HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Just picked up an S17....different versions?

Old
11-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Baggy Spandex
Boat movie.

vCash: 500
Just picked up an S17....different versions?

Apparently there were some durability problems with the "early run" of S17 Easton sticks, and supposedly they wiped stores and stock of the original version, revised it, and stores now sell the revised version.

Is there any truth to this 'rumor'? I just picked up an S17 from my local shop as it was on sale, and if this is true I'd like to know I own the revised version before I use it.

Thanks!

Baggy Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 06:54 PM
hemsky88

I haven't heard anything about the rumor but i know S17 durability sucks regardless.

hemsky88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Heat McManus

S17s were breaking a lot when they first came out. They never "wiped the stores" of the first run. It wasn't recalled or anything.

Many new items have problems with first-run items. Easton went back and reinforced the problem areas. Newer S17s were a bit more durable in my experience.

Unless you call Easton with the serial # and they are willing to tell you, there's really not a clear distinctive way to tell whether it's an early or late S17. If it breaks in 30 days, then either way you've just won a new S19.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 06:11 PM
raganblink

virtuarly every stick has two or three runs on it during its lifespan. hell there have been atleast 3 RBK 9k skates that i know of, i think the white version is actually version number 4, but don't quote me.

anyways, if it is forsberg curve its going to be one of the originals, if it is black it is very new. but yeah its fine. if you want, i'd return that stick and spend the money on the s19, but that's just me.

raganblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Baggy Spandex
Boat movie.

Thanks for the info all. Mine is a non-grip Heatley curve, 100flex. Needed the Heatley because I was looking for a lower lie (5).

I do hope this thing stays together for a bit, because I've never played better in my life. One timers, wristers, catching passes and everything so far is unbelievably better.

Baggy Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 06:49 PM
HalifaxHockey61
#50in15

Loved mine. Broke it sunday, which was the 29th day and I was away on a tourney. Went in to cleves tonight and Easton is closed. Hopefully even though it will be 31 days tomorrow they will still send me a new one. Just sent an email too letting them know i broke it before the 30 days.

HalifaxHockey61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 11:22 PM
StrykerB

Yeah, just look on the sticks and you'll see "Made in China",and there lies the problem.

Well everything Easton used to make was "Made in Mexico".

But it does seem that the durability has been getting better though. Maybe they experienced some teething problems after they starting making their sticks in China??

StrykerB is offline   Reply With Quote