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:47 AM
  #12
UFancyHuh
Registered User
 
UFancyHuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lost
Posts: 10,854
vCash: 500
someone should ask him why kessel hasnt played with grabo and poni. i know its the coaches decision but i would like to know what his take on that line combo is.

UFancyHuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:49 AM
  #13
embracedbias
Registered User
 
embracedbias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
I believe he said Hanson and Bozak will be with the Leafs this year.
If so, there will be trades.

I'm optimistic that Burke will get more trades done this season than he did last season. Hopefully the market is better this year.

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:56 AM
  #14
Duke Silver
Truce?
 
Duke Silver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,020
vCash: 450
Played that Patrick Kane question very well. Had the potential to be accused of tampering again. Hahaha.

Duke Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 12:52 PM
  #15
malliabu
Registered User
 
malliabu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Malta
Posts: 916
vCash: 500
Stalberg on now. I'm at work and missed everything Komi said.

malliabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:54 PM
  #16
SteveV*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,212
vCash: 500
Burke Appearance

Burke spent a full hour on Leaf's Lunch today, taking questions from the fans.

What struck me, he basically said they would wait until the trade deadline to move the guys with expiring contracts, that way you maximize their value. I see a few second rounders coming our way.

I was surprised how unequivocal he was about the college kids. Burke said that both Bozak and Hanson would be with the big club this year, "no question", just a matter of when. That was music to my ears, move out a couple stiffs and at least let us dream about upside.

Didn't want to deal with the C question at all, gave a turt "NO" when asked if anyone was going to be named.

Defended Schenn's play, said he had a great attitude.

Sort of backed off the "Toskala is the starter" angle, but that he didn't want to rush Gus, so needed him to play well.

A caller said that Kessel was the only top six forward. Burke disagreed, saying Grabs was top six material. He praised his work ethic. Said Grabs told Wilson he wanted to get pk time. Wilson said he wouldn't because he was bad on draws. Burke said Grabs made a real effort to improve, which shows his commitment.

Thinks Gunnarson is the real deal, although he cautioned he might not be quite ready for a full time gig.

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 02:00 PM
  #17
Snipeshow
Registered User
 
Snipeshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,669
vCash: 500
Good, expiring contracts = picks for us.

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 02:06 PM
  #18
SteveV*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
Good, expiring contracts = picks for us.
I really got the sense that the plan was to move the deadwood out in a couple months, and bring up the kids. I don't think we lose anything on the ice, because it's hard to do worse than NO production, plus we can get a few second rounders, maybe another prospect.

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 02:07 PM
  #19
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 60,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
I believe he said Hanson and Bozak will be with the Leafs this year.
Burke touched on as we thought would happen more NCAA undrafted guys already on Leafs radar this season..

Burke said he went to a college game last week to scout a guy and in an earlier game there were scouts from 22 other teams there scouting the same guy he went to see..

Particularly since the Leafs have traded picks does he intend to be aggressive again next year and see if he can land more Hanson and Bozak level prospects.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 02:08 PM
  #20
Mr Lahey*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Great North
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,295
vCash: 500
Grabovski has a winning attitude...he's a bit cocky, likes the spotlight, wants to be a real good player.

Mr Lahey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 02:20 PM
  #21
Ratboy
The Samsquanch!
 
Ratboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfan07 View Post
someone should ask him why kessel hasnt played with grabo and poni. i know its the coaches decision but i would like to know what his take on that line combo is.
If it's a language barrier thing, time to get some english lessons.. I'd use either Poni or Kulemin on Kessels line, and call up Bozak to centre it at some point. Kessel would benefit from a big body to give him some screens and a good playmaker, but as we can clearly see he CAN do it on his own. Imagine how good he'd be with a real centre..

Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 02:21 PM
  #22
MLHS Joe C
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I really got the sense that the plan was to move the deadwood out in a couple months, and bring up the kids. I don't think we lose anything on the ice, because it's hard to do worse than NO production, plus we can get a few second rounders, maybe another prospect.
I'm sure teams are lining up to give us 2nd rounders for garbage like Matt Stajan

MLHS Joe C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 02:27 PM
  #23
UFancyHuh
Registered User
 
UFancyHuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lost
Posts: 10,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclaiming93 View Post
If it's a language barrier thing, time to get some english lessons.. I'd use either Poni or Kulemin on Kessels line, and call up Bozak to centre it at some point. Kessel would benefit from a big body to give him some screens and a good playmaker, but as we can clearly see he CAN do it on his own. Imagine how good he'd be with a real centre..


I just posted that here because I live in NJ, and dont feel like getting charged international for THAT.

and yeah that's exactly why I want poni to play with kessel, he can go screen the goalie while grabo wins faceoffs/hunts down the puck which allows kessel to do what he's good at

UFancyHuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 02:58 PM
  #24
Ratboy
The Samsquanch!
 
Ratboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfan07 View Post


I just posted that here because I live in NJ, and dont feel like getting charged international for THAT.

and yeah that's exactly why I want poni to play with kessel, he can go screen the goalie while grabo wins faceoffs/hunts down the puck which allows kessel to do what he's good at
I meant that Poni and Grabs have played together for awhile and language has been noted as one of the reasons theyre doing so. At least in the beginning Poni was a translator of sorts for Grabs and I believe Kulemin may have been on the line last year for the same reason.

Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 03:54 PM
  #25
UFancyHuh
Registered User
 
UFancyHuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lost
Posts: 10,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclaiming93 View Post
I meant that Poni and Grabs have played together for awhile and language has been noted as one of the reasons theyre doing so. At least in the beginning Poni was a translator of sorts for Grabs and I believe Kulemin may have been on the line last year for the same reason.
OH OH .. oops i completely misread that sry

UFancyHuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.