HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Habs Lounge and Le Cabaret, Episode IX: The Journey Continues

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Next Best Thing*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Agreed. Somewhat disgusting to see wild animals trained to do something like that for our entertainment.
im not what you call a "hippie" or "activist" in any way but I was appaled when I saw that video the first time and I am getting even more angry now that someone thought to post this again this aint right.

Old
11-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
Thanks for your opinion, but you should do a little research, it's very real.
He's still right about it being old.

It's been posted here probably 4 times already and that's just in the lounge. I don't see why it belongs in the habs forum at all.

Pretty sure this belongs in the lounge thread here.

Old
11-23-2009, 09:34 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

mistreated animal rights or not, that's some funny ****.

Old
11-23-2009, 09:36 AM
Blunt182

I'm absolutely disgusted by this post.
And what's even worst is that the moderators are encouraging people with their own jokes.

What are we going to see next on hf, 5 year old kids in hokey fights?

Old
11-23-2009, 09:39 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunt182 View Post
And what's even worst is that the moderators are encouraging people with their own jokes.

its been done, careful for what you ask for around here

(in all fairness they were just skating into eachother and falling all over the ice, but with some real fight music )

Old
11-23-2009, 09:40 AM
Serious HABit

And gainey picked Kostitsyn ahead of these guys in the draft

Old
11-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious HABit View Post
And gainey picked Kostitsyn ahead of these guys in the draft
Bobsled Gainey

Old
11-23-2009, 09:42 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:

I'm curious to hear why you would find this to be so disgusting? Is it because you feel these animals are being mistreated?

I don't see anything wrong with this video. In fact I actually thought it was entertaining.

As for my joke, that's all it was....a joke. Chara is a big man, who probably couldn't walk into an average store and buy skates. He has to get them custom made. If you were offended by my joke, I apologize.

Old
11-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Moen is Gone
@MoeninGlory

Quote:

Old
11-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Serious HABit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
ah damn, http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.js...y_bestsell_img, getting this for ski trip/ chalet this year

watch out broski

Old
11-23-2009, 09:47 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moen in Glory View Post
HAHAHAHAHA

I just saw ur avatar,

GOLD

Old
11-23-2009, 09:54 AM
TroyM

Quote:
Agreed. Somewhat disgusting to see wild animals trained to do something like that for our entertainment.
As usual Gros Bill said it best...

Old
11-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Priceless, I love how the aggressor runs away at the end.

Old
11-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Slippy13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
im not what you call a "hippie" or "activist" in any way but I was appaled when I saw that video the first time and I am getting even more angry now that someone thought to post this again this aint right.
Funny thing but I feel the exact same way. Just disgusting.

Old
11-23-2009, 10:22 AM
Joe Cole

The fact that there is animal cruelty involved in this sideshow is simply obvious.

To find it entertaining to see animals or people be forced to amuse us, using cruelty... well, that is what will define people as sub-human.

As for the trainer getting killed by one of his captive tortored bears.... well, that my friend, is what they call karma. I hope it was a slow and painful death.

Old
11-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
The fact that there is animal cruelty involved in this sideshow is simply obvious.

To find it entertaining to see animals or people be forced to amuse us, using cruelty... well, that is what will define people as sub-human.

As for the trainer getting killed by one of his captive tortored bears.... well, that my friend, is what they call karma. I hope it was a slow and painful death.
This.

This serves no other purpose than human entertainment. And it's something we could've all passed on and not be lacking anything in our lives.

Old
11-23-2009, 10:34 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy13 View Post
Funny thing but I feel the exact same way. Just disgusting.
Fair enough, I just hope everyone that finds this video disgusting also finds animals used in the following way disgusting as well.

Zoos
Circuses
Horse/Dog racing
Dog/Horse shows
Animals used in Movies/Television
Petting zoos
Horse/Pony rides
Dressing your pet in a Leaf/Bruins jersey (Sorry I had to lighten this up a little bit)

My point is yes some animals are mistreated, a certain incident involving a football player comes to mind as I type this. That doesn't mean all animals used for our entertainment are mistreated.

Unless you are able to witness it first hand, can you really pass judgment on whether a certain animal is being mistreated?

Old
11-23-2009, 10:35 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

yeah but now that we have it, let's watch it over and over. or maybe we shouldn't because of course every view the video gets is still hurting these bears, 20 years later.

anyway, h10h (new flu?) people assume these specific bears were mistreated because this video was probably filmed in the end of the soviet era. and lord knows those russians weren't particularly humane towards human hockeyers. the long standing tradition of russian skating bears always implies a certain amount of mistreatment.

but hey, let's continue to laugh at BGL for being vegan and an animal activist while we cry rivers for these bears. amirite?

Last edited by HarlemsFinest: 11-23-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old
11-23-2009, 10:41 AM
coolasprICE

Hamburgers

Hot Dogs

Smoked Meat

Pork Chops

Ribs

Steaks

.... If I were an animal, I'd rather play hockey...

Old
11-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Fair enough, I just hope everyone that finds this video disgusting also finds animals used in the following way disgusting as well.

Zoos
Circuses
Horse/Dog racing
Dog/Horse shows
Animals used in Movies/Television
Petting zoos
Horse/Pony rides
Dressing your pet in a Leaf/Bruins jersey (Sorry I had to lighten this up a little bit)

My point is yes some animals are mistreated, a certain incident involving a football player comes to mind as I type this. That doesn't mean all animals used for our entertainment are mistreated.

Unless you are able to witness it first hand, can you really pass judgment on whether a certain animal is being mistreated?
The bear is a noble, majestic animal; in its natural habitat, it should awe and inspire us. Instead, it is presented here as some kind of vaudeville act. The fact that people derive pleasure from seeing it "skating", as some kind of sub-human joke, is sad indeed.

The fact you see no difference between a zoo or a petting zoo, which at least can serve some educational purpose, and this "skating" performance, or between domestic and wild animals for that matter, is sadder still.

Small things amuse small minds, I guess.

Old
11-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
The bear is a noble, majestic animal; in its natural habitat, it should awe and inspire us. Instead, it is presented here as some kind of vaudeville act. The fact that people derive pleasure from seeing it "skating", as some kind of sub-human joke, is sad indeed.

The fact you see no difference between a zoo or a petting zoo, which at least can serve some educational purpose, and this "skating" performance, or between domestic and wild animals for that matter, is sadder still.

What does that have to do with it? A lion is considered to be a majestic animal as well. Yet in a zoo, he is treated like a prisoner. Not being allowed to roam free. Instead he spends his whole day confined to a small space. I don't see how that can be any less degrading. Same can be said of the animals in a petting zoo.

Let me get this straight. Since it's educational, it makes it alright to take an animal out of his natural habitat? Put them in situations that are out of the norm for them?

I think you should take a close look in the mirror before you start making "small minded" comments.

Old
11-23-2009, 11:20 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:

I think if you were an animal you'd take the circus over the slaughter house.

Some food for thought the next time you bite into your burger.

ps: the cow is also considered noble and majestic to many ppl in this world.

Old
11-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
What does that have to do with it? A lion is considered to be a majestic animal as well. Yet in a zoo, he is treated like a prisoner. Not being allowed to roam free. Instead he spends his whole day confined to a small space. I don't see how that can be any less degrading. Same can be said of the animals in a petting zoo.

Let me get this straight. Since it's educational, it makes it alright to take an animal out of his natural habitat? Put them in situations that are out of the norm for them?

I think you should take a close look in the mirror before you start making "small minded" comments.
Sorry, my comment was a bit harsh. I just find it a bit (a lot) sad that people are still amused by a form of entertainment which is medieval at best, cruel and inhumane at worst. But if it amuses you, so be it.

Old
11-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Belso

Quote:
lol good one

Old
11-23-2009, 11:59 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Sorry, my comment was a bit harsh. I just find it a bit (a lot) sad that people are still amused by a form of entertainment which is medieval at best, cruel and inhumane at worst. But if it amuses you, so be it.
No worries GB, I probably would have reacted the same way. I will admit that when I first saw the video, I didn't take into consideration the treatment of the bears.

My first thought was amazement that an animal(s) could be able to perform such a feat. Upon further reflection, I can definitely see why you and some others could find this a disgusting form of entertainment.

Personally I don't dig that deep when reading/seeing things on the internet. Now if I were to see this happen in real life, maybe my reaction would be different.

Closed Thread